Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has just posted NCAA Football 14 Playbook #4 on Dynasty Mode. This is part 1 of 3. The other 2 will feature Coach Skills and Power Recruiting.

Quote:
Here’s an example: if you know which players you want and would like to sign them with minimal fuss, you can invest in Insta-Commit. This higher-level skill takes a while to unlock, but it’s a must-have for anyone who spends a substantial amount of time recruiting players. This skill provides a 5% chance of instant commitment when you offer a scholarship, and goes up to 10% and 20% over the next two levels. Insta-Commit allows coaches to spend more resources on those guys who are playing hard-to-get.

Conversely, if you’re more interested in on-field bonuses, you may want to upgrade a skill like Clutch, which helps your team out in close games. This is a high-level skill that isn’t available right away, but it’s worth strong consideration once it unlocks. At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The_Wise_One @ 05/29/13 09:05 PM
It is inexcusable for them to mess up these coach skills. It's the ONLY new concept/feature in dynasty. You know they spent a lot of time on it.

# 62 jello1717 @ 05/29/13 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Actually I take it back. It looks like the max for HC is 54 and coordinators is 27. So you can max out the trees. Hopefully it takes a long, long time to get there.
I imagine that it'll be quick, but I really hope that it takes a long time. I know I'm not in the norm, but I'm in 2023 of my offline dynasty and 2022 of my OD so I hope that you need to get out into the 10+ season range to even get close to maxing them out. However, I know that the vast majority of EA's customer base won't play that long so EA needs to cater to them so it'll be much quicker than that.

At least there's a slider for coach progression (I think with slow, normal, and fast settings) and I hope it works well. With this setting on "slow" I'm hoping that even if I play 15+ seasons I still won't have a maxed out coach, no matter how well I do.

# 63 Strategizer @ 05/29/13 09:19 PM
Glad to see about the coach progression slider. That makes me feel better about maxing out the skills. Because I don't want to max out in 10 years, even with some national championships.

# 64 BA2929 @ 05/29/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I imagine that it'll be quick, but I really hope that it takes a long time. I know I'm not in the norm, but I'm in 2023 of my offline dynasty and 2022 of my OD so I hope that you need to get out into the 10+ season range to even get close to maxing them out. However, I know that the vast majority of EA's customer base won't play that long so EA needs to cater to them so it'll be much quicker than that.

At least there's a slider for coach progression (I think with slow, normal, and fast settings) and I hope it works well. With this setting on "slow" I'm hoping that even if I play 15+ seasons I still won't have a maxed out coach, no matter how well I do.
I have a feeling they'll do what NBA2k did in regards to their MyPlayer mode: It'll take you awhile to get there if you just want to "grind it out", but if you don't want to wait you can just buy XP to use on your coach to get you there faster.

# 65 BallinVol @ 05/29/13 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jayrah

Also, going back to the Playing Time dealbreaker screen; Will PT be influenced by other incoming recruits as well and how much influence will your ovr scouting play into it, if at all? So say you have a Qb who you've scouted and he committed early as a 77. Late in the process you have a gem emerge as an 80. Will he be impacted by the commitment in the Playing Time portion, even though he would likely play first based on your scouting?

Yes, they will be impacted by other incoming recruits dynamically.

This to me is going to be a great addition. It's really going to make you think about who you should recruit. With the playing time pitch being dynamic, you could set yourself up in a situation where you really like two quarterbacks, running backs, etc., but one will eventually decide to go elsewhere due to the dealbreaker. With that said, I know that not everybody's dealbreaker will be playing time. This should still make some interesting things happen in recruiting. With this and the fact that you have to strategically set up visits (ie. not bringing in two qb's on the same visit that will negatively affect your recruiting), this to me is a big addition.

With as much time as they have had to work on this, because clearly this is where their focus was on the improvements to Dynasty, then let's hope to God they get this right. I'm not saying they will, but I am definitely praying they did.

# 66 DerkontheOS @ 05/29/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
It is inexcusable for them to mess up these coach skills. It's the ONLY new concept/feature in dynasty. You know they spent a lot of time on it.
......... Allegedly.

# 67 moneal2001 @ 05/29/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Find me a white player named Antoine or Tyrone and I will. I don't see how it is even remotely close to racist when it's very clear certain cultures use names that others don't. Explain to me how this is taboo to speak about? I'm not saying ANYTHING negative about any race whatsoever. That's like if when people assume I'm Italian because of my last name I called them racist. Ridiculous.
White Antoine
http://au.linkedin.com/in/asabourin

White Tyrone
http://geology.msu.edu/people/rooney.html

gonna drop it now?

# 68 sparkdawg777 @ 05/29/13 09:50 PM
I like the ideas of the new coach skills. However I am not happy that we still can't hire and fire Coordinators. I mean we've had OC's and DC's for what will be the 3rd year. College hoops had this option in a game in 2007, that's 6 years! Lets go Tiburon.

# 69 BallinVol @ 05/29/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001

Maybe we can have a black Cletus to balance things out

# 70 moneal2001 @ 05/29/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Maybe we can have a black Cletus to balance things out
OK black Cletus
https://en-gb.facebook.com/cletus.a.azagba

# 71 BallinVol @ 05/29/13 10:01 PM
Quote:

Ok, Black Jim Bob or Billy Bob?? I had to!

# 72 PVarck31 @ 05/29/13 10:08 PM
Drop the race posts now. Only warning.

# 73 BallinVol @ 05/29/13 10:12 PM
Moving on ...

# 74 killercam @ 05/30/13 12:18 AM
The coaching skills like the "clutch" upgrade sound an awfully alot like one of the worst features to ever be introduced into the NCAA football series.

Anyone remember "momentum"

I remember you had to have two or three slider sets to play one game. One on neutral, one with the other team having momentum, on with you having momentum in order to make the game playable. And from what I remember I didn't play that one too long...which one was that NCAA 06? Was an awful, awful feature that was quickly removed the following year.

I just hope that these coaching skills things aren't done as badly as momentum was. Things sound nice until the game pulls bulls--- and you throw your controller through the TV. Would be nice if when they implement new features you have the option to turn them off. Saves EA from catching flak for something that can ruin a game.

# 75 Captain Fear @ 05/30/13 01:57 AM
This was touched on in the podcast. Shouldn't happen anymore.

# 76 DerkontheOS @ 05/30/13 02:10 AM
Quote:
The most I would ask for is some people around the West coast and Hawaii having Hawaiian names, like CH2k8 did with world recruits. That leads me to a new idea, colleges are starting to recruit in other countries now, Boise State had a couple players from Europe.

Piggy backing off of that, we need some more names to be thrown in with the current crop of names. I'm think more unique.

# 77 DerkontheOS @ 05/30/13 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Drop the race posts now. Only warning.
Oops sorry I didn't see this.

# 78 cream6 @ 05/30/13 10:36 AM
No Spring Game? That's a shame. I would probably still by the game but I hope it's away to turn off the coaches skills stuff or modify it in someway before the dynasty starts. I think coaches should progress naturally. I think keeping the game close in the 4th quarter if you are down 14-0 is a joke. I think the player on the stick that are controlling his players should determine the outcome of the game. In a real live game some teams that are up 14-0 sometimes put the accelerator on and run away with the game in the 4 quarter after struggling the first 3 quarters. Did they even think about that.

I hope the slider guru's come up with a slider to offset this crap because this isn't real football.

# 79 cream6 @ 05/30/13 10:38 AM
* typo: a way- is what I was trying to type.

# 80 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/13 10:47 AM
Have they said what will be in parts 2 and 3? I'm hoping to see presentation and maybe some more info about coach's skills.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.