Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has just posted NCAA Football 14 Playbook #4 on Dynasty Mode. This is part 1 of 3. The other 2 will feature Coach Skills and Power Recruiting.

Quote:
Here’s an example: if you know which players you want and would like to sign them with minimal fuss, you can invest in Insta-Commit. This higher-level skill takes a while to unlock, but it’s a must-have for anyone who spends a substantial amount of time recruiting players. This skill provides a 5% chance of instant commitment when you offer a scholarship, and goes up to 10% and 20% over the next two levels. Insta-Commit allows coaches to spend more resources on those guys who are playing hard-to-get.

Conversely, if you’re more interested in on-field bonuses, you may want to upgrade a skill like Clutch, which helps your team out in close games. This is a high-level skill that isn’t available right away, but it’s worth strong consideration once it unlocks. At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/29/13 01:57 PM
Finally up. Nothing new added that wasn't on the video.

# 2 Pezell04x @ 05/29/13 01:57 PM
Apparently the blog is in 3 parts:

Per NCAA Twitter:

After much anticipation, our NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Blog is now live! (Part 1 of 3): http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...all-14-dynasty … #PlayTrue

# 3 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/29/13 02:03 PM
Didn't see the 3 part thing... Wonder when 2 & 3 will be up and what info they'll bring.

# 4 Strategizer @ 05/29/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Didn't see the 3 part thing... Wonder when 2 & 3 will be up and what info they'll bring.
The first blog says there will be separate entries for more in-depth discussion on recruiting and coach skills.

# 5 Soonerfan14 @ 05/29/13 02:07 PM
Yep still looks like a really fun game to me, plus I love running my OD! So here's to that!

# 6 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/29/13 02:13 PM
The line that interested me the most: "This is just a small glimpse of what you can expect in NCAA Football Dynasty Mode,"

Hopefully parts 2 and 3 talk about changes/upgrades to custom conferences, TB, etc.

Edit: NVM, ignore my last sentence. I guess they will use the next two parts to dive in further to the two upgrades they added.

# 7 gatorman1050 @ 05/29/13 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
The line that interested me the most: "This is just a small glimpse of what you can expect in NCAA Football Dynasty Mode,"

Hopefully parts 2 and 3 talk about changes/upgrades to custom conferences, TB, etc.
Hmmm... more than meets the eye I think. I am interested to see what develops...

# 8 TarHeelPhenom @ 05/29/13 02:22 PM
Somewhere I have to believe the EA Reps are in their offices looking at Operation Sports and laughing while saying "Gotcha...Again"!!!!!!!!

# 9 Aggies7 @ 05/29/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Apparently the blog is in 3 parts:

Per NCAA Twitter:

After much anticipation, our NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Blog is now live! (Part 1 of 3): http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...all-14-dynasty … #PlayTrue
Looks like 2 and 3 might just be expanding on what's already been revealed but I'm excited to here more. Would like to see a few new surprises thrown in there, but excited either way.

# 10 jpdavis82 @ 05/29/13 02:34 PM
At least they touched on Presentation a little, hopefully they will hit on that more in the next two blogs.

# 11 jello1717 @ 05/29/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Conversely, if you’re more interested in on-field bonuses, you may want to upgrade a skill like Clutch, which helps your team out in close games. This is a high-level skill that isn’t available right away, but it’s worth strong consideration once it unlocks. At its first level, Clutch will let your team start off the fourth quarter HOT if the score is within 14 points. At the next level your team stays HOT throughout the entire quarter, and when maxed out your players get VERY HOT in the final two minutes (and overtime) if the score differential is within a touchdown. The HOT and VERY HOT descriptors are dynamic ratings adjustments, so you’ll see your team perform well above their normal skills as long as they’re in those states.
Hoe

Lee

CRAP!!!

# 12 iCebErgSLiM369 @ 05/29/13 03:02 PM
Powerups? Uh oh. I really really really hope these coaching skills are implemented properly. For now I'm a little concerned... Any word on player progression? In season or off season? For the last couple years players progressed at the same rate whether they had playing time or not. The new screens are beautiful tho and seems like they provide you with a lot more info on current and past seasons. Just worried about the nba jam style fourth quater "he's he's heating up". Sounds extremely gimmicky. Hopefully the cpu has the same advantage against a user opponent.

# 13 jpdavis82 @ 05/29/13 03:08 PM
I've noticed this weird thing with NCAA and Madden news this year, sometimes they have pictures that you can see that aren't in their blogs, like this one. You just go to the link for the pic and at the end of it you will see a number, sometimes they have pics that aren't in the blog that are a part of the picture gallery.

# 14 Robcards @ 05/29/13 03:27 PM
Love the realism with white recruits named Tyrone and Antoine.

# 15 BA2929 @ 05/29/13 03:29 PM
Alright, I hate to say it but given the issues of glitches in recent iterations of NCAA football, I feel it's warranted.........

Which one of these coaching skills things is going to be glitched?

# 16 Robcards @ 05/29/13 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm surprised they aren't making you pay extra for the dynasty coaching accelerators lol.
I'm sure there will be an option to buy these. Does it say somewhere that there for sure isnt?

# 17 Colt45 @ 05/29/13 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Love the realism with white recruits named Tyrone and Antoine.

# 18 Robcards @ 05/29/13 03:55 PM
No. No it's not. They are names that are used by one culture and not another. It's absurd that a simple if statement can't be coded in to pick a set of names depending on the appearance of the player. Sorry but I don't want to be recruiting from the Star Trek universe, I want to recruit from earth 2013.

# 19 DorianDonP @ 05/29/13 04:10 PM
Small detail that is pretty big for me as soon as I click on the blog.

THANK YOU for including previous records. I'm the type that will write down my record every year in a notepad to help keep the immersive alive. I hate being 5 years into a dynasty and I can't remember what my previous records were, or my rivals records, or who won what bowl games. If they actually implement those records into dynasty in stat overlays during games, it would really help.

*goes to finish reading*

# 20 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/29/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
No. No it's not. They are names that are used by one culture and not another. It's absurd that a simple if statement can't be coded in to pick a set of names depending on the appearance of the player. Sorry but I don't want to be recruiting from the Star Trek universe, I want to recruit from earth 2013.
There are no "Names" that are set for a certain race bud, let this die before you dig into a really bad hole.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.