Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Just received a patch for NCAA Football 11.

Will update this post when an official fix list has been revealed, but until then, here are a few things that were possibly fixed, based on the NCAA Football 11 blog, a while back.

What are you seeing?

UPDATE: Based off feedback. Patch for NCAA Football 11, seems to have an issue with player attributes not updating, after training. (This could be a 360 only issue, still testing)

UPDATE #2: New tuner update fixes the progression issue on 360.

UPDATE #3: Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Deegeezy @ 08/11/10 08:20 AM
Does anyone think that the system maintenance scheduled at 8:00am eastern according to Russ on the EA boards will fix this?

# 82 ndfan1993 @ 08/11/10 08:20 AM
Really glad to hear this is a 360 issue only.

# 83 NDAlum @ 08/11/10 08:21 AM
#$*^%##*^%$*^$*^

*&^

# 84 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 08:22 AM
Yep. This really blows. C'mon!

Why is it always something else?

At least I have a PS3 for offline dynasty. The ODs may have to be put on hold once this season ends. Fortunately, we are only in the preseason.

# 85 DirtyCobra @ 08/11/10 08:23 AM
So no one has expereinced any problems with the patch on PS3?? I am skeptical about downloading the patch after reading this forum. Hopefully some clarification comes out soon.

# 86 mcpheje @ 08/11/10 08:24 AM
I would guess that once EA confirms this, there'll be a lot of yelling at the EA offices, they'll pull Patch 2, which will allow us to clear cache and re-download Patch 1 and the Tuner set, and then someone's head will be served up for accidently sending the anti-patch to Microsoft.

# 87 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yep. This really blows. C'mon!

Why is it always something else?
No idea. Not sure how training got screwed up when it wasn't one of the things we thought would be altered in the patch.

# 88 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 08:25 AM
Two big positives from the patch:

1. Dirty uniforms - This is key because we know how much it rains in dynasty mode.

2. Line jumping offside/false starting. Yes!! I'm seeing it more than I did previously with same penalty sliders.

# 89 Planetofnoise @ 08/11/10 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
I would guess that once EA confirms this, there'll be a lot of yelling at the EA offices, they'll pull Patch 2, which will allow us to clear cache and re-download Patch 1 and the Tuner set, and then someone's head will be served up for accidently sending the anti-patch to Microsoft.

A little wishful thinking perhaps?

# 90 Planetofnoise @ 08/11/10 08:29 AM
Quote:

1. Dirty uniforms - This is key because we know how much it rains in dynasty mode.

2. Line jumping offside/false starting. Yes!! I'm seeing it more than I did previously with same penalty sliders.

Did you test out the uniforms??? I tried in Notre Dame Stadium with the rain and white jerseys and got nothing so I then tried at pitt and got nothing and then michigan etc etc. Not once did I even see a spot of dirt on a jersey.

# 91 Papi34 @ 08/11/10 08:33 AM
Quote:

Agree 100%. It's a little little thing, but i love the dirty unis.. One of those things like progressive lighting that isn't a game breaker, but really adds to it when it's there. Thing is, as NCAA has it you REALLY notice it missing on Madden.

# 92 poopoop @ 08/11/10 08:34 AM
Can anyone tell me exactly what the problem with kickers/punters was pre-patch?

I simmed a season with the patch , had 40 kickers in the class 35 punters.

Top 3 freshman kickers and one random guy:
3* 80 ovr kpw 81 kac 79
3* 78 ovr kpw 78 kac 78
3* 74 ovr kpw 80 kac 70
67 ovr kpw 63 kac 72

Top 3 punters
4* 84 ovr kpw 84 kac 85
4* 81 ovr kpw 82 kac 80
3* 80 ovr kpw 90 kac 69

I don't know how this compares to pre-patch. I also noticed that some teams would sign multiple freshman kickers or punters but whatever.

# 93 Papi34 @ 08/11/10 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetofnoise
Did you test out the uniforms??? I tried in Notre Dame Stadium with the rain and white jerseys and got nothing so I then tried at pitt and got nothing and then michigan etc etc. Not once did I even see a spot of dirt on a jersey.
I just played and Auburn vs Alabama game in the fog and the unis were noticeably dirty at HT and a lot more so at FT.

# 94 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 08:36 AM
So Patch #2 is out and I STILL CAN'T PLAY DYNASTY MODE! Hope this is fixed soon.

I still haven't seen anyone respond to the comments about the CPU rushing only North/South and always covering the ball.

Also, are scrambling QB's now actually scrambling like they should?

Has the option running game by the CPU been changed?

# 95 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Can anyone tell me exactly what the problem with kickers/punters was pre-patch?

I simmed a season with the patch , had 40 kickers in the class 35 punters.

Top 3 freshman kickers and one random guy:
3* 80 ovr kpw 81 kac 79
3* 78 ovr kpw 78 kac 78
3* 74 ovr kpw 80 kac 70
67 ovr kpw 63 kac 72

Top 3 punters
4* 84 ovr kpw 84 kac 85
4* 81 ovr kpw 82 kac 80
3* 80 ovr kpw 90 kac 69

I don't know how this compares to pre-patch. I also noticed that some teams would sign multiple freshman kickers or punters but whatever.
You're only looking at the top prospects at the position. There are 120 teams who need kickers and punters. Just assume that 30 kickers and punters are being picked up every year and go find the 25th-30th best K/P. Those guys were the problem (50-60 in KAC/KPW).

# 96 Planetofnoise @ 08/11/10 08:43 AM
Cue: Wayne's World dream sound

I am going to go to bed now and pretend that this was all a bad dream and when I wake up I will find a thread saying that patch #2 has been released and I will download it and dynasty will work and I will have dirty uniforms and kicker recruits won't all suck and wrs will have some elu and spm and agi and progression will happen in the off season and the cpu won't run to the middle of the field when they have open space in front of them and I will play this game for hours at a time and be happy.

# 97 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetofnoise
Cue: Wayne's World dream sound

I am going to go to bed now and pretend that this was all a bad dream and when I wake up I will find a thread saying that patch #2 has been released and I will download it and dynasty will work and I will have dirty uniforms and kicker recruits won't all suck and wrs will have some elu and spm and agi and progression will happen in the off season and the cpu won't run to the middle of the field when they have open space in front of them and I will play this game for hours at a time and be happy.
Haha!

Always stay positive, right? ;p

..I'm still really annoyed by this. Damn you, EA!

# 98 Soonerproud6969 @ 08/11/10 08:52 AM
Well heck guess I'm glad I read this before downloading the patch. Well I predict a recall of patch #2 or a patch #3 coming out very soon.

# 99 seawolves9 @ 08/11/10 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerproud6969
Well heck guess I'm glad I read this before downloading the patch. Well I predict a recall of patch #2 or a patch #3 coming out very soon.
If I can recall correctly, I feel like I remember reading something about patches and that Microsoft and maybe even Sony would like to limit games to 2 patches tops for console games, to keep from companies patching a whole laundry list of things wrong with the game that could be miniscule. So a patch 3 is highly unlikely, if that were true. I could be totally wrong on this though.

# 100 NDAlum @ 08/11/10 08:59 AM
I've seen Oregon do two of the "frozen PA" animations in the first half so far...(360)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.