Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 SnakeEyez @ 05/18/12 10:03 AM
the hype machine can't really hide that this is NCAA12.5

there's almost nothing from that vid that makes it look more fun than '12 was...

# 202 splff3000 @ 05/18/12 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Can anyone give me even one good reason why EA's marketing department put this video out?
LMAO, This is exactly what I was thinking as I was watching the vid lol. The DB's reaction on that TD pass had me going wtf? lol If I'm getting frustrated just LOOKING at the gameplay, what do you think is gonna happen when I start actually playing? lol

Also, what was the deal on that one play where the CB followed the WR across the field like it was man, but everyone was paying zone? That looked like some kinda glitch. NCAA with glitches? I can't believe it. **sarcasm**

# 203 Pared @ 05/18/12 10:21 AM
The people who do the presentation for this game are so disappointing. Every year, the game is lifeless as you watch it.

How about some camera cuts? Better use of the playcalling screen? Good grief... how can they continue to make the game lifeless and stale year after year.

The sad thing is they would be able to liven up the game with just a few presentation touches here and there.

# 204 splff3000 @ 05/18/12 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The people who do the presentation for this game are so disappointing. Every year, the game is lifeless as you watch it.

How about some camera cuts? Better use of the playcalling screen? Good grief... how can they continue to make the game lifeless and stale year after year.

The sad thing is they would be able to liven up the game with just a few presentation touches here and there.
You're right. The game seems to have no emotion whatsoever. It's disappointing because, right now, after looking at that vid, I can't make myself buy this game and I love NCAA. Hopefully when we see some later builds or something, things will be a lot better and I can get back on the NCAA train, but right now,

# 205 Perfect Zero @ 05/18/12 10:38 AM
I'm looking at this and seeing NCAA 11 with a prettier interlude with the ESPN graphics. I've been critical of EA over the past few years, but I really want them to make a great game that makes me want to buy it. I just can't justify putting down $60 on a game that is the same as what I already have.

Stuff like this is burning me out. I used to buy upwards of five to six sports games as little as four years ago. Now-a-days I only purchase the Show, and even that is starting to get stale. Just thinking out loud I guess...

# 206 outkaz79 @ 05/18/12 10:39 AM

Unbelievable

Dead Air is still there
Little Arms Glitch is still there (Look at the TD..that big *** tight end has the arms of a punter)
NCAA 12.5
Beach Ball football still there

Pre-Order canceled on lunch

# 207 Pared @ 05/18/12 10:41 AM
You know how you can EASILY spice up the game? REALLY, REALLY quickly?

Get rid of those stadium fly-bys during the play call screen. In their place, put a replay of the previous play. Have the commentary mention something, ANYTHING about the last play or the upcoming down. Stop going right to the behind the QB cam upon play selection and add in some TV-style cuts to a WR lining, the QB walking to the line, a DB getting in position, a shot of the ball on the ground and the two lines both getting set.

BAM - instant difference. That's a free one for ya EA - I'm not getting paid but damn - do something! The once all-mighty NCAA is now a barren wasteland full of empathy and routine.

Holy...

# 208 UH53 @ 05/18/12 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Nope. '11 had it where guys could really pile on to a ball carrier. Believe it was "pro-tak." It was mysteriously gone from '12 and looks like it's still gone. I really liked its implementation in '11 too.

On a nitpicky note, I thought '11 looked quite a bit better than '12. I think the 3d grass cost the textures in the resolution department.

Here's an idea. Buy NCAA 11 for like $10 used on Amazon for a football fix. Edit the rosters with current players and wait for these idiots to get their act together! NCAA 11 was a beautiful game compared to 10! I was truly under the impression that they turned the corner.... Wrong!!! NCAA 11 is the best looking game that they've put on the market and now they've done a complete 180 backwards! By the way, the stadium sound is a LOT better in NCAA 11 than these current renditions. Especially on the road! Madden 13 here I come!

# 209 mtoo22 @ 05/18/12 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You know how you can EASILY spice up the game? REALLY, REALLY quickly?

Get rid of those stadium fly-bys during the play call screen. In their place, put a replay of the previous play. Have the commentary mention something, ANYTHING about the last play or the upcoming down. Stop going right to the behind the QB cam upon play selection and add in some TV-style cuts to a WR lining, the QB walking to the line, a DB getting in position, a shot of the ball on the ground and the two lines both getting set.

BAM - instant difference. That's a free one for ya EA - I'm not getting paid but damn - do something! The once all-mighty NCAA is now a barren wasteland full of empathy and routine.

Holy...
Thank you sir for mentioning these things. Sometimes I think we as the mass come off as sounding too harsh, but when I look at the NCAA Facebook page, which is full of casual fans, they all scream for this same stuff. We are not in the minority here guys. This game is lifeless. Im reaching back to NCAA 08 for Xbox, it is way more fun and plays like football. I hope this team can pull it together for the next generation. I havent seen a single thing that shows the improvement that they have harped on. The ball trajectory even looked exactly the same as last year. Come on EA. The atmosphere is on life support with the studio updates. They are nice, but all the other things just kill it.

# 210 flustercuck @ 05/18/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCebErgSLiM369
Im 28 yrs old, very mild mannered and ive never met Ben Haumiller, but i want to punch him in the face. College football is my favorite sport and i feel he has single handedly ruined my gaming experience for the last 4-5 years now. Thats how frustrated i am with this crew currently working on the ncaa football series. This video of NCAA 13 looks exactly like 12. The crowd did look a little better but that was it. This is what i noticed...
Really!? Punch Ben in the face? Grow up. It's a frigin video game. Get a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 211 BenGerman @ 05/18/12 11:39 AM
I've watched the video a few times now hoping that I'd catch even the smallest difference in gameplay from '12 to '13, and even as a huge proponent of the series, I think its safe to say that almost absolutely nothing has changed. Incredibly disappointed, especially considering that dynasty didn't get improved almost at all either.

I'm just wondering what exactly EA does with its yearly cycle because it doesn't...

- Fix the gameplay. In fact, they arguably made it worse last year. This year looks exactly the same as last year.
- Fix the presentation. Just in that video I heard the same lines I've been hearing for 10 years. After every play, the players wonder around robotically as if there is no football game going on. Crowd is mediocre.
- Give us equipment. I'm not even one to care about this stuff, but stuff like ankle socks being gone is such a small request, yet they can't find the hour or two to change it? Ridiculous.
- Change dynasty in any meaningful way. Coaching Carousel was a huge step forward, and then EA decided to do absolutely nothing with it this year.

I'd seriously consider arguing that outside of Coaching Carousel, this series has gotten worse. I don't know if the developers just aren't working on the game, or if they just aren't good at working on the game. This is the first time I've ever really come out and had anything negative to say about the series, but its time for a change. I really wish we could get some clarification from EA on what they even tried to do this year, because it looks like nothing changed. I didn't notice any changes to passing trajectory and drop backs looked about the same.

I'm out of my mind with this one, because I look forward to NCAA's release every year. This year, I honestly couldn't care less.

# 212 darren1024 @ 05/18/12 12:00 PM
I seen a few new plays, routes. I also noticed a new formation named "fight song".

# 213 darren1024 @ 05/18/12 12:03 PM
Someone from EA needs to explain why player models havent improved for 2-3 yrs now. Look at Maddens models compared to NCAAs. No comparision.

# 214 rollinphat @ 05/18/12 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
I seen a few new plays, routes. I also noticed a new formation named "fight song".
fight song is not a new formation
it was in USC's playbook last year and probably in others

# 215 da ThRONe @ 05/18/12 12:34 PM
NCAA 12.5 may be a stretch. This looks like NCAA 11.8.

I'm convinced it's too little to late. EA has been going in the wrong direction so long they're miles behind where they should be.

# 216 Pezell04x @ 05/18/12 12:37 PM
So I mentioned commentary earlier. Here's Madden 13, Nantz and Simms in-game. Again, terrible execution by EA.

Clearly EA sucks at commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRalX...4&feature=plcp

# 217 bkrich83 @ 05/18/12 12:50 PM
At this point, I just want NCAA '04 with updated visuals. I would be just fine with that.

# 218 jp7588 @ 05/18/12 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
At this point, I just want NCAA '04 with updated visuals. I would be just fine with that.
Yes, please.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

# 219 coogrfan @ 05/18/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Someone from EA needs to explain why player models havent improved for 2-3 yrs now. Look at Maddens models compared to NCAAs. No comparision.
Short answer - it ain't worth it at this point. New player models would require EA to discard the uni elements (helmets/jerseys/pants/socks/shoes) currently in the game and redo them from scratch. The likely result would be a game with far fewer uni options than NCAA 12.

# 220 Pared @ 05/18/12 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Thank you sir for mentioning these things. Sometimes I think we as the mass come off as sounding too harsh, but when I look at the NCAA Facebook page, which is full of casual fans, they all scream for this same stuff. We are not in the minority here guys. This game is lifeless. Im reaching back to NCAA 08 for Xbox, it is way more fun and plays like football. I hope this team can pull it together for the next generation. I havent seen a single thing that shows the improvement that they have harped on. The ball trajectory even looked exactly the same as last year. Come on EA. The atmosphere is on life support with the studio updates. They are nice, but all the other things just kill it.
The problem with presentation as a whole with EA games is they never flesh it out.

"Guys, we have this cool new studio show this year... (that shows you the same thing every time)"

Variety is the spice of life... why are the stadiums pans during play selection the same as NCAA Football '07???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.