Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 PVarck31 @ 05/18/12 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Why can't anyone ever say this is 12 with 13 graphics or 13 with 12 graphics. Were always guessing. I just have a bad feeling about all of this. I want to be positive but this just has a bad vibe to it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2
what do you mean? This is NCAA 13. No part of it is 12.

# 162 simbayless @ 05/18/12 12:31 AM
After seeing this I'm scared for madden and this gen its over 4 real go hard or go home!

# 163 mtoo22 @ 05/18/12 12:38 AM
Well anyone trying to put a positive spin by saying it doesn't have this or that yet. I don't know. It just smells like that same old song and dance.....my friend...

I don't want it to be that, it just is that every year. I see great ideas that never make it to the actual gameplay that we play come July 10th.

# 164 TarHeelPhenom @ 05/18/12 01:15 AM
It's NCAA Football 12 with a new haircut and outfit. The exact same ole plays we've seen the last decade. Recruiting isn't that much different...just rearranged. Nothing done with CC...just a fresh coat of paint man.

# 165 PowerofRed25 @ 05/18/12 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I think the gameplay was set on Varsity. That would explain a lot of the D lapses on those plays.
I'm not sure I buy that because the run D was incredibly good. And even if that was the case, those weren't lapses, those were glitches along the lines of the DB option defense glitch in NCAA 12.

I mean, I'd be willing to chalk up the D on the first play and the slip screen as lowered awareness due to difficulty level, but the things the defense was doing on the other plays was completely unnatural within the framework of the game.

I mean that auto-motion Drive play was unbelievably glitched out. Where were those cornerbacks going?! The one on the left followed the automotion like he was handcuffed to it and then halfway through realized he was lost and just drifted towards the end zone. The one on the right inexplicably sprinted from his alignment on the numbers to the hashmark, stopped (covering nothing) and when the pass was thrown, sprinted all the way across the field AWAY from the ball.

I've played this series a very long time, on every level of difficulty and I can't stay I've seen defenders react the way they do in that video clip.

I want to be optimistic and say, "yeah, that's just part of the read and react system and those guys are just poorly rated corners and because of that, they are way out of position." But Oregon is a VERY good team with presumably very highly rated players and the defense was out of position by a MILE on every pass play. When I first saw that, my very first thought was "oh no, it's the cornerback option glitch except on pass plays."

# 166 CurryStorm @ 05/18/12 01:22 AM
I really hope this was strictly a gameplay video, meaning they haven't incorporated the new commentary in yet. Because this was from Playbook #1:

"Commentary has been improved with genuine dialogue and unscripted banter between Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler, following a new recording process that blurs the line between virtual football commentary and true broadcast presentation."

I sure didn't hear anything of that nature. I'm like most of y'all, kind of disappointed. Even though they're very simplified, the studio updates are the biggest draw for me thus far. I really wish they would have also included the magazine covers from the PS2 games. If the studio updates are there to make my dynasty feel "alive" DURING the game, the magazine covers made it feel alive between games.

# 167 PVarck31 @ 05/18/12 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'm not sure I buy that because the run D was incredibly good. And even if that was the case, those weren't lapses, those were glitches along the lines of the DB option defense glitch in NCAA 12.

I mean, I'd be willing to chalk up the D on the first play and the slip screen as lowered awareness due to difficulty level, but the things the defense was doing on the other plays was completely unnatural within the framework of the game.

I mean that auto-motion Drive play was unbelievably glitched out. Where were those cornerbacks going?! The one on the left followed the automotion like he was handcuffed to it and then halfway through realized he was lost and just drifted towards the end zone. The one on the right inexplicably sprinted from his alignment on the numbers to the hashmark, stopped (covering nothing) and when the pass was thrown, sprinted all the way across the field AWAY from the ball.

I've played this series a very long time, on every level of difficulty and I can't stay I've seen defenders react the way they do in that video clip.

I want to be optimistic and say, "yeah, that's just part of the read and react system and those guys are just poorly rated corners and because of that, they are way out of position." But Oregon is a VERY good team with presumably very highly rated players and the defense was out of position by a MILE on every pass play. When I first saw that, my very first thought was "oh no, it's the cornerback option glitch except on pass plays."
Seeing as how EA is touting Read and React Defense this year you would think keeping things like this from happening is paramount. And you would especially think they wouldn't show a clip that shows how lost the defenders are.

I really really hope this is adjusted. Seeing the DB's get lost and not playing the ball, and being able to throw on them all day because of that pretty much makes me not want to play the game.

# 168 Broncos86 @ 05/18/12 01:59 AM
After watching this, I'm really on the fence about NCAA 13. Not that I think the game looks bad. The new passing looks good, etc. But I don't know. When I watched the video, there were things in the defense that made me say "...really?" and nothing that really made me say "oh wow!"

Not a bad looking game by any stretch of the mind. But if I'm going to buy a football game this year, I think I might stick with Madden and skip NCAA.

# 169 JerzeyReign @ 05/18/12 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
After watching this, I'm really on the fence about NCAA 13. Not that I think the game looks bad. The new passing looks good, etc. But I don't know. When I watched the video, there were things in the defense that made me say "...really?" and nothing that really made me say "oh wow!"

Not a bad looking game by any stretch of the mind. But if I'm going to buy a football game this year, I think I might stick with Madden and skip NCAA.
I agree 100%. Just to think I just put up an interest thread for my league on another forum -- might have to take that down and change it to a Madden league

# 170 NikeBlitz @ 05/18/12 02:35 AM
Hard to believe i'm looking to a college football game. Grand Slam Tennis 2 has a louder crowd !!!

# 171 PowerofRed25 @ 05/18/12 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Seeing as how EA is touting Read and React Defense this year you would think keeping things like this from happening is paramount. And you would especially think they wouldn't show a clip that shows how lost the defenders are.

I really really hope this is adjusted. Seeing the DB's get lost and not playing the ball, and being able to throw on them all day because of that pretty much makes me not want to play the game.
The one thing I saw that I did like was that defenders in zone (the D was in zone on every pass in the video) were running with WR's crossing through their zone. You could see it a few times on the slot receivers.

Unfortunately, I think this is what is causing the problems on the plays I pointed out. On the TD, the defender out of position looked like he was trying to run with the WR through his zone, but he simply never released him. He should have had a deep third coverage and would have backpedaled straight back, not even playing attention to that WR running what was an underneath.

On the automotion Drive play, I just can't even come up with an explanation. Like, everything about it is wrong. Not only was the left CB running with the WR, he was running well ahead of the WR. And then the right CB, I don't even know. He sprinted from numbers to hash, froze covering nothing and then sprinted away from the ball as it was thrown.

Is this the read and react system we're getting because that was the most buggy, glitch infested set of defensive clips I've ever seen in a football game. Those plays were truly in line with the option glitch from last year, that bad.

It should also be noted on that same play that the RB was assigned to a blue route, a delayed release into the flat. Neither of which he actually did. He released immediately and he hooked. Had he kept running, he would have run to the area the glitched out LCB should have been and it would have been a walk in touchdown.

EDIT: I tried going second by second through that play to see if there is something I missed or maybe the play call really had those guys assigned to a man while there were hook zones in the middle, but nope. That was straight Cover 2 zone and the guys in flat zones glitched out.

# 172 walker131 @ 05/18/12 03:14 AM
they must be using 12's player models/ equipment and things. I thought they got rid of the predator dreads? The new nike cleats will be in the game right?

# 173 WFColonel56 @ 05/18/12 03:22 AM
guys its a gameplay video.

Dnt put too much stock in it EITHER WAY..Download the demo in a month or so and play it

If you like it, buy it

If you dont, dont buy it

# 174 iCebErgSLiM369 @ 05/18/12 03:38 AM
Im 28 yrs old, very mild mannered and ive never met Ben Haumiller, but i want to punch him in the face. College football is my favorite sport and i feel he has single handedly ruined my gaming experience for the last 4-5 years now. Thats how frustrated i am with this crew currently working on the ncaa football series. This video of NCAA 13 looks exactly like 12. The crowd did look a little better but that was it. This is what i noticed....

Crowd is still quiet: USC Oregon is a rivalry game. Once USC got inside the redzone the crowd shouldve been rockin. On that corner route, we should be hearing the anticipation of the home fans waiting for the reciever to come down with the ball.

Passing trajectories: really? Where were they? Everything was a bullet. Lets go back to that TD pass. Matt Barkley wouldve led the reciever, lofting the ball to the corner away from the defender. Last year i could do this by holding the left trigger even though, EA brass claimed this was a placebo. L2 allowed good qbs to "drop it in the bucket" and triggered more aggressive catch animations from wrs. Not to mention, on that TD, the DB didnt even make a play for the ball, even though he was in zone coverage facing toward the QB the whole time. What happened to the read-n-react system? Could he at least make an effort EA? Put his hands up perhaps in a failed attepmt to swat at the ball. Is that asking too much?

Still no double team blocking: im tired of watching the center stand there by his lonesome not even sticking a hand out to aide the left or right guard who is engaged with a defender. What the ****? This is basic football. If your on the oline, i dont care if the defense rushes 3 guys, every lineman should be engaged with a defender at some point on every play. Weve been asking for this for years now.

I like the in game studio updates and i like the changes they said they made to dynasty mode (if they work as intended) but this gameplay is garbage (*sigh* again). Weve been playing the same crap game for 3 years now and i for one am tired of it. I dont produce video games but for someone who grew up with a football in his crib, comes from a football family, and played WR in college i know football when i see it; this isnt it. This is the same recycled BS as last year. Looks like ill be playing Ncaa 07 for another year. At least things make sense in that game. Players dont skate around and DBs react to the ball in the air.

# 175 PowerofRed25 @ 05/18/12 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
guys its a gameplay video.

Dnt put too much stock in it EITHER WAY..Download the demo in a month or so and play it

If you like it, buy it

If you dont, dont buy it
Yes, it is a gameplay video... that shows glitched out gameplay. This was video was so bad I cannot believe it was actually posted by EA, which usually is like the Allied Mail Censors during WWII with the way they cherry pick their video clips.

# 176 WFColonel56 @ 05/18/12 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Yes, it is a gameplay video... that shows glitched out gameplay. This was video was so bad I cannot believe it was actually posted by EA, which usually is like the Allied Mail Censors during WWII with the way they cherry pick their video clips.
But what are you going to do about it?

play the demo and if you like it buy it...If you dont speak with your wallet.

After some time if EA just keeps producing lackluster product after lackluster product (and that time is VERY CLOSE) than EA will have burned too many bridges with their customers and their sales will take a hit and it wont bounce back no matter what.

# 177 PowerofRed25 @ 05/18/12 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
But what are you going to do about it?

play the demo and if you like it buy it...If you dont speak with your wallet.

After some time if EA just keeps producing lackluster product after lackluster product (and that time is VERY CLOSE) than EA will have burned too many bridges with their customers and their sales will take a hit and it wont bounce back no matter what.
How many years are we going to say this? Because I know this community has said this exact same thing for years and guess what, not only have no changes been made but EA's sales have gone up. The fact of the matter is, what this community has to say has very little to do with EA's bottom line.

Every last one of us could boycott and not even touch the game and it would matter so incredibly little to EA that I doubt they'd notice a few thousand copies weren't sold.

So what we CAN do is find the problems and let them know about it. It hasn't done a whole lot of good in the past but some things have been addressed because of feedback from this niche of players.

But there is something seriously wrong when EA posts a video that very clearly has a gameplay glitch in it.

# 178 tanner75 @ 05/18/12 04:53 AM
As the years have progressed, the team has become aware that the commentary engine we were using was handcuffing us from a technological standpoint with regards to accomplishing our commentary goals. The first exciting step we made this year was to move away from our old commentary engine, and move to an engine that was pioneered by our friends up at EAC. The key advantage to the new system is that it allows our commentary to recognize past events via statistical analysis, and then is able to reference them at any time during the game. In previous years, we were working with a very linear system that was limited to addressing only certain plays from the immediate past.. So they are supposed to be using a new commentary engine, no evidence of it in this video, so maybe this is not showing the new commentary?

# 179 HammerOfGod @ 05/18/12 05:09 AM
Got a little itch of anticipation about this game yesterday looking at some of the updates. It was nowhere near enough to consider buying it, but they at least got me to look.

Then they go and release this gameplay vid and I'm reminded of how big a pile of trash this is.

# 180 kingsofthevalley @ 05/18/12 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
As the years have progressed, the team has become aware that the commentary engine we were using was handcuffing us from a technological standpoint with regards to accomplishing our commentary goals. The first exciting step we made this year was to move away from our old commentary engine, and move to an engine that was pioneered by our friends up at EAC. The key advantage to the new system is that it allows our commentary to recognize past events via statistical analysis, and then is able to reference them at any time during the game. In previous years, we were working with a very linear system that was limited to addressing only certain plays from the immediate past.. So they are supposed to be using a new commentary engine, no evidence of it in this video, so maybe this is not showing the new commentary?
I'm going to hold off on judgement as this seems to be a very old build of the game. This quoted paragraph right here lets you know that the commentary in this video is no where near what we're going to get. Just standby.

Steve, why would you post this video brother lol?!! Especially on OS, you HAD to know this **** was going to get railed lol. As soon as I started the video, I said uh oh its a wrap. It does look exactly like 12 man. I hope they're keeping the good **** on ice for now because that really wasn't impressive at all.

Oh, excuse me but I must comment on the players still moving around like mindless androids inbetween plays. I hope they've done something about that. That animation where the players bump into each other and move to the side is not really appealing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.