Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

What you’ll see is around 10 minutes of gameplay at Miller Park (which has actually been changed since this video was shot.) This is as close to direct-feed that we could get, so the quality is a bit less than perfect. Also, the audio was removed completely as all you could hear was us idiots talking in the background. This is NOT FINAL CODE, and was actually changing throughout the week that we were there. Some things to focus on are the updated player models (no more T-Rex) and the analog controls.

(The team has given permission for me to post this video)

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 221 NorrinRadd12 @ 01/28/11 04:18 PM
Did they do anything to let the user play the games faster? Like accelerated counts?

# 222 nemesis04 @ 01/28/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Did they do anything to let the user play the games faster? Like accelerated counts?
No accelerated counts but fast play is really fast now. You can get a game done within 30 minutes.

# 223 Chef Matt @ 01/28/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No accelerated counts but fast play is really fast now. You can get a game done within 30 minutes.
Say what??!!

# 224 nemesis04 @ 01/28/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Say what??!!
Its great if you need to play catch up with some games.

# 225 Chef Matt @ 01/28/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Its great if you need to play catch up with some games.
Man I've been waiting along time to be able to finish games in around 30 minutes or so. 10 wasn't too bad I could finish some games in around 45 minutes with fast play on but I'd much rather be in the half hour mark.

With shorter game times and in game saves I should actually be able to fit a full season into my schedule.

# 226 NorrinRadd12 @ 01/28/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Damn that's still way too long. That's 81 hours a season not including playoffs. Accelerated counts based on batter and pitcher attributes and some randomness to average it out would have been perfect.

# 227 treyraq @ 01/29/11 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
That is amazing to look at. Looks like a real picture.
That does look great.

How about Fenway? Is the scoreboard still digital with inaccurate/unchanging standings??

# 228 Chef Matt @ 01/29/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan4life85
Lamo at you guys complaining about taking more then 45 mins to play a baseball game .Its freaking BASEBALL!It is suppose to be longer then football .Still can't wait until March 8th week!
I have far too many other things in my life I have to do. Especially during baseball season. I need the games to be 45 min or less or I'd never be able to play it. There are a few times during the summer where I can actually take off fast play and enjoy a game but those are few and far between.

# 229 Skyboxer @ 01/29/11 09:08 PM
Well if I know I can't finish a game I don't play.
Sure it would be cool to have options to speed it up for those wanting a faster game. For me when I play its all about taking everything in and not speed play, so I really don't care about the length. No biggie for me but options are always good.

# 230 Chef Matt @ 01/29/11 09:11 PM
It's why I love in game saves too. The bad part about in game saves though is post game highlights are limited to the second part of the game.

Small price to pay though.

# 231 42 @ 01/29/11 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
How about Fenway? Is the scoreboard still digital with inaccurate/unchanging standings??

# 232 nymets94 @ 01/30/11 11:51 AM
does any1 know if new videos will be posting this week

# 233 NorrinRadd12 @ 01/30/11 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan4life85
Lamo at you guys complaining about taking more then 45 mins to play a baseball game .Its freaking BASEBALL!It is suppose to be longer then football .Still can't wait until March 8th week!
Do you know what "option" means?

# 234 PhantomPain @ 01/30/11 03:46 PM
As for real pictures with the correct hat for each time they change teams, I know it wouldn't work but maybe it can help spark an idea. But if there were head shots of all the players wearing a green cap then they could do like a green screen effect. Then the picture would look like just a head shot without the cap on (no top hair as theoretically the cap is there) and then just have a standard shot of each hat and place the appropriate on one their head.

Again, I know this isn't even remotely close to an option, but maybe this could help give SCEA another idea. Just throwing out ideas.

# 235 woz411 @ 01/30/11 06:20 PM
cant wait for the rest of the videos!

# 236 Perfect Zero @ 01/30/11 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
As for real pictures with the correct hat for each time they change teams, I know it wouldn't work but maybe it can help spark an idea. But if there were head shots of all the players wearing a green cap then they could do like a green screen effect. Then the picture would look like just a head shot without the cap on (no top hair as theoretically the cap is there) and then just have a standard shot of each hat and place the appropriate on one their head.

Again, I know this isn't even remotely close to an option, but maybe this could help give SCEA another idea. Just throwing out ideas.
You would have to get to the individual teams on that one.

# 237 PhillsPhan26 @ 01/30/11 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
I hear ya. It is going to be hard getting through this month for sure but hopefully we will see some sort of content coming soon.

# 238 DiamondbacksLive @ 01/30/11 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Can't wait for the game to come out!

# 239 nymets94 @ 01/31/11 09:52 PM
so pumpeddd!.

# 240 woz411 @ 02/04/11 10:31 AM
hopefully the new vids come soon!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.