Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 features playbook kicks off on April 25th, with presentation and gameplay improvements.

Madden NFL 13 is all-new from boot up to credits. Every mode, every screen, every pixel has been reinvented delivering the most innovative, connected, and authentic Madden NFL experience in franchise history. Dont miss one feature announcement by following the Madden NFL 13 Feature Playbook, powered by GameStop.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Audio (May 14th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with a new commentary team and the implementation of innovative technology along with unique resources provided by NFL Films.

Gameplay Part 2 (June 4th)

A monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

Madden Ultimate Team (July 9th)

Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.

Madden Social (TBA)

A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends - anytime, anywhere.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Calvin_Johnson81 @ 04/23/12 03:54 PM
I can't wait for 4/25/12 BABY!!!!!

# 42 huskerwr38 @ 04/23/12 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I think it will be Kinect stuff per the virtual vs reality comment. Voice stuff can be multi platform, you can buy a bluetooth mic for PS3 and then they'd just miss out on some of the motions if any.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I think you are wrong, but I hope I'm wrong, lol. People have stated earlier, the kinect is not that popular. Plus the ps3 does not have the kinect. There is just no way they are going to dedicate that much resource into something that like 5% of people have. It just doesn't add up.

# 43 SageInfinite @ 04/23/12 03:59 PM
If this monumental change has anything to do with motion gaming.....then Tiburon lost.....no better yet, we all lost......

# 44 ChaseB @ 04/23/12 04:00 PM
I approve of all these faces Sage.

Anyway I enjoy speculation, keep it going.

# 45 ultralow36 @ 04/23/12 04:02 PM
Wii u new features coming soon...one can hope

# 46 SageInfinite @ 04/23/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

I try to paint a picture whenever possible, lol.

# 47 wallofhate @ 04/23/12 04:09 PM
Well if they dont succeed its there own damn vault

# 48 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/23/12 04:11 PM
I'm tired of seeing Madden getting more features then NCAA. Couple of years ago they said they were going to stop that. But now it looks like they are back to treating NCAA like a step brother of Madden.

But anyway.......if it is Kinect features, meh, I have a kinect but I mainly game late at night. I doubt my wife would like hearing me yelling audibles at 1am.

# 49 bichettehappens @ 04/23/12 04:13 PM
Yeah I imagine "connected careers" to be an iteration of franchise mode, perhaps they simply left out the terms franchise and superstar for the sake of subterfuge and to build intrigue. Honestly, I'd be satisfied enough if they corrected some of the issues with franchise mode from last year that prevented me from playing that mode (uneditable accelerated clock, wonky generated player models, and cut system for instance) and perhaps made a few minor improvements to it. I'm not necessarily clamoring for a huge overhaul personally.

I hope the Gameplay 2 is an expansion on DPP rather than something related to Kinect, as I feel that would be a really polarizing direction for the game to take. Excited to find out though and likely buying on release day either way

# 50 jbd345 @ 04/23/12 04:14 PM
I agree that all of the pictures we have seen are from madden 12. If they are from 13 then it's not much of an overhaul though thenfact they never released a teaser or a suprer bowl blog means to me that they werent finished or close to an alpha stage. I doubt the monumental game change is anything kinect based. Just a thought, wouldn't audio fall under presentation?

# 51 aTTckr @ 04/23/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I don't think the monumental change to gameplay is going to be kinect base. Not very many people have that plus what will ps3 people get? So it won't be that.

I'm hoping it's similar to fifas physics engine or EAs NHL game, however, I'm not going to get too excited. So far anything that this Madden dev has implemented from FIFA has been a huge let down...Im looking at you locomotion feature from M11.
Although a real physics engine would be great I hope they will never take that one from FIFA and NHL. While sometimes the first contact does look good what happens after that looks pretty bad.

Anyways we won't see a real time physics in Madden before next gen and if they go with something they developed themselves the results will be pretty poor. Programming a real physics engine takes a lot of time and I doubt Tiburon will have that time. So I guess they will just have liscense it from NaturalMotion or Havok.

# 52 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/23/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I agree that all of the pictures we have seen are from madden 12. If they are from 13 then it's not much of an overhaul though thenfact they never released a teaser or a suprer bowl blog means to me that they werent finished or close to an alpha stage. I doubt the monumental game change is anything kinect based. Just a thought, wouldn't audio fall under presentation?
Depends on what the audio is used for. If it is purely just the sounds then yeah. But if the audio is used to control game play, it will fall under game play.

# 53 jbd345 @ 04/23/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Depends on what the audio is used for. If it is purely just the sounds then yeah. But if the audio is used to control game play, it will fall under game play.
I'm guessing that would be the kinect feature then. Call out your own plays perhaps?

# 54 SteelerSpartan @ 04/23/12 04:38 PM
Oh god please no emphasis on that Motion Control malarkey.....big waste of time with where that tech is

"blurring the line between virtual and reality."

My top two guesses both have negatives to what it is

*Revamped playoook/Playcalling/Gameplanning
Adding Tiered Plalycalling and a Package Creator that allows you to swap Players IN/Out in the menus before a game would definitely make teams more authentic....and a File sharing System with that would take it to another level for the community

-But Im not sure something like that fits with the tag line....Im not sure that would stand out enough to the average Player for it to live up to that tag line

*Revamped Physics
This is the obvious one.....that would certainly live up to the claim....

-But this is a business....and we're in the last year of this gen....
Why would EA roll this what Im sure was expensive tech out now, when they could put it off until the new consoles arrive???

My Wilcard is

*Revamped Fatigue/Moral/Physicality Factor

Ive always wanted a system that lets your team Break the "Will" of the other team over the course of a game

Whether its through Punishing hits to the Offense that maybe triggers new animations....
WRs who pull up on balls because they are tired of getting clobbered for example

Or on O, being able to suck the life out of a game with a stout running game that picks up 1st down after 1st down

# 55 johnnyg713 @ 04/23/12 04:52 PM
i think "connected careers" may be something like comparing friends stats or something along those lines. For people that love to play franchise offline but like to see how their friends are doing as well in theirs. Always staying "connected". I feel like EA used the term "connected" a lot when they refer to your friends and online.

Also I think the gameplay blog 2 will be DPP 2.0 like many have already said. NCAA cannot have this feature because of the whole "player likeness" thing being a problem in NCAA. However Madden can do these sorts of things.

# 56 at23steelers @ 04/23/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

I enjoy real news more!!

Btw, didn't they say gameflow would revolutionize the way we play games? We all know Kinect and Online Franchise will be new features, just not sure if they are main or minor yet. I really hope these claims are as good as they say they are. Physics would be nice.

# 57 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/12 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think Franchise is a "career mode" though.

Connected Careers (June 4th)

With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.

I think this means that Online Franchise, Offline Franchise and Superstar are now all connected together. I think that's why they are not slated for different playbooks like last year.
Please for the love of God I hope you are right. Because if there is no improvements this year in offline franchise. There will be alot of P.O. hardcore franchise guys out there. Hoping Career mode ain't got to do with only with stats. While stats are important and all. There is other things in franchise mode more important needing to be fixed. Hoping career mode is alot more then just stats.

# 58 Jay Jay @ 04/23/12 04:59 PM
How does EA blurr the lines between virtual and reality? Physics engine, every hit will not look the same.

# 59 jWILL253 @ 04/23/12 04:59 PM
Excitement about Madden 13 in general:

About possibility of a Kinect/Move feature:

EDIT: I just realized how obnoxiously large that kiddie-face pic is...

# 60 Phobia @ 04/23/12 05:00 PM
I would think it would have to be something like "FIFA Physics" making a small integration into gameplay. I mean honestly what else can be considered "monumental"??? O-line vs D-line integration would be fantastic but hardly monumental. Advancements to the DPP like Big suggests does not seem monumental in my eyes. It would just be a tweak and increase to a already working system.

So my guess would be the integration of the FIFA physics engine. I don't believe it would make a full blown integration with tackles and such. But I could see it making a appearance in WR vs DB jostling while running down field & also going up for jump balls "contact in air". This seems to also jive with the new focus on the passing game.

That is my guess at least, anything less would be a let down in my opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.