Home
Madden 12 News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 MattIntellect @ 04/26/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-SKI
agree to disagree....imo ncaa plays much better
That wasn't my point. NCAA may play differently to you (and others), but it shares the same technology and features regarding this aspect of both games.

# 102 roadman @ 04/26/11 01:56 AM
Quote:
I KNOW THEY ARE IN! who said that madden isn't receiving consecutive hit tackles??? dude i don't know if its late or what but im confused as to what it is you are quoting me on. i said based on the teaser i saw CHT...then i stated that i didn't get too excited cause i didn't see much else and then you directed me to go watch ncaa.....what is going on here???
You said you couldn't see much.

So, that's why I directed to over to the NCAA game play videos because you can see more than the teaser trailer. You said, why this is Madden.

My point was you could see what NCAA has and that is basically what Madden 12 will have. That's when you said just because NCAA has it, doesn't mean Madden will??? That's puzzling to me too because I thought you said you saw CHT in the teaser trailer for Madden.

That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

# 103 SouthernBrick @ 04/26/11 02:28 AM
I can't lie...I'm a little hyped for Madden this year and when I say little I mean if I had to pick 1-10 it'd be a 3(so far) which is a lot more than last year and the year before that which was 0.

# 104 geraldparr @ 04/26/11 03:11 AM
in the presentation video, in the 2nd "E", i noticed the eagles cheerleader had on a cold weather vest...is this new, or was it in last years game ?

# 105 Exonerated @ 04/26/11 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldparr
in the presentation video, in the 2nd "E", i noticed the eagles cheerleader had on a cold weather vest...is this new, or was it in last years game ?
M11 didn't have cheerleaders, let alone weather specific ones at that.

# 106 ThisIsReality @ 04/26/11 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
M11 didn't have cheerleaders, let alone weather specific ones at that.
Ugh, that reminds me of something that is a bit on-topic with this post.

When are they going to fully use the weather channel feature like they do with the NCAA series? Especially with online being the same old sunny game.

# 107 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/26/11 04:48 AM
Glad to see they now have team-specific intros in the game, it was a bit annoying see everyone do the same generic chant last year. And the consecutive hit tackles look great, especially the one on Tebow and the run by Forte. Also, that Vick part has got me excited for what looks like more than a presentation feel. I've never been so excited for a Madden game this early..

# 108 CM Hooe @ 04/26/11 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Yea i noticed a couple things

-Had the real Hawk flying out before the Seahawks
-Vick ran out on the field after talking to coach, showed stats then he lined up
-Cowboys mascot drives out then the Players run behind
-Pats gettin hyped up, then breakin off
-Seems they imroved the cuttin for WR
-Patrick Hillis wit the Beast TD
-Pylon Physics
-Game winning Field goal Celebrations
-Diving Catches are in
-Ronnie Brown gettin wrapped up and swung backwards by a player with more momentum it seems
-Kicker placing the ball on tee
-Cheer leaders wit pom poms
-Gettin hyped in the Tunnels
-Falcons Mascot
Pretty sure that's the Colts' mascot you are seeing, it's definitely not Rowdy (Cowboys' mascot, who is, appropriately, a cowboy).

Hopefully they got into the game the Cowboys doing their ridiculous WWE-style entrance at Cowboys Stadium, lol. We'll see on Thursday I suppose.

# 109 Pacman83 @ 04/26/11 05:01 AM
Looks good so far....just hope the presentation aspects are not broken in other game modes (Franchise)...And maybe even they've added Franchise specific commentary like the 2k NBA/MLB games

# 110 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/26/11 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
...And maybe even they've added Franchise specific commentary like the 2k NBA/MLB games
what do you mean? they had this last year, it wasn't great but it was there.

"bradford has just thrown his 25th touchdown..manning has just eclipsed the 3,000 yard mark for the season" etc?

# 111 dirtysouth1295 @ 04/26/11 05:45 AM
this is great and all but im still gonna wait and see what improvements they made to franchise mode

# 112 Pacman83 @ 04/26/11 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy

"bradford has just thrown his 25th touchdown..manning has just eclipsed the 3,000 yard mark for the season" etc?

Yea, its there....and no, its not great. Both team and player accomplishments/stats need work. Also theres a bug for the generic intro about "I've got my eye on the two Quarterbacks in this one...." in every game. After a season or two, every line becomes the same from the intro onwards, seems like it anyway. All i mean man, is more depth to the commentary...

# 113 CM Hooe @ 04/26/11 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy

It goes beyond that, at least in the case of NBA 2K11.

In NBA 2K11, there's talk about other league standings, out-of-town games, league leaders in statistical categories, playoff races, and so on. It really draws in the player as part of the league.

# 114 jmurphy31 @ 04/26/11 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
It goes beyond that, at least in the case of NBA 2K11.

In NBA 2K11, there's talk about other league standings, out-of-town games, league leaders in statistical categories, playoff races, and so on. It really draws in the player as part of the league.
I agree with this a100%. I know I have said this before but when I play a franchise game I want to feel like its part if a franchise not a play now game. For me that goes beyond just my season stats and division standings.

# 115 RGiles36 @ 04/26/11 08:32 AM
Quote:
The two are not the same game and you can't tell me otherwise. ncaa is a much better title and has outperformed madden the last 2 years hands down.
That's an opinion. But I must say that after M10 dropped and it came time to market NCAA11, the NCAA staff touted themselves as getting back to the fundamentals as M10 was much more well-received.

# 116 mjhyankees @ 04/26/11 08:35 AM
Looks ok to me......in little 1 sec intervals of course. Presentation looks decent. Hope they do something better with the superbowl though.

# 117 mjhyankees @ 04/26/11 08:38 AM
Positive thought for the day: It looks like it won't be any worse than Madden 11 !!!!!! Maybe it'll be better!!

# 118 djordan @ 04/26/11 08:47 AM
I don't understand why they releases this video when the embargo is up Thursday. I was hyped before but now my hype meter went down somewhat since they spoiled some of the actual video we will see Thursday.

# 119 Armor and Sword @ 04/26/11 08:55 AM
Hey I like seeing game previews, reading about new modes, features, upgrades etc etc.

But seriously I don't and never will understand how anyone can come to any conclusion about a new game until you actually play the retail release. Even demos can really short change you and steer you of course.

A perfect example is the NBA 2K11 demo. Bare bones. If I had based my decision on that I would have been "I don't know seems stale" It was so stripped. Of course it is one of the GOAT sports titles ever. Then I played The Show 2011 demo and was blown away. It can be hit or miss with demo's.

Point is I think it is nonsense and borderline trolling forming strong opinions on a BS 30 second teaser clip of the game. Trying to analyze this game is just ridiculous at this point IMO.

I can't repect any posts bashing or even complimenting a game that is over 4 months from retail release. Until you play the official release how do you really know how it feels? How do you know how immersive it really is?

We can talk and speculate about what will be improved, not touched, etc etc. But saying the game is going to be crap or great at this point?

No one knows anything right now. All we know is what we want, hope and pray for.

Ok off my soapbox.

I hope EA just makes such a great improvement this year, that I will feel compelled to purchase Madden 12!!!

# 120 Armor and Sword @ 04/26/11 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Positive thought for the day: It looks like it won't be any worse than Madden 11 !!!!!! Maybe it'll be better!!

If it's better I will be buying. I thought Madden 2011 was the best since 2007.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.