Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation.

Quote:
The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry.

UPDATE:
Quote:
There will be a #NBA2K13 roster update early tomorrow morning.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 MVPdrose1 @ 10/31/12 12:42 AM
D. Rose was not injured on the update but i saw he was moved to the inactive spot. Will they have him injured on the new update so i can finally start my dynasty?!

# 182 Humdinger80 @ 10/31/12 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggm
Nonsense. 2K advertise the official roster updates as being a key feature of the game, so to refer to them as "luxuries" is absurd. At the very least there's a tacit agreement in place indicating that 2K will provide us with roster updates accurately reflecting the 12-13 season.

It's almost like some people think 2K are doing this stuff out of the kindness of their hearts. No, we've paid/are paying for it and thus have every right to expect roster updates be delivered in a timely manner and to an acceptable standard.

And it probably wouldn't even be an issue if we at least knew that a complete roster was being worked on and would eventually be made available. Going on past iterations of the game however, we know this is highly unlikely to be the case and a good portion of players will still be missing come playoff time.
I don't know, I myself am cool with the roster updates and new courts every once and a while. Will I stop playing this game because the rosters aren't 100% accurate? No, will I stop playing if the final rosters come playoff time are incomplete? No.
I don't know, I guess I'm just happy I don't have to pay a fee or "online pass" for any of this **** so I just come with the attitude of, I'll get it when I get it. I just finished a great game (which I lost) before I posted this and had a great time. I don't know how some of you even have fun playing this game with how angry you are about this.......and that.......Damn I guess you all never made a mistake and are well organized and timely in every ******* thing you do. I'm also grateful I have a 2K NBA game that I played $60 to play this year that's also pretty good then not have one at all or even worse, JUST NBA Live13 and ONLY NBA Live13. I'll take gameplay and graphics over updated rosters anyday. But maybe that's just my own crazy logic I guess.

# 183 SuperNova854 @ 10/31/12 02:16 AM
What time will the roster update hit? (PST)

# 184 tetoleetd @ 10/31/12 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPdrose1
D. Rose was not injured on the update but i saw he was moved to the inactive spot. Will they have him injured on the new update so i can finally start my dynasty?!
even if a player is injured on the roster, he wont be injured when you start your association. all injuries are re-set when you start an association.

# 185 SuperNova854 @ 10/31/12 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
even if a player is injured on the roster, he wont be injured when you start your association. all injuries are re-set when you start an association.
Hopefully the NBA Start Today feature fixes this.

# 186 tetoleetd @ 10/31/12 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova854
Hopefully the NBA Start Today feature fixes this.
thats different than association mode. im assuming the NBA start today will have all the up to date injuries.

# 187 okcthunder2010 @ 10/31/12 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Look, no offense fellas but all this "extra stuff" post release costs them money to work on and release so the less of it they do, the less money they have to spend on development of all this post release content.

The higher ups DO NOT want them working on this stuff because they've already made their money on units sold and whatever money they make through virtual currency is icing. All I'm saying is YOU ARE NOT OWED ANY OF THIS POST RELEASE CONTENT. You paid $60 for the game you bought in august THAT'S. IT. Whatever you get from here on out is a LUXURY. So be happy your getting this pathetic crap for free or just trade the game in. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I'm just stating what I think the reality of this situation is and what it ALWAYS will be.
really dude? so they can just up and say "nah we're not gonna do the roster updating even though it's a feature in the game" they've already blocked out the 2k share hex rosters...if any of this POST RELEASE content was a luxury why would people actually be waiting on it? the official 2k roster update isn't a SUPRISE...

# 188 Cedrik @ 10/31/12 04:44 AM
Agreed, its not 1995 anymore. The money that we pay is not just for the disc but also for the updates/support etc. that is in fact advertised when you purchase said disc.

# 189 okcthunder2010 @ 10/31/12 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
Humdinger....you have to consider that the game JUST came out...not even a month old yet. Everything 2k does isn't primarily for the fans...it's smart business that will keep them in business. All the updates/changes/patches 2K makes will only help sales increase this year from people that have not yet purchased the game...people who are waiting for the season to start, which I'm sure there are plenty out there who fit into that category. Also, it will help future sales for this franchise if 2k gains a rep of making things right when they screw up. This way hardcore nba gamers like myself will still continue to pre order their product in knowing that 2k will fix bugs, glitches, etc. with patches (as they have in the past) and make things right that are wrong with the game. Also, the fans like me and other passionate nba fans on the OS board are the ones keeping 2k's lights on by taking the time to offer constructive feedback that helps 2k to continue to improve/elevate their product.

I could say so much more but why bother with the obvious.
great point, if 2k releases a basketball game and doesn't bother patching it, and updating rosters among other things to keep the consumer interested, then what will people think when the next one comes out?

# 190 SOM3ROiD @ 10/31/12 04:54 AM
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

# 191 YoungBuck3 @ 10/31/12 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
thats different than association mode. im assuming the NBA start today will have all the up to date injuries.
I think dude is talking about the "start today" option you can choose when you begin your association mode.

# 192 JasonMartin @ 10/31/12 05:32 AM
Quote:
And again, if you ever have feedback for the #NBA2K13 roster update, please send them to the man himself @NBA2KInsider
Does anyone know when the roster will drop today? I hope I can play some tonight, here in Europe. But I'm guessing it will be dropped as late as possible (20:00 LA time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The overboard idiocy ends now. You have rights to complain to an extent, but the every post after this that is laced with insults and profanity (censored or not) will be banned permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
No.
I don't know, I guess I'm just happy I don't have to pay a fee or "online pass" for any of this **** so I just come with the attitude of,

Damn I guess you all never made a mistake and are well organized and timely in every ******* thing you do.
Ouch, what did you just do twice Humdinger...

# 193 pjt8405 @ 10/31/12 06:10 AM
Still no update and the servers are still down (Spotty as they go in and out) "Sorry but the selected files couldn't be downloaded right now, please try again later"

# 194 XenoZograscope @ 10/31/12 06:32 AM
Rasheed Wallace is in the update...no other changes beside them fixing the Harden trade lol....not surprised at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

# 195 kd35okc @ 10/31/12 06:36 AM
Rasheed wallace is in the game ?!? Are you serious another poor update

# 196 aussieBKR @ 10/31/12 06:36 AM
still no maalik wayns for u sixers fans.............FARQEN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

# 197 XenoZograscope @ 10/31/12 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd35okc
Rasheed wallace is in the game ?!? Are you serious another poor update
Yea adding Rasheed was the only noticeable change they made from the so called " wrong update" from yesterday.

# 198 domidomdomz @ 10/31/12 06:45 AM
Still no Shved, Teletovic, Sacre, DJO, etc?

Damn, 2K.

# 199 Gosens6 @ 10/31/12 06:47 AM
2K thought the firestorm they got yesterday was bad.

When people wake up and see this they're gonna be furious. It's gonna be a circus

# 200 aussieBKR @ 10/31/12 06:51 AM
everybody ive got a huge massive important update via 2k...............rasheed wallace is in the game....i know its amazing...spectacular even......hahahaahah un believable

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.