Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 11 video discussing gameplay. If you can't view it on OS, check our Youtube page.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Exonerated @ 06/08/10 10:44 PM
good 2 c

# 2 myownsun @ 06/08/10 10:48 PM
Thanks J

# 3 drventure @ 06/08/10 10:49 PM
Thanks

# 4 Atomic Martian @ 06/08/10 10:59 PM
thanks man. Hmmm not really sure what to think. It was funny when ian said Jazz hands he looked like man "STFU" lol I hope the crew dosent have to re-write any more code for m12 well maybe I do, Glad to hear this from IAN though "Its all about gameplay franchise means nothing with out gameplay" I dont think thats what he said word for word ill edit when i watch it again. GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY

# 5 Pacman83 @ 06/08/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
those animations just do not look right.... I hope the final version does not look or move like that.... it's not just the running animations (which don't look realistic) but the transition between each different animation that just looks totally off.....it just looks weird. Its like different artists working on the same painting.
Yea, it'll look that way until there's an engine change...they aren't redoing the animations or adding smoother transitions, so it still looks awkward to me....improved but still not there to my eyes

# 6 myownsun @ 06/08/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
those animations just do not look right.... I hope the final version does not look or move like that.... it's not just the running animations (which don't look realistic) but the transition between each different animation that just looks totally off.....it just looks weird. Its like different artist working on a painting.
Thats old footage the entire developer series seems like it was recorded months ago.

# 7 Jono078 @ 06/08/10 11:05 PM
All the other EA Sports games are going more physics based this year. I think the Madden team will learn from them and then implement it into M12.

Personally M11 should be good, but it won't be complete until it's more physics. As above I agree it doesnt look right.

The animation branching just doesnt work as well.

# 8 RGiles36 @ 06/08/10 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Thats old footage the entire developer series seems like it was recorded months ago.
I agree with this guy. Not to say that the final product will be leaps and bounds more smooth, but that definitely resembled old footage. Not to mention that it's obvious these dev series were recorded in one sitting (unless they are injecting recent gameplay footage into the already-recorded films).

# 9 Artman22 @ 06/08/10 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
That's an assumption
The running animations need a lot of work.

# 10 jeremym480 @ 06/08/10 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
This game looks sick! Can't wait.
+1. Can't wait!

# 11 LSX @ 06/08/10 11:21 PM
They say each blocker has a specific assignment that they will follow no matter what, correct? Or did I misunderstand something? How defined are their assignments, and are there any variables?

Say you're running off-tackle from the I-formation. What would your fullback's assignment be? Block a specific player (let's say the outside linebacker) or would he know to lead the halfback and block whoever approaches first? What I mean by that is if a DT gets right by the guard, will the FB give up his pre-determined assignment and block the guard, or run right past him?

What happens when your TE pancakes the guy he was supposed to block? Does he know to keep moving and block the next guy, or does he stay behind and keep trying to block someone he ran over?

I suppose I'm just taking things too literally, but I figure the question must be asked. The devs have never had a good grip on the blocking engines, so I'm still a tad nervous about that. Also, I agree that the animations look very odd and the transitions are rather robotic. But as long as the game plays right and they fix a lot of their past gameplay issues, it won't bother me.

# 12 Matt23134 @ 06/08/10 11:21 PM
I don't understand how it can be simpler, yet deeper at the same time.

# 13 Vikes1 @ 06/08/10 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
All the other EA Sports games are going more physics based this year. I think the Madden team will learn from them and then implement it into M12.
I was just thinking the same thing Jono.

Just to hear them mention about "branching animations" just doesn't sound right...when as you mentioned, other EA games are going the way of true physics. Hopefully Madden will have this physic engine added for next year.

# 14 Tweeg @ 06/08/10 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
thanks man. Hmmm not really sure what to think. It was funny when ian said Jazz hands he looked like man "STFU" lol I hope the crew dosent have to re-write any more code for m12 well maybe I do, Glad to hear this from IAN though "Its all about gameplay franchise means nothing with out gameplay" I dont think thats what he said word for word ill edit when i watch it again. GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY
Yeah but Gameplay doesn't matter if Franchise isn't good. The two go hand in hand.

# 15 Step2001 @ 06/08/10 11:54 PM
Is Madden just a play now mode this year?

Franchise mode is what keeps a majority of players playing this game through the year. To avoid adding or fixing anything to this mode is a boneheaded decision.

Especially after all the posts on boards like this all over the internet.

It's not a good sign when you see former Madden Franchise mode lead now with the title of lead on Ultimate Madden. WTF!

Scrap that garbage and bring back HC11!

# 16 zachgood @ 06/08/10 11:56 PM
this is old! and its on PS3 and that system is bad.

# 17 ThaShark28_316 @ 06/08/10 11:57 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little when i saw that madden 10 blocking at 1:30...damn I'm glad I'm done with that game.

# 18 Only1LT @ 06/09/10 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachgood
this is old! and its on PS3 and that system is bad.
You didn't waste any time making a ridiculous post huh lol?

# 19 roadman @ 06/09/10 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I agree with this guy. Not to say that the final product will be leaps and bounds more smooth, but that definitely resembled old footage. Not to mention that it's obvious these dev series were recorded in one sitting (unless they are injecting recent gameplay footage into the already-recorded films).
Yeah, your right.

Ian mentioned on Twitter awhile back the series took 6 hours to shoot in one setting. I've seen the Reggie Bush move since March.

# 20 CatMan72 @ 06/09/10 12:31 AM
I was happy to catch a glimpse of the Panthers in Madden 11, looks like they finally fixed the shoulder stripes so that they get thinner and don't extend under the arm when a player goes sleeveless!

I realize this is a small matter to most of you, but for a die hard Panthers fan this is a great day.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.