Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports has just posted their NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, written by Gameplay Producer Zach Timmerman, as he talks about the "Jordan Challenge" and a few other tidbits.

Quote:
"One thing that hasn’t really been mentioned in all the great coverage today, we spent a tremendous amount of time getting the Historic Bulls teams and their biggest rivals into NBA 2K11. We went out and got the rights to the actual players from each era and spent a ton of time capturing their signature shots, moves, and tendencies. So not only are we building you the perfect Michael Jordan in-game, we are also giving you some of the games great players from yesteryear such as Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Dominique Wilkins, and many others. With those guys in the game, it didn’t feel right without adding era specific commentary. I am sure the audio team will get into that more in a future Insight.

For now, here are the Historic Teams that will be immediately available for you to play this year:

1985-86 Chicago Bulls
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1989-90 Chicago Bulls
1989-90 Atlanta Hawks
1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
1989-90 Detroit Pistons
1990-91 Chicago Bulls
1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
1991-92 Chicago Bulls
1991-92 Portland Trailblazers
1994-95 Chicago Bulls
1994-95 New York Knicks
1995-96 Chicago Bulls
1995-96 Seattle Supersonics
1996-97 Chicago Bulls
1996-97 Utah Jazz
1997-98 Chicago Bulls
1997-98 Utah Jazz"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 what8590 @ 07/24/10 01:49 AM
anyone know if the 92-93 suns with my man sir charles are a unlockable team maybe? and why is it the 94-95 knicks instead of the 93-94 knicks who made it to the finals lol? Also anyone know if Marv Albert will be doing the commentary? Loved these 2 sayings, "YESSSSSS" and "A Facial Served UP BY ________" And how sick would it be if before the games Roundball rock was played!!!! This game could really be my favorite game of all time!!!

# 162 airjoca @ 07/24/10 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
"Jordan, trying to shake off Starks. OH WHAT A MOVE BY JORDAN!!"

--Marv Albert
Best. Basketball. Moment. Ever.

# 163 elprez98 @ 07/24/10 09:44 AM
I'm a Bulls fan forever but I can't wait to play with Zeke and Co.

# 164 10yard-Fight @ 07/24/10 10:25 AM
i will be picking up nba 2k11

# 165 MJ23Sebastian @ 07/24/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madden316
Vlade Divac
Spud Webb
John Starks
Charles Oakley
Kenny Smith
Gary Payton
Shawn Kemp
Dennis Rodman(Crazy Hair)
John Stockton

94-95 Suns? Where's barkley!?!
awww just when i thought ALL the legends would appear!

# 166 ronnieb @ 07/24/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
Best. Basketball. Moment. Ever.

Co sign

Great mode
I already miss barkley s suns
This mode deserve a game of the 93 finals, the two overtime game or game 6 and the paxson 3

# 167 youvalss @ 07/24/10 03:26 PM
Better not bring the "other company" into this discussion. Mods don't really like it.

# 168 TheKingOfVa @ 07/24/10 04:18 PM
I hope they release teams later and we can download them for free. I hoped they would have the Showtime Lakers with Magic, Kareem, and Worthy not the over the hill Lakers.

I'm going to have a lot of fun using the Bad Boy Pistons.

# 169 VDusen04 @ 07/24/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by what8590
anyone know if the 92-93 suns with my man sir charles are a unlockable team maybe? and why is it the 94-95 knicks instead of the 93-94 knicks who made it to the finals lol? Also anyone know if Marv Albert will be doing the commentary? Loved these 2 sayings, "YESSSSSS" and "A Facial Served UP BY ________" And how sick would it be if before the games Roundball rock was played!!!! This game could really be my favorite game of all time!!!
There's been no word as of yet as to whether other teams aside from the ones already listed will be unlockable. Charles Barkley has always been difficult to sign on to a basketball game so I feel that Suns squad could be iffy, even if there did end up being more teams available.

The '95 Knicks are being used rather than the '94 squad because the classic teams included were all opponents during the 10 "Jordan Moments" being used for the Jordan Challenge. The '95 Knicks were the opponents for Jordan's 55 point game shortly after his comeback.

Finally, no word on Marv Albert and I hate to speculate - as I know nothing - but I wouldn't hold your breath. 2K mentioned era-specific commentary but as has been mentioned in other threads, I've gotten the impression this would be more of Kevin Harlan mentioning Michael Jordan and his exploits rather than having an entirely different broadcasting team.

# 170 youvalss @ 07/24/10 05:15 PM
I don't know about other teams. They said they got all the starters and most of the bench players (for the teams that are in the game), and hopeing to get all of them eventually. So it doesn't seem like they're gonna get other teams. Unless they were also talking about other teams but didn't say a word about it.

Anyway, I think that since the focus of this mode is MJ and NOT general classic teams, no other teams will be in. But for me it's more than enough. I couldn't have asked for more. Seriously, 4 days ago we wouldn't even expect half of that, and now people want a lot more. Come on!

After all, this only one mode, it's not even the game itself. If it was a title like APF 2K8, I'd say - yeah, more teams are a must. But it's not - it's just another option on the main menu.

# 171 23 @ 07/24/10 05:25 PM
If you guys want more teams create them, simple as that as always

# 172 youvalss @ 07/24/10 08:16 PM
Oh man...if only it was possible to recreate the old TNT intro from 1990...to me it's the best EVER!

And also:

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/is...5Td-Chd5woeaEw

# 173 VDusen04 @ 07/24/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
If you guys want more teams create them, simple as that as always
Yeah I'm curious as to whether the classic teams will be able to be toggled. If, for some crazy reason, I wanted to create the 2002 Wizards, I wonder if I'll be able to take a Jordan and throw him onto Washington. Having authentic historic teams could lighten the load (at least a little) on people who have historically created entire years of teams and players in 2K (i.e. instead of created John Stockton, he'll already be there, ditto Bryon Russell, Ron Harper, etc.).

# 174 Spectre @ 07/24/10 10:08 PM
94-95 Knicks?

Jordan?

NBA 2K?

This is the only sports game I'm buying this year. Can't wait to be dropping 3's with Starks all day long

# 175 jd@os @ 07/24/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
To keep it realistic, the refs should blow Mike's sack too.
Yeah--it's not like Mike was any good without the help of the refs

# 176 shadowgrin @ 07/24/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Can't wait to be dropping 3's with Starks all day long
lmao. Good thing Game 7 of the 1994 Finals isn't in the game.

# 177 jd@os @ 07/25/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
Obviously, he was great. But Stern and the refs made him just about unbeatable, which was a load of crap.
Uh, nooooooo: his skill and desire made him just about unbeatable. If you don't believe me, watch some of his college games--especially his last two years. The refs and especially Stern had nothing to do with that.

During locker room pregame preparations in the '84 NCAA Tourney, Indiana's Bobby Knight (who turned out to be the winning coach) was telling each starter who they were to guard on defense. He purposefully saved Jordan for last, and told his shooting guard that he had Jordan. Knight said the guy sat there with an awful look on his face, then got up and vomited in the bathroom. Jordan was nearly unstoppable by his sophomore year in college without help from Stern and company.

# 178 youvalss @ 07/25/10 01:07 AM
Weird, because I don't remember Stern helping MJ vs the Pistons or the Knicks. Those were very tough serieses, and everyone kicked eachother's a**, many times without a foul called...
I do remember, however, that years later (aka: today), you can't put 2 hands on your man, you generally can't be too physical, and if, god forbid, Kobe is going to the basket - the next ref who doesn't call a foul will find himself jobless.

# 179 shadowgrin @ 07/25/10 03:31 AM
Stop feeding trolls is all I can say.

# 180 23 @ 07/25/10 03:33 AM
its okay...

I wish you guys would report this stuff though

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.