Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.04. Check out the details below.

Quote:
All Modes
  • Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
  • Pokecheck less effective in HUT
  • Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
  • Increase penalty calls across the board
  • Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
  • Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
  • Increase likelihood of interference being called
  • Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
  • Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
  • Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 hardrockin006 @ 09/28/12 01:50 PM
Just a heads up from EA_Noun

Quote:
We're going to redeploy Tuner 1.04. If you've already downloaded it you may be prompted to download it again, just do that.

If you haven't downloaded it, I'd say download it again.

# 102 Taku @ 09/28/12 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
have you tried increasing goalies reaction speed?
Well thats not the point, I just want to miss the net more with wrister accuracy 0. I think slapshot accuracy 1 is fine, I sometimes miss the net by 3 feet by slapshot...

# 103 canucksss @ 09/28/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Well thats not the point, I just want to miss the net more with wrister accuracy 0. I think slapshot accuracy 1 is fine, I sometimes miss the net by 3 feet by slapshot...
increase the power of your shot...this do the trick in my game. (more power less accuracy)

# 104 Taku @ 09/28/12 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
increase the power of your shot...this do the trick in my game. (more power less accuracy)
Don't want to do that either, shot power 3 is just a tad too much already and 2 is too weak in my opinion. Don't want to be a whiner but atleast for me most of the shot power slider is useless. Can't believe that anyone uses anything other than 2, 3 or 4 with that slider. It would be nice to be able to fine tune it and not jump from 2(weak) to 4(very hard)...

# 105 meetjsquared @ 09/28/12 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Don't want to do that either, shot power 3 is just a tad too much already and 2 is too weak in my opinion. Don't want to be a whiner but atleast for me most of the shot power slider is useless. Can't believe that anyone uses anything other than 2, 3 or 4 with that slider. It would be nice to be able to fine tune it and not jump from 2(weak) to 4(very hard)...
I play with all power sliders at 3 and all accuracy sliders at 1, and I agree. Slapshots do vary a lot with some missing way wide, but wristers pretty much go to the net every time.

# 106 meetjsquared @ 09/28/12 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Dude, you're spot on. Especially with your first point.
Am I the only one that plays with Goalie Reaction Speed on 6 then? I know there are some crazy saves, but my games would be 10-8 all the time if it were lower than 5.

# 107 Majingir @ 09/28/12 02:19 PM
Like I asked before..is there any difference between 1.04 and latest when choosing sliders from the slider section in the menu? Cause in the menu, you have option to choose either of them.

# 108 Al_Tito13 @ 09/28/12 02:20 PM
No, it's the same tuner.

# 109 Redshirt_EA @ 09/28/12 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Like I asked before..is there any difference between 1.04 and latest when choosing sliders from the slider section in the menu? Cause in the menu, you have option to choose either of them.
"Latest" just means whichever one has the highest version number, so until V1.05 comes out there's no difference. (Ignoring the fact that there is currently confusion about whether people have V1.03 and V1.04!)

# 110 bigwill33 @ 09/28/12 03:37 PM
Got another new tuner just now.

# 111 fistofrage @ 09/28/12 04:25 PM
SO I haven't opened the game up as of yet. Came last week in the mail. Is it safe to open it now? Penalties are fixed?

# 112 meetjsquared @ 09/28/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
SO I haven't opened the game up as of yet. Came last week in the mail. Is it safe to open it now? Penalties are fixed?
Mixed reviews I think, but I guess they're slightly more on the positive side? My small sample of 3 1/2 games showed little to no improvements. I'm gonna start from scratch again later on Superstar this time and hopefully I'll get the results some of the others seem to be getting.

# 113 jsquigg @ 09/28/12 04:54 PM
Lol at people complaining about realistic penalties in 5-6 min period games...

# 114 Splitter77 @ 09/28/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjsquared
Am I the only one that plays with Goalie Reaction Speed on 6 then? I know there are some crazy saves, but my games would be 10-8 all the time if it were lower than 5.
no. mine is maxed too.
i play on superstar and i had to max out the goalies because i was scoring 6 goals a game if i actually really tried to score

# 115 jasonw2 @ 09/28/12 06:06 PM
I'm not seeing any more penalties. just played 7 min periods and got one penalty.

# 116 RandyBass @ 09/28/12 06:16 PM
Played two games last night, pro default, 10 min periods with all three penalty sliders maxed out.

1st game, 4 penalties by me, 4 by the CPU.

2nd game, 3 penalties by me, 2 by the CPU.

This is the first time I've seen more than 4 total with these settings, through about 8-10 games before the 1.04 tuner update.

My main problem right now is that I suuuuuck at the game. LOL. Getting beat like 7-2, 6-1, etc.

# 117 jasonw2 @ 09/28/12 06:29 PM
just played 7 min periods, penalty sliders maxed out, zero penalties. so ive played now 42 minutes in my last two games = 1 penalty.

# 118 WAZ @ 09/28/12 06:30 PM
Any word on if the 1.04 CPU penalty fixes apply to co-op GM Connected games versus the CPU?

They're listed as "offline" but since GM Connected games (versus the CPU, not versus humans) are played against the same AI with the same settings, sliders, and tuner version as the host's current offline settings, I'm reeeealllly hopeful these fixes apply to our co-op GMC games. [Insert fingers-crossed smiley]...

# 119 meetjsquared @ 09/28/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
just played 7 min periods, penalty sliders maxed out, zero penalties. so ive played now 42 minutes in my last two games = 1 penalty.
are you using custom sliders or defaults? (other than the penalty sliders)

# 120 Rules @ 09/28/12 06:55 PM
I started my Be a GM:

10 minute periods
Hardcore
Authentic whistles
All penalty sliders maxed
Custom sliders settings for realism

Preseason:

Rangers (Me): three penalties: slashing, tripping, interference
Flyers (CPU): two penalties: tripping, interference

It is good to see the game is more playable now. I would like to see more various calls as these seem to be the main ones each game. I still think it needs to be tuned further so that we have to scale down the settings instead of having to run at max and still get mediocure results.

Before many call this the cure all fix, I would advise to not go overboard as I still don't believe the penalty sliders work.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.