Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

IncGamers have posted their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview.

Quote:
It’s not just the shots and the AI’s ability to mimic the styles of real NBA team’s strategies that’s been taken up a notch though, the court itself has also been expanded. If you’ve been seen an NBA game then you’ll have no doubt noticed that there’s very little free space beyond the outer lines of the court. Whether it’s the commentary table, the two teams’ benches or the first row of the crowd, players now interact with whatever they come across past those white lines.

For example, players will jump onto (or over) the commentary table if they’re going too fast to stop; they fall into the spectators in the front row and their team-mates do their best to keep them upright when they collide with their own bench. While this ‘feature’ doesn’t add anything to the gameplay it does bring things ever closer to the dynamics of the real thing, at least as far as spectating goes.

As far as the gameplay is concerned the changes seem to be less obvious but still fairly impactful. A new collision system makes tussles in mid-air, on the floor and, according to Snyder, “in mid-air to floor” much more noticeable and more meaningful. The effect is similar to that in Fifa 12 in that you don’t quite know what’s going to happen when two players collide.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mreyes930 @ 09/07/11 06:03 AM
Am I the only one who read 1992 Knicks?? This is the second time I hear about a team in the game that was not originally listed ('08 Celtics). I'm growing a little more suspicious about possible DLC. Are the reviewers being misinformed about what teams they're using or are there more teams?

# 2 ocat @ 09/07/11 06:44 AM
Yawn. I could of written a better "hands on" preview. It's getting tiresome reading the same things over and over again

# 3 Gramps91 @ 09/07/11 06:49 AM
This all sounds great, but one little thing that worries me. He said that the shot stick could now be used for everything including dunks and layups. I hope this doesn't mean that they have gotten rid of shooting with square button because I've never been comfortable with shot stick. I try to switch to it but it just doesn't feel right my natural instinct is just to press square when I want to shoot.

# 4 mreyes930 @ 09/07/11 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
This all sounds great, but one little thing that worries me. He said that the shot stick could now be used for everything including dunks and layups. I hope this doesn't mean that they have gotten rid of shooting with square button because I've never been comfortable with shot stick. I try to switch to it but it just doesn't feel right my natural instinct is just to press square when I want to shoot.
The shoot button is still the shoot button. This just means that the shot stick has been given more control.

# 5 bfrombleacher @ 09/07/11 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Yawn. I could of written a better "hands on" preview. It's getting tiresome reading the same things over and over again
Maybe because 2k isn't letting the writers unveil new stuff?

# 6 soohoot59 @ 09/07/11 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrombleacher
I think you are right.

# 7 The Bad Man @ 09/07/11 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
2k wanna keep the suspense.

# 8 VDusen04 @ 09/07/11 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrombleacher
I believe you'd be correct. 2K can't necessarily tell these publications what they have to write about, but I do believe they have the ability to tell them what they can't write about. I'm sure there's some sort of non-disclosure agreement made regarding what features can or cannot be mentioned. I know I've read about previews being on hold until a certain date to appease game developers. Either that, or 2K only provides a limited look at the game as a means to save certain reveals for when they feel it's right (such as the My Player reveals this week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
Am I the only one who read 1992 Knicks?? This is the second time I hear about a team in the game that was not originally listed ('08 Celtics). I'm growing a little more suspicious about possible DLC. Are the reviewers being misinformed about what teams they're using or are there more teams?
I remain a heavy skeptic in that regard. With 34 classic teams from all different years, listing the wrong year seems like a relatively easy typo to make if one is not a die-hard NBA archivist.

# 9 The Bad Man @ 09/07/11 08:17 AM
Quote:
bold: badly wanted

# 10 quadsas @ 09/07/11 08:33 AM
DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry. I'd rather have less teams but no DLC

# 11 STLRams @ 09/07/11 08:36 AM
I would love to play with the 92 or 93 Knicks, they had the best battles of all of the Knicks teams in the 90's against the 90's Bulls.

# 12 The Bad Man @ 09/07/11 08:42 AM
the WORST thing that happened to industry is when someone says DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry.

# 13 Gramps91 @ 09/07/11 10:30 AM
Quote:
The shoot button is still the shoot button. This just means that the shot stick has been given more control.
yea. thats pretty much what I figured. just wanted to state my opinion on that matter. I'm sure this is good news to people who like the shot stick though.

# 14 VladCanada @ 09/07/11 10:35 AM
Any word about bounce passes? I still play nba2k7 and love the game to death. After reading last year that bounce passes weren't the best I decided to skip it. NBA2k12 will be a purchase for me without a doubt and I'm sure a big change as I haven't played any other nba2k game since 2k7. Thanks!

# 15 SuperCelticsfan5 @ 09/07/11 10:37 AM
All I'm hearing about is NBA's Greatest and jumping over the scorers table lol.

# 16 Gramps91 @ 09/07/11 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadsas
DLC is the WORST thing that happened to industry. I'd rather have less teams but no DLC
I agree bro. I'm a tight a$$ when it comes to money. It almost kills me to dish out $60 for this. but I do anyway just like I did with 2K11 because that's how much I have grown to love 2K basketball games. but like I said $60 is a lot of dough to me. If I pay $60 I want the whole game. everything they have to offer. and I should get it for that amount. but most companies a few months later say oh theres 5 new teams(or whatever the DLC is) but you have to shell out an additional $20 to get it. See that ticks me off cause obviously I want the 5 teams but another $20 when I already paid $60. I should just be able to download these teams for free. but I get it you know business is business and most people who are as big of fans as I am of the series would pay the $20 and I'm not blaming them or condemning them or anything. I don't know what I'm trying to say is I'm a tight a$$ and when it comes to games I want to have the whole thing so usually my heart is ripped into when DLC comes out. Not saying to much about 2K though cause THQ is the worlds worst. You have to pay to access certain online features on SVR and then pay for extra legends and then pay for god knows what after that so yeah. sorry just felt like a rant.

# 17 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/07/11 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I agree bro. I'm a tight a$$ when it comes to money. It almost kills me to dish out $60 for this. but I do anyway just like I did with 2K11 because that's how much I have grown to love 2K basketball games. but like I said $60 is a lot of dough to me. If I pay $60 I want the whole game. everything they have to offer. and I should get it for that amount. but most companies a few months later say oh theres 5 new teams(or whatever the DLC is) but you have to shell out an additional $20 to get it. See that ticks me off cause obviously I want the 5 teams but another $20 when I already paid $60. I should just be able to download these teams for free. but I get it you know business is business and most people who are as big of fans as I am of the series would pay the $20 and I'm not blaming them or condemning them or anything. I don't know what I'm trying to say is I'm a tight a$$ and when it comes to games I want to have the whole thing so usually my heart is ripped into when DLC comes out. Not saying to much about 2K though cause THQ is the worlds worst. You have to pay to access certain online features on SVR and then pay for extra legends and then pay for god knows what after that so yeah. sorry just felt like a rant.
It's extra content...

# 18 VDusen04 @ 09/07/11 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
It's extra content...
I've always been at least a little confused about that. For instance, with rally racing game Dirt 3, there's been an abundance of cars and tracks released as DLC. However, all that content was created and ready for the game's initial release. The only reason it wasn't in the game itself was so the company could charge for it later, branding it as extra content.

So is DLC ever something developerss decide to truly add on to a game? Is that possible once it's already been released? Or is all DLC just content that was already on the game disc but withheld so as to charge extra money?

# 19 lsalas76 @ 09/07/11 11:41 AM
Quote:
yeah I read about the 08 Celtics possibly being in the game from that Dime article and someone also made a thread about it on another website's forum.

As far as the 92 Knicks go, I believe the reviewer just made a typo.

# 20 Gramps91 @ 09/07/11 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I've always been at least a little confused about that. For instance, with rally racing game Dirt 3, there's been an abundance of cars and tracks released as DLC. However, all that content was created and ready for the game's initial release. The only reason it wasn't in the game itself was so the company could charge for it later, branding it as extra content.

So is DLC ever something developerss decide to truly add on to a game? Is that possible once it's already been released? Or is all DLC just content that was already on the game disc but withheld so as to charge extra money?
exactly my friend exactly. this is the way i feel

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.