Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has revealed a new blocking system in NBA 2K14, which will also include the ability to block dunks.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LD2k @ 08/06/13 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsBalla 9
Blocked dunks rarely happen in the NBA maybe once or twice a game at the most. So hopefully this new feature isn't overpowered because if so it will be even more Dwight users online camping in the lane....
Balancing was a major focus. Someone want to camp - go ahead and pump fake or ball fake a pass out and make them react. They will pay for their mistakes just like players do in the real NBA.

# 22 juicey79 @ 08/06/13 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Good observation.

Thanks, I'm getting 2k on 360 and PS4.
do you know if any info about next gen will be released soon?

# 23 cthurt @ 08/06/13 02:48 PM
The new blocking feature is cool my only problem is that horrible color blue is back in the game for the warriors jerseys.

# 24 Goffs @ 08/06/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
This was asked by one of the community members - can you recreate this block... The answer was yes.

I should also note this is a brand new system implemented this year. Not just more blocking - but a brand new system in which you can block different shots at different points of the offensive players' dunks/shots. It's beautiful, and I can't wait to block more of iPodKingCarter (though he equally facialized me with LeBron - this I cannot lie).
So with this new system will we see volleyball type blocks like the ones on this vid? There's no oomf to the shotblocks in 2k13 and I remember 2k11 had these types of blocks and they were GLORIOUS!

# 25 vtcrb @ 08/06/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
Balancing was a major focus. Someone want to camp - go ahead and pump fake or ball fake a pass out and make them react. They will pay for their mistakes just like players do in the real NBA.
So did we get NEW Attributes or Tendencies that EFFECT the Blocking OR is it just Built in the game?

# 26 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/06/13 02:52 PM
The info being released goes for current-gen and next-gen consoles, right? I've only been seeing current-gen screenshots, so I'm not sure.

# 27 cj2008nw @ 08/06/13 02:52 PM
BEST NEWS SO FAR!!!

# 28 jersez @ 08/06/13 02:54 PM
I'll have to play and experience the new system, until then it's not big news to me since blocking dunks isn't a new feature, maybe the next piece of news will hype me up.

# 29 I am disappointed @ 08/06/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I hope the blocking system is "overkill" - it'll make dudes really think about just trying to drive and dunk. Maybe it'll make them expand their shot selection with players like Lebron or Westbrook.

1000000000% agree with this

# 30 Marino @ 08/06/13 02:58 PM
They can't block my dunks tho.

# 31 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/06/13 03:03 PM
Quote:
This was asked by one of the community members - can you recreate this block... The answer was yes.

I should also note this is a brand new system implemented this year. Not just more blocking - but a brand new system in which you can block different shots at different points of the offensive players' dunks/shots. It's beautiful, and I can't wait to block more of iPodKingCarter (though he equally facialized me with LeBron - this I cannot lie).
Feature available on current and next gen right?

# 32 bm011 @ 08/06/13 03:06 PM
I just hope they don't go overboard with blocking and dunk blocking, like they tend to do when something new is added.

# 33 jayman504 @ 08/06/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Updated OP.
Thank you sir

# 34 gento @ 08/06/13 03:16 PM
From a hands on experience, it takes timing and positioning depending on what time of dunk it is. Power dunks feel more easier to block and the quick dunks will of course be harder to block. This new blocking feature is absolutely beautiful! The fact that when you block someones dunk you can finally hear the ball getting swatted and the players actually react to their dunks getting blocked, which is absolutely priceless. I have a full video on my hands on experience on YouTube for anyone looking for more information on this new NBA 2K14 feature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB7awJoSbEs

# 35 CallMeKD @ 08/06/13 03:16 PM
Does anyone know if this picture is current or Next- Gen because Lebron's wristband looks different.

# 36 HsBalla 9 @ 08/06/13 03:23 PM
Hearing about the new block system is all fine and dandy but we need to see gameplay to see how much it really changed. Please 2k don't go back to 2k12 elbow/leg block system...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

# 37 thedream2k13 @ 08/06/13 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsBalla 9
Hearing about the new block system is all fine and dandy but we need to see gameplay to see how much it really changed. Please 2k don't go back to 2k12 elbow/leg block system...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
if the ball is live any body part should interact with it . No more easy PIP I hope, keep the cheesers in check for once

# 38 LionsFanNJ @ 08/06/13 03:32 PM
Praise cthulhu they listened.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

# 39 ViolenceFight @ 08/06/13 03:32 PM
We can block dunks? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

# 40 jersez @ 08/06/13 03:33 PM
Will canned-animated dunks be removed???? That's news to me...that would get me on the hype train.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.