Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to some Darren Rovell sources, if the vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden NFL 12. Strong rumblings around the web say, it's a wrap.

Official word comes Wednesday.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NDAlum @ 04/24/11 02:37 PM
Dear EA,

I would uphold my promise to buy the game if Peyton Hillis wins.

Love,
NDAlum

# 2 RebelHog @ 04/24/11 02:46 PM
Heck yeah Woo Pig Sooie!

D-Mac in 2009 for NCAA Football!

Peyton Hillis in 2012 for Madden!

# 3 Kevin26385 @ 04/24/11 03:06 PM
Amazing to see the support behind Hillis. Hopefully he can pull it off!

# 4 splff3000 @ 04/24/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
GOOD !!!!!!!
lol, I'm sure there's a lot of Eagles fans happy about that lol.

# 5 canes21 @ 04/24/11 03:08 PM
Awesome! I don't like Vick at all, and I definitely would hate to see him on the cover.

# 6 DaveFerret @ 04/24/11 03:14 PM
Looking at Vick on the cover would make me puke

# 7 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/24/11 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
Good for Hillis, but I feel bad for him. Unlike all the other cover athletes, he's going to be surrounded by questions; "Did he win just because Cleveland stuffed the ballot? Did he win because EA doctored it to keep Vick from repeating as cover boy? Did he win because supporters of the ones EA would've chosen all stuffed the ballots against to prevent the Curse from striking their team?"
Or..
"Did he win because everyone loves an underdog and Hillis was a freakin beast for most of the year last year?"

# 8 PVarck31 @ 04/24/11 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Or..
"Did he win because everyone loves an underdog and Hillis was a freakin beast for most of the year last year?"
You are correct sir.

# 9 mestevo @ 04/24/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Good for Hillis, but I feel bad for him. Unlike all the other cover athletes, he's going to be surrounded by questions; "Did he win just because Cleveland stuffed the ballot? Did he win because EA doctored it to keep Vick from repeating as cover boy? Did he win because supporters of the ones EA would've chosen all stuffed the ballots against to prevent the Curse from striking their team?"
All questions he won't be asked because they're absurd.

# 10 mvb34 @ 04/24/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Or..
No its problem to see EA was true to it word.. Most people still believe its a fix..

# 11 PVarck31 @ 04/24/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Well If Vick was on the cover I was defiantly going to buy it but I don't know now.
lol are you serious? Would it bother you that much with Hillis being on the cover?

I can't stand Vick, but if the game is good I would still buy it and maybe use a custom cover.

# 12 djordan @ 04/24/11 04:16 PM
No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.

# 13 PVarck31 @ 04/24/11 04:23 PM
Quote:
The reason it would bother me is it will add to the Hillis Hype Machine. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about him.
He's an up an coming player. Had a great year last season. I think you will be hearing a lot more about him.

# 14 countryboy @ 04/24/11 04:25 PM
Quote:
The reason it would bother me is it will add to the Hillis Hype Machine. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about him.
so if he doesn't make the cover of Madden, then everyone is going to stop talking about him?

# 15 PVarck31 @ 04/24/11 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.
So you are convinced the voting is rigged?

I also don't see Vick as being a good marketing choice either.

# 16 lostone @ 04/24/11 04:26 PM
bah, this Vick hate is a bit absurd. Wont buy a game because of cover art... it was take something pretty hateful to make me not buy a game due to the cover art. I didnt buy madden 11 because it was the same mess with different stuff plastered on it.

either way, if Vick is on it or not, if its like playing madden 10 again, then I wont be buying Madden for the 2nd straight year. So tired of the same old mess. Give me realistic setting and arcade setting and be done with it.

# 17 TheDelta @ 04/24/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone
bah, this Vick hate is a bit absurd. Wont buy a game because of cover art... it was take something pretty hateful to make me not buy a game due to the cover art.
I agree not buying a game because of cover art is pretty ridiculous. That said, I could understand someone making a case he won't buy a game that puts a convicted criminal like Vick on the cover simply out of principle. I don't share that opinion, but I can understand it.

That said, I cannot understand how someone could possibly think "I would buy the game with Vick on the cover but with Hillis? Never!"

# 18 CM Hooe @ 04/24/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
And Michael Vick isn't a hype machine unto himself?

# 19 Joborule @ 04/24/11 04:51 PM
If Hills makes the cover it'll pain me for how Broncos just gave him away...

# 20 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 04/24/11 06:01 PM
Quote:
"Did he win just because Cleveland stuffed the ballot?
But Cleveland DID stuff the ballot, lol. That's what makes this outcome so impressive. Cleveland finally managed to organize themselves so well that they're actually about to WIN something. I congratulate them for that, and also EA for not backing out.

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.