Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted another MLB 13 The Show blog. This one features franchise mode, as the team goes over the revamped scouting, training, player progression and more.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Scott @ 02/11/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie2288
As a new guy who just joined a few months back, I keep seeing OSFM posted. What is it?
OSFM=Operation Sports Full Minors

# 162 Bobhead @ 02/11/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie2288
As a new guy who just joined a few months back, I keep seeing OSFM posted. What is it?
It's a roster made by users here on this site. OSFM stands for Operation Sports Full Minors....

When I say "users on this site" don't think it's just 2 random guys making their first roster ever and posting it to share. Make no mistake about it, these guys work incredibly hard, and it's a highly sophisticated, delegated, and supervised process that involves between like 50 and 100 users. Take a look at the Roster sub-forum and you can see the beginning steps of delegation and assignment unfolding... Well known guys volunteer, and take responsibility for a a specific task, ie: attributes for all the guys on 1 team (usually the team they are a fan of). etc... etc...

The whole process is overseen by a few veterans here as well, including the originator, and the guy who used to do the entire roster himself: Knight165.

All you really need to know is that the roster is free, and will be available for download on the in-game Roster Vault in The Show, at some point during the first month of the season. You should also know that this roster is above and beyond the best damn roster available on the planet, and that it will always be better than the default rosters that come from SCEA (the company that makes the game). SCEA is bound by legal and contractual stuff that, among other things, prevents them from adding rookies, minor leagues, etc... so OSFM is your best bet for making the most of your video game baseball experience in 2013.

And you download it via the roster vault, or directly from here, when that time comes. You can't really miss it, when it's done, it will be everywhere.

# 163 Knight165 @ 02/11/13 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
It's a roster made by users here on this site. OSFM stands for Operation Sports Full Minors....

When I say "users on this site" don't think it's just 2 random guys making their first roster ever and posting it to share. Make no mistake about it, these guys work incredibly hard, and it's a highly sophisticated, delegated, and supervised process that involves between like 50 and 100 users. Take a look at the Roster sub-forum and you can see the beginning steps of delegation and assignment unfolding... Well known guys volunteer, and take responsibility for a a specific task, ie: attributes for all the guys on 1 team (usually the team they are a fan of). etc... etc...

The whole process is overseen by a few veterans here as well, including the originator, and the guy who used to do the entire roster himself: Knight165.

All you really need to know is that the roster is free, and will be available for download on the in-game Roster Vault in The Show, at some point during the first month of the season. You should also know that this roster is above and beyond the best damn roster available on the planet, and that it will always be better than the default rosters that come from SCEA (the company that makes the game). SCEA is bound by legal and contractual stuff that, among other things, prevents them from adding rookies, minor leagues, etc... so OSFM is your best bet for making the most of your video game baseball experience in 2013.

And you download it via the roster vault, or directly from here, when that time comes. You can't really miss it, when it's done, it will be everywhere.
Wow..
Thank you very much.
I know I appreciate this post very much and I'm sure the guys who really make it happen...all of the members of the O.S. community...do as well.

M.K.
Knight165

# 164 Knight165 @ 02/11/13 07:33 PM
Now that the blog is out and I finally have some free time(it's been crazy at work the last few weeks) I'd like to share some thoughts I have from this year's community week.

After doing a lot of simming and checking and simming and trying out new things in franchise mode....I came away very impressed.

First...I love the direction that Aaron and Luis are taking franchise mode both what they have started with this year AND the ideas and future steps(to newly introduced features) for following versions to the mode.

I like the new scouting section. I love that the scouts now have a rating on how quickly and thereby how many..they discover(DISCOVERY rating) new prospects and that the attribute has that effect the most on the area his is best with(the old Western....International....etc) as well as PITCHER/POSITION PLAYER attribute which dictates which players they get a better read on when discovering and then rating.
The EFFICIENCY rating that they have...determines how quickly they will fully scout and discover the players rating potentials(#'s) which will then translate to his potential letter.
This is where the gem/bust area currently lays....in
1. Starting to scout a player and realizing that he is not what was originally thought to be(his initial #'s may look like 80's-90's...but after further scouting they turn out to be much lower(or vice versa)
2. How much faith you have(or time to invest before draft) in your scout and you don't FULLY scout the player thinking you have an idea of how good he is rated.

This is the only part where I wish they would have taken it to the next level and gave the ability for mistake AFTER you fully scouted a player.
Once you have a full bar on scouting....you get his number and that is his likely target number on overall(of course training can effect this...but not really as a bust).
Hopefully we see this next year....where the scout has another attribute which is his SCOUTING ACCURACY(which I would say is directly tied to his discovery and efficiency rating...the higher the accuracy...the lower the other two ...to offset pumping out perfect scouting reports....it would take more time for scouts high in accuracy)...the lower the accuracy....the more vast the scope of his final report could be off...or something along these lines on the scouting side...
OR
the player gets a PROBABILITY rating which would give % chances to players on hitting their scouted reports.

I originally though scouting was a bit too quick....but then realized that it just seems that way because of simming and not playing games......which would definitely make waiting for the full report much more in line with what it should feel like. The only thing is there is no scouting after the draft until the next season(I wish they had this..but I understand why it's not in)

I love the blue chips being available from the get go....
I love the MLB ETA report(DID NOT get to check how accurate it is)

I'm certain we'll see scouting and the draft upgraded even MORE for '14

TRAINING should be a blast this year and will DEFINITELY be something I use for the first time in years.
We all knew training was a crapshoot in the past.
This year it will be MUCH more fun as you can really mold a player into the kind of guy you need for your team by investing time in a particular area.

I love the fact you can individually train players now.
I love that you now can see what training will positively effect on a player ...no guessing.

I do wish for a few things though.
IMO...training should only give big(ger) gains to minor league players. Training at the MLB level should be lesser gains as it's not really a training level. Not that big of a deal
I wish there was a penalty for training a certain area to much(to other areas of a player)
I wish that your coaches/managers/farm director had a bigger impact on training than your players potential.

I think there will be much more added to training as well though!

More thoughts later.

M.K.
Knight165

# 165 Bbush @ 02/12/13 05:22 PM
Is anyone else happy that theyre using number ratings?

# 166 Knight165 @ 02/12/13 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbush
Just you and the other two guys.

M.K.
Knight165

# 167 SoxFan01605 @ 02/12/13 07:17 PM
Quote:

# 168 Sco291 @ 02/12/13 07:19 PM
Quote:
I don't really care either way.

# 169 Eddie2288 @ 02/12/13 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

I know I only quoted Bobhead but I appreciate all of the responses! Can't wait for 3/5!!!

# 170 tnixen @ 02/12/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
YES!!!

# 171 rays1118 @ 02/18/13 05:59 PM
any news on Online Leagues? will it be franchise or single season **** clusters like before -.-

# 172 Knight165 @ 02/18/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rays1118
any news on Online Leagues? will it be franchise or single season **** clusters like before -.-
Seriously?
You ask a question in that manner and expect a response?

M.K.
Knight165

# 173 Knight165 @ 02/19/13 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJ4Life629
I think he was just expressing discontent with the game and not meaning to offend anyone.....
I think I was expressing my discontent for a **** attitude and I don't mean to offend anyone either.

Not the way to go about things.

M.K.
Knight165

# 174 HustlinOwl @ 02/19/13 12:22 PM
Quote:
Lol you're not making the game are you? So no need to be offended. And what he said was valid and true and I think the use of profanity is warranted
dude asking already knows the answer to this as him and Ive discussed it at length in a league we are in.

# 175 Knight165 @ 02/19/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Lol you're not making the game are you? So no need to be offended. And what he said was valid and true and I think the use of profanity is warranted
Considering this is a thread that I started and I'M the one that the questions are directed at and for the most part are answering.....I do take offense.
Not to the CONTENT of the question....but the MANNER of which the question was asked.
No need for it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 176 Knight165 @ 02/19/13 01:29 PM
Just clarification .....i meant franchise mode in general .....i shouldn't have specified this thread ....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.