Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the wrong NBA 2K13 roster file was uploaded to 2K Share late last night, the current file (everyone is complaining about) is an older version. They will post an updated version sometime tonight.

I've asked if that means tonight or early tomorrow morning, just awaiting confirmation.

Quote:
The wrong #NBA2K13 roster update was accidentally posted by dev last night, is an older file. A new one will be posted tonight. Sorry.

UPDATE:
Quote:
There will be a #NBA2K13 roster update early tomorrow morning.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kingofthecouch @ 10/30/12 01:15 PM
2K can you make sure Jae Crowder is in rotation and Dom Jones is inactive and Eddy Curry is on the roster.

This is the Mavs roster.

# 42 Playboy™ @ 10/30/12 01:16 PM
Please Add Rasheed Wallace,Chris Copeland,Pablo Prigioni and James White On The Knicks Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

# 43 domidomdomz @ 10/30/12 01:17 PM
Now let's see what you got, 2K, on this next update. Please add those missing players!!!!

# 44 tetoleetd @ 10/30/12 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
After I said that we should be happy we're getting this pathetic crap for free.....*sigh* And they can't stick with prior release. Which they would'nt because there is no money in it. And also they're under contract to release an annual game. And they never state on the back of the box how often these rosters will update or how thorough they'll be. So like I said your not OWED anything. You already have what you paid for.
you really dont understand do you? part of the game is updated rosters. 2k says it, its a selling point, its part of their marketing plan. updated rosters is part of the game we are paying for. its not "extra" content.

# 45 rspencer86 @ 10/30/12 01:18 PM
Ah, the old "accidentally sent the wrong file" bit.

Used to use that in college. Finishing up my essay right at due date, emailed some random word doc to the professor to buy another 30 minutes or so, then finished the real deal and sent it with a "whoops! Wrong file!" message with it.

# 46 Frizzz24 @ 10/30/12 01:18 PM
Yes 2k...take your time and don't RUSH the roster update. Take your time and do it right.

# 47 Datkiddalex6 @ 10/30/12 01:19 PM
I doubt that really happened. It can't be a old file because James Harden was already on the Rockets in the file i downloaded today. But lets see what they do later on today.

# 48 Frizzz24 @ 10/30/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
After I said that we should be happy we're getting this pathetic crap for free.....*sigh* And they can't stick with prior release. Which they would'nt because there is no money in it. And also they're under contract to release an annual game. And they never state on the back of the box how often these rosters will update or how thorough they'll be. So like I said your not OWED anything. You already have what you paid for.

Humdinger....you have to consider that the game JUST came out...not even a month old yet. Everything 2k does isn't primarily for the fans...it's smart business that will keep them in business. All the updates/changes/patches 2K makes will only help sales increase this year from people that have not yet purchased the game...people who are waiting for the season to start, which I'm sure there are plenty out there who fit into that category. Also, it will help future sales for this franchise if 2k gains a rep of making things right when they screw up. This way hardcore nba gamers like myself will still continue to pre order their product in knowing that 2k will fix bugs, glitches, etc. with patches (as they have in the past) and make things right that are wrong with the game. Also, the fans like me and other passionate nba fans on the OS board are the ones keeping 2k's lights on by taking the time to offer constructive feedback that helps 2k to continue to improve/elevate their product.

I could say so much more but why bother with the obvious.

# 49 keshunleon @ 10/30/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawkerOne
wow people are harsh, humans make mistakes.

Must be your 1st NBA 2K game

2K has been making this same mistake since 2K6; lack luster rosters, never change any accessories, not to mention the Harden trade was done.

Hinrich, D-Wright, Perkins, etc... players with the wrong shoes since 2k11.

Your right humans do make mistakes, 2K shouldn't and can't make mistakes.

# 50 JasonMartin @ 10/30/12 01:31 PM
There are 2 things (well actually more) 2K sucks at:

1. roster updates

2. lying

They did trade harden but not the other players. Sure, we aren't that stupid.

# 51 KidHypeTellem @ 10/30/12 01:32 PM
I wasn't really surprised by this update, and I will download the new one and hopefully it will have at least some of the missing players.

On a side note, as a Heat fan it's cool to see they gave D-Wade generics though I found a way to work around that when creating his shoes, but they just prove that they only focus on big players/big teams/big trades and transaction when doing these updates and what not.

What I'm referring to is they had no problem removing d-wade from jordan to generics, yet Michael Beasley for example is still locked down to adidas.

# 52 JasonMartin @ 10/30/12 01:33 PM
Quote:
Have you lost your mind in the storm?

When I buy NBA 2K13 (SEASON 2012-13) I expect to see all the players that are actually in the league/on the roster and I expect to see the correct courts and such.

You're delusional for even writing your post, saying they don't owe us anything.

# 53 FAM CEO @ 10/30/12 01:37 PM
Does anyone know when online association will be updated?

# 54 ataman5 @ 10/30/12 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
Does anyone know when online association will be updated?
What i would like to know as well!?

# 55 seanbarkley @ 10/30/12 01:39 PM
Quote:
Look, no offense fellas but all this "extra stuff" post release costs them money to work on and release so the less of it they do, the less money they have to spend on development of all this post release content.

The higher ups DO NOT want them working on this stuff because they've already made their money on units sold and whatever money they make through virtual currency is icing. All I'm saying is YOU ARE NOT OWED ANY OF THIS POST RELEASE CONTENT. You paid $60 for the game you bought in august THAT'S. IT. Whatever you get from here on out is a LUXURY. So be happy your getting this pathetic crap for free or just trade the game in. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I'm just stating what I think the reality of this situation is and what it ALWAYS will be.
Since when??EVERY sports game update rosters (and by the way more frenquently than 2K does). Post release service in nowadays sport games is one of the most important points.

# 56 Humdinger80 @ 10/30/12 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
Humdinger....you have to consider that the game JUST came out...not even a month old yet. Everything 2k does isn't primarily for the fans...it's smart business that will keep them in business. All the updates/changes/patches 2K makes will only help sales increase this year from people that have not yet purchased the game...people who are waiting for the season to start, which I'm sure there are plenty out there who fit into that category. Also, it will help future sales for this franchise if 2k gains a rep of making things right when they screw up. This way hardcore nba gamers like myself will still continue to pre order their product in knowing that 2k will fix bugs, glitches, etc. with patches (as they have in the past) and make things right that are wrong with the game. Also, the fans like me and other passionate nba fans on the OS board are the ones keeping 2k's lights on by taking the time to offer constructive feedback that helps 2k to continue to improve/elevate their product.

I could say so much more but why bother with the obvious.
Right, so small gameplay and graphical improvements that come with new bugs and glitches that weren't in the game before, incomplete rosters, crap servers and a bunch of stuff none of their fans asked for or want will keep people from buying this game every year (including myself)................And Yes, they can basically take their money and run with it. It's not like they'll STOP making a pretty good NBA game.

# 57 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 10/30/12 01:40 PM
Are injured players available in Offline mode?

In other words...are their names highlited in Red and have a lower rating?

# 58 tetoleetd @ 10/30/12 01:42 PM
Quote:
Right, so small gameplay and graphical improvements that come with new bugs and glitches that weren't in the game before, incomplete rosters, crap servers and a bunch of stuff none of their fans asked for or want will keep people from buying this game every year (including myself). Oh wait....And Yes, they can basically take their money and run with it. It's not like they'll STOP making a pretty good NBA game.
you're really missing the point. we all know that 2k can take the money and run. but as a consumer, we're not supposed to just let it happen. you act like we have no right to complain or voice our opinion. it's dumbfounding logic you have going on here.

# 59 tyberious4now @ 10/30/12 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon

Must be your 1st NBA 2K game

2K has been making this same mistake since 2K6; lack luster rosters, never change any accessories, not to mention the Harden trade was done.

Hinrich, D-Wright, Perkins, etc... players with the wrong shoes since 2k11.

Your right humans do make mistakes, 2K shouldn't and can't make mistakes.
Sorry to bust your bubble but when was the last time you made a bball game or rosters at all....

Worrying about the wrong shoes is petty IMO..but to each it's own....

Again no matter what you will download the rosters today so be happy and if you don't like their rosters than YOU change them to Your likings problem solved!!

# 60 gator3guy @ 10/30/12 01:44 PM
I hope Maalik Wayns gets added. Philly has no backup PG and I don't want to have to use Evan Turner all the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.