NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 sarlndr @ 08/13/10 11:44 PM
Oh my. That was pure awesome sauce.

# 222 Jessep07 @ 08/14/10 12:07 AM
I'm a football guy, through and through. This legitimately has me excited for October...very impressed

# 223 Ty @ 08/14/10 12:09 AM
This trailer is sick!!

# 224 23 @ 08/14/10 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'm assuming your directing your comments at me because no one else came even close to stating what I said, in any of the recent pages, at least, that you seem to be speaking on and even in that, you are off.

I expressed and understanding that this is just a sizzle trailer and nothing unusual for 2K to do with this franchise but when I say that I want more than just sizzle trailers which is usually all the 2K does with NBA 2K year to year, I get jumped on, eh? The prob with the sizzle trailers is that they don't tell the whole story. The sizzle trailers ALWAYS look great and get you hyped but once I start playing the actual game is issues arise, and it's been like that for a few years with NBA2K. Things just don't get fixed no matter how much icing they put on the cake. I understand that they are trying to make some major improvements to the gameplay so THAT'S what interests ME more than anything, at this point, because we all very well know how much icing 2K love to pile on. I'm more of a cake man, myself, ya dig? Ha.

I can't express that I want to see gameplay improvement vids? Is that not a legit desire? Sorry if I wasn't utterly and completely fawning all over the trailer without a contrary word to what the masses were saying but I did say it was hot and definitely wasn't trying to tear down the goodness in the trailer.

Well the comments yes and no not only yours

but at the same time it makes no sense to come in a sizzle video thread saying I need to see more than a sizzle video.

You know we'll get 5 on 5 later on as always, and I wasnt talking about you fawning over the clips or not, I dont really care.

# 225 TUSS11 @ 08/14/10 02:32 AM
In that clip where Nash leads Robin Lopez to the hoop and Jermaine O'Neal blocks him, I sure hope we're able to choose which hand we finish with. If that was me playing as the Suns and I pushed left on the shot stick, I would be outraged to see Lopez go up with his right just so the block animation could happen. I'm not feeling very optimistic about this. Only time will tell.

# 226 convince @ 08/14/10 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'm assuming your directing your comments at me because no one else came even close to stating what I said, in any of the recent pages, at least, that you seem to be speaking on and even in that, you are off.

I expressed and understanding that this is just a sizzle trailer and nothing unusual for 2K to do with this franchise but when I say that I want more than just sizzle trailers which is usually all the 2K does with NBA 2K year to year, I get jumped on, eh? The prob with the sizzle trailers is that they don't tell the whole story. The sizzle trailers ALWAYS look great and get you hyped but once I start playing the actual game is issues arise, and it's been like that for a few years with NBA2K. Things just don't get fixed no matter how much icing they put on the cake. I understand that they are trying to make some major improvements to the gameplay so THAT'S what interests ME more than anything, at this point, because we all very well know how much icing 2K love to pile on. I'm more of a cake man, myself, ya dig? Ha.

I can't express that I want to see gameplay improvement vids? Is that not a legit desire? Sorry if I wasn't utterly and completely fawning all over the trailer without a contrary word to what the masses were saying but I did say it was hot and definitely wasn't trying to tear down the goodness in the trailer.
Maybe you should be a rent first guy. That should solve your problem.

# 227 bearschicago @ 08/14/10 03:08 AM
I don't know whether this is an early build, latest build or a mix:

-Looks like the AI CPU will finally be able to do those nasty blocks!! 2K10 AI CPU could not do those canimation blocks human users could. Is 2K11 real-time blocks or canimation blocks? Looks like real-time.

-Didn't see any off-ball physical defense(putting a hand on their man).

-Didn't really see the new mid-air collisions at work. For example the Jordan dunk at 49 sec, there should've been a collision between Odom and Jordan.

Such as a slap on the arm/wrist/bump of the hips. I realize this game doesn't have real-time physics but what about the mid-air collisions? Did notice a lot of switching of the hands mid-air though.

-The court spacing/player size(especially big man in 2K10 as they were too bulky) looks improved. Also the distance/length between the 3-point line and halfcourt line is improved. It should've been 5 feet longer in 2K10.

-Didn't like that Jordan dunk from the free throw line at 1:42. MJ never did it in-game, he did it in an All Star dunk contest. This game is supposed to be Sim/authentic right?

-Jumpers look tight and smooth. Also the footplanting/momentum looks good. Didn't notice any sliding issues.

-I like how Jeff Green fell at 1:31 after taking the shot. Looks like if you contest too tight/close, the defender will bump the offensive player or slap him on the wrist/hand causing a foul. Would also be nice if offensive players fell(while taking the shot) when defensive players are running at them full speed causing a mid-air collision.

-Post-moves look to be sped up which is nice. In 2K10 it was slow and thus too easy to block the shot.

-Looks like contesting shots is more realistic. In 2K10 the defenders got too high off the ground contesting shots(without taking into account body momentum/weight/wingspan) and thus too many blocked shots. Slow unrealistic jumpers were also another reason.

# 228 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 03:19 AM
Looks very promising, can't wait to get this game.

# 229 ~: AkaDemiK :~ @ 08/14/10 04:13 AM
i don't even post on here but i had to....

this is ridiculous, anyone who contemplates another game should be slapped by john wall...while he does his dance

# 230 Boilerbuzz @ 08/14/10 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
/beginventing

The ONLY good part was the free throw line dunk and Jordan ball fake, but all of it looked like an Adobe After Effects animation using puppet warp feature.

/endventing
Wow dude. Why don't you just ask Momentous directly? He made the video, right?

# 231 lkasprzak @ 08/14/10 06:35 AM
It looks like textures are in higher res than in 2k10 - or maybe they added some effects.

# 232 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/14/10 08:25 AM
Glad they finally got my Sixers jersey colors right. Too bad thats it. They didnt get some of the little things right with them. Black socks away is incorrect and Iguodala doesnt wear black sleeves and they messed up Jrues accesories too. I nitpick , but besides some of the little details , that trailer was AMAZING. Loved everything I saw. (except my no name sixers not gettin any attention. hell they had willie green in the game instead of Evan Turner) Great trailer though

# 233 Goffs @ 08/14/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Glad they finally got my Sixers jersey colors right. Too bad thats it. They didnt get some of the little things right with them. Black socks away is incorrect and Iguodala doesnt wear black sleeves and they messed up Jrues accesories too. I nitpick , but besides some of the little details , that trailer was AMAZING. Loved everything I saw. (except my no name sixers not gettin any attention. hell they had willie green in the game instead of Evan Turner) Great trailer though
the accessories can be updated through roster updates...just ask 2k insider to get them fixed...he sort of did a good job last year with the accessories...

# 234 kolanji @ 08/14/10 01:23 PM
that video was full to the rim with information...from jordan palming the ball fake to patrick ewing up and under to kobe post up fade away shot and rajon rondo euro steps.........am skipping work come october 5th

# 235 VDusen04 @ 08/14/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
For what it's worth, I read in another thread here that the copy of 2K11 Momentous Celtic worked with for this trailer was an older copy (as one would assume). Beluba, 2K worker, stated many progressions had been made in terms of accessory art since that version. While he only mentioned Jordan (hinting at inclusion of tongue and signature leg band) one could be led to believe more progress may be on the way for other players.

Correct accessories tends to hit me as something that's probably brushed up toward the end of the game creation cycle. Regardless, I always count on having to clean up my Pistons' accessories each year and it's not too big of a deal. If you're an online gamer, I feel where you're coming from. Hopefully the 2K Insider would be able to make the necessary adjustments.

Here's the quote, from the "Tongue Confirmed" thread: "The Tongue, among other things (including MJ's signature calf sleeve), wasn't in the build when Mo cut his video. The art team did a fantastic job with the virtual MJ, you guys will be pleased with the final look come retail."

# 236 DaveDQ @ 08/14/10 02:02 PM
Great looking trailer. Seeing MJ in action looks so nice. It's going to be a ton of fun using him in the game.

# 237 BDM313 @ 08/14/10 02:21 PM
Nice Good To See Big Blocks Are Back.....Cant Really Tell If The Player Models Are Bigger Or Changed Still A Nice Trailer GAMEPLAY VIDEOS PLEASE!!...[ill be fine with just a minute clip]

# 238 rangerrick012 @ 08/14/10 02:48 PM
So pumped for this...don't even want to nitpick...2 months seems so far away...can't wait!

# 239 SacKings1999 @ 08/14/10 03:48 PM
Dang, first off, that was awesome editing / footage / mixing. Great job Momentous! Been watching your vids for years.

It looks a lot like 2k10, but that is a good thing in my opinion, I just want it to FEEL different than 2k10. Can't wait until release date

# 240 bigeastbumrush @ 08/14/10 04:19 PM
Can.Not.Wait.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.