Home
NHL 11 News Post

Quick clip of some more intros featuring some of the classic jerseys in the game including the authentic Hartford Whalers jerseys.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Danknugmelo @ 08/13/10 08:57 PM
I love the Whale! Just surprised they are able to ge the rights to the jersey. and not only that, but if they had to purchase the rights from the city of hartford then i'm doubly surprised they were able to use them as teh hurricanes throwbacks.

too bad the green/blue/silver version didn't make the cut. best jersey ever!

# 2 predator828 @ 08/13/10 09:15 PM
he's the thing though, can we make the quebec nordiques with those jerseys? or the whale? i dont really care if theyre just alt jerseys.

i want to remake the teams.

# 3 Hatmantc @ 08/13/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknugmelo
I love the Whale! Just surprised they are able to ge the rights to the jersey. and not only that, but if they had to purchase the rights from the city of hartford then i'm doubly surprised they were able to use them as teh hurricanes throwbacks.

too bad the green/blue/silver version didn't make the cut. best jersey ever!
@danknugmelo

I was thinking the same thing. I thought the Hartford kept the rights to the Whalers(could be wrong) and thats why the Hurricanes never wore those jerseys.

# 4 Lightbringer719 @ 08/13/10 09:20 PM
Woot! More of the enthusiastic new PA guy. Also, I wish they also had the 90s Winnipeg Jets jerseys for the 'Yotes.

# 5 rockman2k2 @ 08/13/10 09:22 PM
Video looks nice! I really hope to see the Mighty Duck jersey's in this years game.

Everything about this game is looking better and better. Never been this excited for a NHL game before.

# 6 SinisterAlex @ 08/13/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Refresh my memory? Who was Colorado before? I couldn't read the jersey in the video. Thanks........
The Quebec Nordiques. Hopefully I spelt that right...

# 7 Lordofthething @ 08/13/10 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Aahh, thanks! (What the heck is a "Nordique!!??")
Northmen or Northerners

# 8 Danknugmelo @ 08/13/10 09:55 PM
http://whalerwatch.blogspot.com/2009/10/hartford-whaler-jerseys-now-available.html

Guess the rights to the Whalers logo expired and the city of Hartford no longer exclusively owns them. That's too bad. Loved being the only one i knew that owned a Whalers jersey.

# 9 Eski33 @ 08/13/10 10:02 PM
FINALLY!!! The Whalers green jerseys have been on my wish list for years. Also, liking the licensed music...Final Countdown during the Avs trailer....Nice....

# 10 wildthing2022000 @ 08/13/10 10:23 PM
I hope for 12 they make it so the jersey selection reflects the intro e.g., picking the Whalers jersey would change the logo used to the Whalers and possibly change the arena to the Civic Arena. It just looks weird to be using the Hurricanes stuff while in Whalers jerseys. Same thing could be done with old jerseys with using the logo of the era in the intro.

# 11 Winnipeg59 @ 08/13/10 11:20 PM
I would love to MOVE my franchise (any franchise, but Phoenix is fine) to Winnipeg AND use the Jets jerseys as the Winnipeg Jets...maybe 11???
Love the Jets already in 10 by the way, but the team is still stuck in Phoenix

These throwbacks look extremely cool!

# 12 tbone1 @ 08/13/10 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbringer719
Woot! More of the enthusiastic new PA guy. Also, I wish they also had the 90s Winnipeg Jets jerseys for the 'Yotes.
I'm with you on looking forward to having a new P.A announcer.
When I score a big goal I want him to acknowledge it.

# 13 Vikes1 @ 08/14/10 01:16 AM
Man, those great looking throwbacks sure bring back some great memories.

As Predator mentioned...it'd be great if we had the option this year to play as those teams in their proper cites. But either way, the throwbacks look great.

# 14 Lightbringer719 @ 08/14/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1
I'm with you on looking forward to having a new P.A announcer.
When I score a big goal I want him to acknowledge it.
When I'm the home team, and my big star player scores, I want the new PA guy to sound excited about it. "Penguins goal scoooooooooooooooored by number 87......Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidney Croooooooooooooooosby!!!!!!"

# 15 SinisterAlex @ 08/14/10 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
So do we know yet if the splash overlay prior to the teams coming out is in BAGM yet?
The intro sequence with the fancy team intro graphics? If yes, I'm pretty sure it's throughout the game itself.

# 16 Carolus Rex @ 08/14/10 07:37 AM
Love the new announcer!!!

But I do think the intro sequence is to short. It feels like they jus cut halfway when the game begins.

# 17 turpintine419 @ 08/14/10 12:18 PM
Damn' if only we could move the teams.
I really wish the NHL still had a team in Hartford. I live about 25 Min from Hartford and would be to at least 20 games per season if there was still a team there. The Whalers moved to Carolina when I was 10, so I never saw a game there.

Guess I'll have to stick to the AHL Springfield Falcons who play about 8 Minutes away from me.

# 18 yankeesgiants @ 08/14/10 01:44 PM
In honor of the whale being back.

# 19 RedZoneD25 @ 08/14/10 02:08 PM
I'm sure they aren't considered "classic" but it's a first day buy for me if the red/black Sabres jerseys are back in and playable. I'm a Flyers fan, but those PHI/BUF games in the late 90s were AWESOME.

# 20 bighurt27 @ 08/14/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'm sure they aren't considered "classic" but it's a first day buy for me if the red/black Sabres jerseys are back in and playable. I'm a Flyers fan, but those PHI/BUF games in the late 90s were AWESOME.
I have a red/black Hasek jersey from then. Ah the good ol days.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.