Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBA 2K11

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBAŽ 2K11 to Complement the Series' All-Time Greatest Cover Athlete

Soundtrack raises the bar with diverse lineup spanning Drake to The Alan Parsons Project alongside the national NBA 2K11 producer/MC contest winners

New York, NY - July 29, 2010 - 2K Sports today announced the soundtrack for NBAŽ 2K11, the latest installment in the top rated and top selling NBA basketball simulation franchise*. Complementing the appearance of Michael Jordan, the series' greatest cover athlete to date, the soundtrack is the biggest and best in 2K history, offering an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed artists. The soundtrack includes an original, exclusive track from the quadruple platinum-selling artist and 12-time Grammy nominee, Snoop
Dogg, that illustrates his long-standing enthusiasm for the NBA 2K series. Other notable artists include Outkast's Big Boi, Drake, Kid Cudi, Two Door Cinema Club, The Constellations, and The Alan Parsons Project performing the Chicago Bulls' intro song.

Featuring Michael Jordan as this year's cover athlete, and several new gameplay modes and updates, NBA 2K11 continues its trailblazing reputation of weaving both emerging and well-established musical acts into the basketball mix. The soundtrack will sharpen this year's greatest basketball simulation ever with an extensive collection of 29 tracks from artists that tap into the energy, hustle and excitement of the NBAŽ.

"NBA 2K is the basketball game that everyone plays, from NBA athletes to celebrities to music artists. Snoop has been a long time fan of the NBA 2K series and because music is such an integral part to the gameplay experience, it was a perfect fit for this year's title - one of the greatest rappers making an exclusive track for the greatest NBA game," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "With NBA 2K11 we hope to exceed expectations by featuring both an impressive array of established artists like Big Boi, Kid Cudi and Drake who definitely balance the hoop action, alongside emerging talent, such as the winners of our national MC/producer contest."

Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:

1. Snoop Dogg - NBA 2K Theme
2. Big Boi - Shutterbug
3. Drake - Over
4. Cassidy - Game Time
5. Ron Artest - Champion
6. Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price - Better Than You
7. The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
8. Art vs. Science - Hollywood
9. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Rocketship
10. Brunettes - Red Rollerskates
11. Chicharones - Little By Little
12. Children Collide - Skeleton Dance
13. Constellations feat. Asher Roth- We're Here To Save The Day
14. Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - Symphonies (Remix)
15. Delorean - Deli
16. Ev - Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)
17. Failsafe - Hope & Only If We Learn
18. HOGNI - Bow Down
19. Kidz In Space - Downtime
20. Middleman - It's Not Over Yet
21. Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac - Crown Of Thorns
22. The Redland - So Far
23. The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon & Precious Metals
24. Sonny Bones - Rise
25. Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk
26. Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions - Go Hard or Go Home
27. Dux Jones - Pourin' It On

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Joka2122 @ 07/29/10 11:33 AM
Sounds good so far.

# 2 Phreezy P @ 07/29/10 11:40 AM
My jaw just dropped

I might just play the 2k music instead of my own this year.

# 3 masterdre @ 07/29/10 11:45 AM
I'm really diggin' number 14. that's one of the best songs Dan Black ever made.

# 4 ybtherockstar @ 07/29/10 11:45 AM
1st 5 songs

# 5 NBAttacKeR @ 07/29/10 11:47 AM
"5. Ron Artest - Champion"

Uhm since when is Ron Artest a rapper?

EDIT: lol just saw it on youtube

# 6 cbass1 @ 07/29/10 11:49 AM
LAMO at Ron Artest

# 7 jeebs9 @ 07/29/10 11:55 AM
Every year they choose some of the best music to play. Your always like "who is that?" when the list is released. But once the game comes out. Your singing along with it by day 2. This is one section 2k has always had props for.

# 8 VDusen04 @ 07/29/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Like it but really wish they would stop with the unknown indie rock crap. This is a basketball game, not the Vans Warped Tour
I know it's just personal preference but I like when 2K offers the lesser known (but still quality) groups. I've become fans of a lot of people I otherwise would not have ever heard if not for 2K Sports (RJD2, Doom, Ratatat, Little Brother). I don't love it all, but I much prefer experiencing new music rather than dealing with stuff we've all already heard a billion times.

It's nerdy, but I look forward to discovering new acts via video game soundtracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Every year they choose some of the best music to play. Your always like "who is that?" when the list is released. But once the game comes out. Your singing along with it by day 2. This is one section 2k has always had props for.
Agreed.

# 9 hollywood @ 07/29/10 11:57 AM
i like that they got the alan parsons song on there...that completes the MJ experience.

# 10 VDusen04 @ 07/29/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood
i like that they got the alan parsons song on there...that completes the MJ experience.
I'm guessing this means we'll have a rather authentic classic Chicago Bulls pregame intro. . .

# 11 RIZDRAVER @ 07/29/10 11:59 AM
The only song that matters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NusI0IR7Jg

# 12 mvp kobe @ 07/29/10 12:02 PM
this is nice

# 13 jeebs9 @ 07/29/10 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I know it's just personal preference but I like when 2K offers the lesser known (but still quality) groups. I've become fans of a lot of people I otherwise would not have ever heard if not for 2K Sports (RJD2, Doom, Ratatat, Little Brother). I don't love it all, but I much prefer experiencing new music rather than dealing with stuff we've all already heard a billion times.

It's nerdy, but I look forward to discovering new acts via video game soundtracks.
I totally agree with you. I always thought the "poppie" stuff gets boring after a while. But I think 2k purposely goes out and play these songs on repeat in meetings, motion capture sessions, beta testing and etc etc....Just to see what should get the boot off the list....lmao

There are about 5 artist up there. That I've never heard before. And I have to say...I'm pretty excited hear them.

# 14 Rocboyz101 @ 07/29/10 12:08 PM
Well the first 5 songs are cool..lol @ that other stuff. Not for me though.

# 15 VDusen04 @ 07/29/10 12:11 PM
Quote:
I don't mind the lesser known rap music because like you said, I've become fans of Little Brother because of their song earlier. I just don't understand all this annoying indie rock music in a sports game. All the rap songs (that I can find on youtube at least) are great. I even don't mind the Ron Artest one, but I just can't stand the songs like The Brunettes, Big Rock Candy Mountain, Failsafe, Middleman, etc. Those songs are annoying and really bring down a GREAT rap part of the soundtrack (Dan Black's is easily my favorite)
Yeah I have not heard of those bands you mentioned (Brunettes, Big Rock Candy Mountain, Failsafe, Middleman). How it usually works is I'll give the soundtrack a couple of weeks once I have the game in my hands and anything I'm not feeling eventually gets removed from the 2K playlist. It's a small thing, but I'm glad 2K allows us to "uncheck" selections we don't care for (or tire of - like The Game's "Champion" and the Donnie Bravo song from the Draft Combine).

I appreciate 2K's willingness to step away from a full slate of hot rap.

# 16 jeebs9 @ 07/29/10 12:13 PM
Damn...some of you guys need to get your ears checked...Rap isn't the form of music...lol jk

But seriously...Guys open your ears up...Because you will be singing along sooner or later. Unless you chicken out and take them off your playlist. I hope they add the custom music for PS3...That would be amazing!

# 17 Phreezy P @ 07/29/10 12:17 PM
The rakaa song is crazy!!! Search it on youtube.

# 18 VDusen04 @ 07/29/10 12:25 PM
Quote:
All you have to do is go look at Madden's soundtrack. It's only 16 songs, but they are all vital songs in getting an NFL experience and are all well known songs. I can think of a number of rap songs that may not be that well known, or known that should be a part of this game
I see you're a PS3 owner so I can understand where you're coming from (for I do not believe you guys had custom soundtracks last year). I took a look at the Madden soundtrack and noticed it was largely all songs that, as you put it, are vital to getting an NFL experience. They're songs we'd hear on the PA system at every single football game we ever attended.

Personally, and this is where the ability to have custom soundtracks comes in, my brain would fall out of my skull if I heard all those songs (which I've all heard over 200,323 times before already) during the main menus of my video gaming experience. I do believe they fit nicely into the NFL in-game atmosphere but the NBA2K custom in-game arena music allows us to do the same thing but without subjecting ourselves to Crazy Train and Thunderstruck over and over in the menu screens. Here's hoping PS3 is equipped with custom arena music this year so we both win.

The new music 2K provides keeps things fresh for me.

# 19 jmood88 @ 07/29/10 12:25 PM
I can't believe they got Duck Down on there. VC has some real hip hop fans on their staff.

# 20 jeebs9 @ 07/29/10 12:30 PM
Who was the winner of their contest?

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.