Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Just in time for the NBA 2K13 demo, which arrives tomorrow. Check out the controls trailer.

Gameplay Producer, Mike Wang (Beluba) has chimed in with the following update (Post #24).

Quote:
just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 videlsports @ 09/24/12 07:10 PM
Ready to play going to sleep now so tomm will come LOL

# 42 shadio5 @ 09/24/12 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
spin dunk cheese will make a return. *sigh* and from the vids I watch i know the spin move will be HEAVY abused.

you better belive it brother...see you on the other side

VC/2k sports fan

# 43 detriotpistonfan @ 09/24/12 07:12 PM
All I know is that they had better fix the lag situation online seeing as to how you have to string buttons together and hold some longer to pull off some of these moves.

# 44 KyotoCarl @ 09/24/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Bounce Pass = LT+A

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Thanks for clearing that up! Yeah was wondering about the bounce pass.

The Euro step with the RS sounds cool. Sounds like it feels like you are really performing a move instead of initiating an animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeDrop
Thanks...are there still size up moves?
You just use the RS before dribbling to do size up moves.

# 45 letsbefrank @ 09/24/12 07:13 PM
I'll watch this video a couple times to get the hang of it.

# 46 redsrule @ 09/24/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Bounce Pass = LT+A

How do they get some of the controls in the video wrong?

# 47 qnzballa5 @ 09/24/12 07:15 PM
Y is spin dunk exploit still in the game

# 48 mymannemcee @ 09/24/12 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
i warned everyone about this. Watch as history never lies........

reguardless, i wont play anyone other than my closest baskeball friends in this game because only WE know how to play this game.
LMAO, really? Some people on here, man. Wow.

# 49 cmebfresh @ 09/24/12 07:15 PM
oooo the spinning cheese is still in

This control trailer didn't help. I have to get my hands on the sticks

# 50 redsrule @ 09/24/12 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
oooo the spinning cheese is still in
So them showing a video of the spin dunk automatically means it's cheese and it is back in? I am confused...

# 51 foo55 @ 09/24/12 07:16 PM
i... im afraid of what these controls are going to do to the game

yikes, whats the use of iso moves when you can spin dunk by holding turbo and hitting a combination of two buttons? there was at least a difference in playing field between people that used and didn't use isomotion, but now the most complicated moves from the last game have been mapped to buttons.

i can't wait to see what online is like

# 52 letsbefrank @ 09/24/12 07:17 PM
@LD2K just said the manual is not up yet.

# 53 the croz 1027 @ 09/24/12 07:18 PM
Guys there was always a controller configuration that had B mapped to spin. How is this any easier than that?

# 54 yungsta404 @ 09/24/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
you better belive it brother...see you on the other side

VC/2k sports fan
noticed how faried was in perfect position to stop that but just got moved out of the way. earlier they were talking about how paint charges actually work this year I would expect griffin to get called for a charge in a situation like that. Guess not Im disappointed.

How can 2k let something like that slip in the trailer or even let something like that long canned animation spin dunk still be in the game without any disruption animation.

# 55 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/12 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
why do they only show the Xbox buttons? some of us play on PS3.

also kind of odd that they just show the shot button for shooting...just ignored the shot stick completely.

spin dunk looks as cheesy and unstoppable as ever.
Substitute A for X, X for Square, Y for Triangle, B for Circle?

Come on man, you knew that.

Also, what good would it do to show Blake Griffin get contacted an fall on his spin dunk attempt? Can we at least play the demo before we yell unstoppable?

# 56 23 @ 09/24/12 07:20 PM
So you dudes want to talk about a spin dunk but dont even want to mention how they cleaned up that step back dribble or how you dont see 2 player animations sucking the guy into the other one and unrealistic bumping happening?

Thats cool

# 57 iLLosophy @ 09/24/12 07:21 PM
So is "Taking Charge" the same as flopping? It looked like Scola got hit by a brisk wind in the building..... (which would be typical for scola)

# 58 redsrule @ 09/24/12 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
So you dudes want to talk about a spin dunk but dont even want to mention how they cleaned up that step back dribble or how you dont see 2 player animations sucking the guy into the other one and unrealistic bumping happening?

Thats cool
People focus on any bad thing to bitch and call it cheese, etc before even playing the game.

# 59 Paul Pierce_OS @ 09/24/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
looking a faried being in excellent defensive position and having no effect on blakes spin dunk says alot. Dont give hte " its on low level or Sliders have been changed" excuse.
Yeah in a trailer for dribble moves their REALLY going to showcase CP3 getting stopped by a defender.

SMFH

# 60 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Thats cool
I don't know man, all the dribble moves done were performed successfully without the player getting stripped....must mean they are all completely unstoppable...

Will probably pass on the demo...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.