Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released their Next-Gen NBA 2K14 trailer during the Sony E3 2013 Press Conference this evening.

The 'NBA 2K14 – Next Gen Reveal' segment featured NBA 2K14 cover athlete LeBron James discussing life as "Video Game James" with a digital version of himself, while showing off some of his on the court moves in NBA 2K14. All of the footage was NOT pre-rendered and shown from a pre-alpha PS4 build.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jim duncan @ 06/10/13 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida

Which looks the best?
Im glad the jerseys actually fit now

# 102 ForeverVersatile @ 06/10/13 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos94
White socks on the road? SMH!
I used to not care about little things like socks and gear colors, but now it's like just get the crap right for a change.

# 103 jersez @ 06/10/13 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Yeah 2K13 definitely was a step back graphically, but the gameplay kind of made up for it in ways. They kind of had to give and take due to the limits of what the current consoles were capable of. But if the game looks anywhere near as good as this, were in for a good year of video game Basketball.
I know man, I personally love 2k13 but not now, it's like a really hot chick giving you her number and you come home to honey boo boo mom. lol

# 104 MarvinOida @ 06/10/13 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Another thing, the player's bodies look so much better, they aren't bulky and the jersey's are formatted right, the skin tones are spot on. I'm just afraid that they might try to make the game look better and end up messing up. Like a artist that keeps on erasing and he eventually ruins the picture because of it.
Yeah, Im worried about that too. But I dont think they'll screw it up. Especially with ld2k looking, leftos, and a couple more devs looking. They have to know what we know. (Or we would never be on the credits every year.)

# 105 Melbournelad @ 06/10/13 11:46 PM
I am lost for words... That looked absolutely fantastic! That pic of Ray Allen and Kobe someone posted a few pages back, I literally thought that was a pic of real life Ray Allen before I zoomed in completely.

I just hope now that they haven't spent so much time on the graphics that they forgot the rest of the game, most importantly gameplay. And please 2k, do not forget to revamp association this year.

# 106 Ajknowsit @ 06/10/13 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I hope to never go sane if you think everyone else is crazy.
LOl, that fluff got you exited, live showed more and looked better, imo. But people trashed one and went all gaga for the other, it's crazy. Anyone put up side by side pic's or video showing 2k just blew live out of the water.

And again I could care less who makes the best game, but the bias makes my head spin. I hope 2k on next gen blows me away, but that video showed nothing, but what ever you guy's carry on.

# 107 jersez @ 06/10/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Yeah, Im worried about that too. But I dont think they'll screw it up. Especially with ld2k looking, leftos, and a couple more devs looking. They have to know what we know. (Or we would never be on the credits every year.)
Yes, me personally I felt like they've answered a lot of my feedback about the game graphically. Not only that but no one is really talking about the dunks and the animations lol, everything looks so much better.

# 108 DR Russell @ 06/10/13 11:48 PM
I was skeptical about getting a Next Gen console on Day 1... This video just sealed the deal. OK 2k and Sony, you win, my credit card number is...

# 109 xxxAir23xxx @ 06/10/13 11:49 PM
Man, I can't believe this. I never thought I'd see graphics like this anytime soon in sports games. Obvious day 1 purchase, but wow....I'm blown away. Also, remember how much better 2K has gotten graphically since it was first released on 360?
NBA 2k6

nba 2k13

Imagine if next-gen matches the graphical progression this current had with sports gaming. Madden & FIFA impressed me as well today, but this 2k just looks like it's on another level. The future looks VERY bright for us sports gamers.

# 110 Melbournelad @ 06/10/13 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
LOl, that fluff got you exited, live showed more and looked better, imo. But people trashed one and went all gaga for the other, it's crazy. Anyone put up side by side pic's or video showing 2k just blew live out of the water.

And again I could care less who makes the best game, but the bias makes my head spin. I hope 2k on next gen blows me away, but that video showed nothing, but what ever you guy's carry on.
Hey troll, live showed PRE RENDERED FOOTAGE. In other words they didn't show anything that was actual gameplay. You get that right?

# 111 AmaresKnees @ 06/10/13 11:49 PM
Quote:

You must work for EA if you think Live's trailer was better.

# 112 ForeverVersatile @ 06/10/13 11:49 PM
It's crazy how Kobe's eye shifted to Lebron after the steal..just looked a little too real.lol

# 113 jersez @ 06/10/13 11:50 PM
Quote:

It's always one......

# 114 balljonesjr @ 06/10/13 11:50 PM
Reservations for 1! This is gonna be a sick game ... Can't wait!

# 115 MarvinOida @ 06/10/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
It's always one......
Here bro, I got this. Just for those who wonder all the variables. Hes it goes (hopefully my OS friends can understand.)

btw, probably what Live 14 would look like + maybe something better. Maybe.

# 116 ForeverVersatile @ 06/10/13 11:53 PM
Quote:

Bro i give them credit for finally having better animations for dribbling, but other than than it looked just ok. The player models still look like junk other than the face. 2K's virtual Lebron still looks more life like and believable.

# 117 BV11 @ 06/10/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxAir23xxx
Man, I can't believe this. I never thought I'd see graphics like this anytime soon in sports games. Obvious day 1 purchase, but wow....I'm blown away. Also, remember how much better 2K has gotten graphically since it was first released on 360?
NBA 2k6

nba 2k13

Imagine if next-gen matches the graphical progression this current had with sports gaming. Madden & FIFA impressed me as well today, but this 2k just looks like it's on another level. The future looks VERY bright for us sports gamers.
First Image is Ps2. This is 2k6 360

# 118 GoldenSurferX @ 06/10/13 11:54 PM
It never fails there's always one clown in the crowd every year. He will probably get banned soon anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2.

# 119 crazybandit2000 @ 06/10/13 11:55 PM
Wow I'm buying next gen day one

# 120 AmaresKnees @ 06/10/13 11:57 PM
Fall can't come soon enough. GTA V, next gen consoles and 2K14.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.