Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.04. Check out the details below.

Quote:
All Modes
  • Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
  • Pokecheck less effective in HUT
  • Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.
  • Increase penalty calls across the board
  • Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
  • Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
  • Increase likelihood of interference being called
  • Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
  • Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
  • Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Vechi8 @ 09/28/12 06:59 PM
1.04 works well for me if I could finish a whole game. I have locked up twice in a row and have never froze before. Anybody else experiencing freezes?? I'm on ps3

# 122 meetjsquared @ 09/28/12 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
1.04 works well for me if I could finish a whole game. I have locked up twice in a row and have never froze before. Anybody else experiencing freezes?? I'm on ps3
First game I tried on 1.04 froze halfway through the 2nd on 10 min periods, but the next three I played worked fine. This was on BaGM mode.

# 123 Vikes1 @ 09/28/12 07:24 PM
Played just one GM game last night with 1.04.

Doesn't matter now I suppose with 1.04 being pulled...but I had three calls total using 10 minute periods, All-Star normal, penalty sliders maxed.

Saw a weird thing though...twice. Now I was tired, so maybe I was seeing things. I would swear on two occasions I saw one of my AI players "jet-pack", "morph" whatever...about 8 feet. [relatively speaking to scale] I can't say I've ever really seen that before playing NHL for the last several years. And of course not sure if it had anything to do with 1.04. Just looked very strange.

# 124 tvman @ 09/28/12 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Played just one GM game last night with 1.04.

Doesn't matter now I suppose with 1.04 being pulled...but I had three calls total using 10 minute periods, All-Star normal, penalty sliders maxed.

Saw a weird thing though...twice. Now I was tired, so maybe I was seeing things. I would swear on two occasions I saw one of my AI players "jet-pack", "morph" whatever...about 8 feet. [relatively speaking to scale] I can't say I've ever really seen that before playing NHL for the last several years. And of course not sure if it had anything to do with 1.04. Just looked very strange.
Pretty sure 1.04 is back up.

# 125 tvman @ 09/28/12 07:59 PM
No lockups for me with xbox.

# 126 TheRealGooch @ 09/28/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZ
Any word on if the 1.04 CPU penalty fixes apply to co-op GM Connected games versus the CPU?

They're listed as "offline" but since GM Connected games (versus the CPU, not versus humans) are played against the same AI with the same settings, sliders, and tuner version as the host's current offline settings, I'm reeeealllly hopeful these fixes apply to our co-op GMC games. [Insert fingers-crossed smiley]...
I've been using the 1.04 tuner in my GM connected league online with 10 min periods, and I'm seeing 7-8 penalties per game. 1.04 is awesome in my opinion.

# 127 Splitter77 @ 09/28/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
i was frezing up before tuner 1.04 on ps3.

im pretty sure it has something to do with being logged online while youre playing.
try signing off the ea servers before playing and see if that works.
so far its worked for me.

# 128 jasonw2 @ 09/28/12 10:00 PM
after a 2 hr break, fired this back up. Seeing penaltys like crazy now. 8 min periods, pro, everything at default.

# 129 Clipse79 @ 09/29/12 01:11 AM
So I played 4 games with new tuner. Won all of them. It almost seems like everything is in hyper fast mode I might need to tune in a bit. I played three on pro and one on all star. Scoring seems real, penalties better but how the heck do you use stick lift without getting called? Everything is at default. Amazing how assist can be maxed and still get lower than CPU passing which is still stupid fast and never miss. Started a pro default season and will see how it is after ten games. Hitting seems unreal also. Jacking everyone up and my players the same when hit

# 130 bscbears99 @ 09/29/12 02:45 AM
just wondering are you guys seeing the penalties consistently in this tuner? First game in my gm mode had i think 8 or 9 between the teams. just played the second game and there were none on 10 minute periods and penalties maxed. dont mind if its going to be variety of games with a lot of penalties and others with a few. just wondering what others are seeing.......

# 131 bscbears99 @ 09/29/12 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
beginning to change my tune, no PP's in the last 4 games i played
ugh this tuner seems to be a good start....hope it can be more consistent

# 132 canucksss @ 09/29/12 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscbears99
just wondering are you guys seeing the penalties consistently in this tuner? First game in my gm mode had i think 8 or 9 between the teams. just played the second game and there were none on 10 minute periods and penalties maxed. dont mind if its going to be variety of games with a lot of penalties and others with a few. just wondering what others are seeing.......
with my slider adjustments (MK's plus my preference) EXCEPT checking sliders which im using default: so far her's my result:

1 - CPU 4 vs Me 6 (3 by CPU teammates)

2 - CPU 1 vs Me 2

3 - CPU 1 vs ME 3 (1 by CPU teammates)

4 - CPU 9 vs Me 5 (2 by CPU teammates)

5 - CPU 2 vs Me 6 (3 by CPU teammates)

39 Total penalties in 5 games...not bad. Games where 1 pen committed by CPU it was a blowout, CPU winning more than 5 goals! the penalties were called in 1st period. so i guess no point for CPU to commit penalties because they were leading a big margin.

game 4 was playing against rival team in the same division, close fight me winning in OT 4-3. game 5, i was winning 4-0 going to 3rd and final score was -5-3. game 5 i converted the first PP and since i was dominating the game CPU did not commit penalty until 3rd when they were a goal behind.

so i guess the penalties are there and its variety. also depending if you/cpu leading big margin you see less penalties. but in tight games, perhaps vs your rival division, you can see more calls. still need to play more games to know these for certains.

but as of now, im satisfied with Tuner 1.04. by the way, i dont know if this helps: but in my existing BaGM, when Tuner 1.04 came out and after 2 games trial, i put my settings on default then made some necessary changes (except checking slider) PLUS make sure i use 1.04. this was the time i see all these penalties.

# 133 RandyBass @ 09/29/12 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Played two games last night, pro default, 10 min periods with all three penalty sliders maxed out.

1st game, 4 penalties by me, 4 by the CPU.

2nd game, 3 penalties by me, 2 by the CPU.
Got another game in tonight, 4 penalties by me and only 1 by the computer. Thing is 2 of the four by me were basically me being overly aggressive and doing something stupid.

Also, I said it before in one of the other threads, but it really seems like stuff just isn't getting called. In this latest game I got tripped from behind near center ice and went tumbling down, but no call. Seemed pretty blatant too.

# 134 Splitter77 @ 09/29/12 09:37 AM
had a good game last nite. lots of infractions.

8 min periods
all-star
all penalties maxed
game speed 2 clicks
hardcore
fatigue effect maxed
recovery at 2
puck control at 0
pas reception at 0
shot accuracy at 1
pass assist at 3
aggression at max
interceptions one above default

with the 1.04 tuner i beat the leafs with the Bruins 5-1
game was a close 2-1 after 2 periods.

i was 2-5 on the power play and the leafs were 1 for 6
11 power plys total.
mainly interference.
had a 5 min boarding call
high stick
and i forgot the others.

i think i just have to lower game speed and shot accuracy for my wrist shots and itll be perfect for me.

other than the obvious problem that was already posted how its too easy to gain entry into the ozone.

# 135 Clipse79 @ 09/29/12 12:34 PM
I think a lot of people are missing a key fact here. Team being used and team playing. Take a look at the link. If your using or playing a team who is known for going to the box you should see if its opposite then its normal. Take the bottom 3 teamsthey go to the box on average 3 times a game if that. I think this game takes into a lot of consideration of things. Also team strategies. And goalie interferance is non exsitant. They need to fix the net coming loose 5 times a game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/te...minorPenalties

# 136 Armor and Sword @ 09/29/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Sounds like a great tuner. If the penalties are increased, I'll be picking this game up. Keep me posted, guys!
Same here. That is the only thing that has held me back from picking this title up. Realistic penalties is a must.

I just have till wait till the annual Xmas price reduction down to 39.99 and I am getting this puppy. I have played against my brother in-law who has it and we have had a great time. I love the new skating and the physics have come full circle. NHL is a tremendous series. I skipped 12 and kept playing 11 but loved the demo for 1 and the retail is tight. But I play offline 99% of the time and I wanted to make sure this game was tuned right.

Nice job EA Canada.

# 137 Rules @ 09/29/12 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Same here. That is the only thing that has held me back from picking this title up. Realistic penalties is a must.

I just have till wait till the annual Xmas price reduction down to 39.99 and I am getting this puppy. I have played against my brother in-law who has it and we have had a great time. I love the new skating and the physics have come full circle. NHL is a tremendous series. I skipped 12 and kept playing 11 but loved the demo for 1 and the retail is tight. But I play offline 99% of the time and I wanted to make sure this game was tuned right.

Nice job EA Canada.
Well I was one of those who complained and complained because of the lack of penalties. I can say without a doubt you should pick NHL 13 up now as I am really loving the game now.

# 138 pk500 @ 09/29/12 04:00 PM
Old or new, tuner set 1.04 sucks on Pro defaults.

I'm not seeing many penalties on the CPU, and the CPU forechecking and slot defense are way more aggressive than the defense in those zones mustered by your CPU-controlled teammates. So the only way you can compensate is to go head-hunting for big hits, which is probably what EA and its target market want.

Too bad EA's developers don't respect solid, positional hockey.

# 139 Scrif @ 09/29/12 04:33 PM
Did anyone get a tuner update message today? I did and grabbed it but the latest update I have is 1.04, even tho I already had 1.04. I will say it seems the penalties are now way up on the CPU side w/o even touching the sliders.

# 140 mayala03 @ 09/29/12 05:02 PM
I downloaded the tuner but now when I go to play a game in play now I select my teams and when I click on advance to gameplay and it gets to the screen where both logos are shown before the team intros Yotes just freezes anyone else experiencing this? Solutions? Thx

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.