Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has confirmed the details for NBA 2K14 "CREWS" mode. Unfortunately, it's not all good news for CREW fans.

Quote:
Your gameday attire will be reflected on your MyPLAYER during matches. Games can be either 3v3 on half-court, or 5v5 on full-court. These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21.

Source - Crews in NBA 2K14

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Aviator S @ 09/13/13 09:40 PM
I for one have not played crew from NBA 2K11 but I could sense the disappointment here. This is a dis service to the crew fans out there and in fact this should not be called crews in the first place to be blatantly honest. I mean, we are not fools. We the community can see what is going on here and what things are being addressed and what things are thrown under the rug.

Normal consensus votes for Crew 5 v 5 on hardwood floor with Jerseys, leaderboards. But we get something different. Okay. What happened here? This was in the game 4 years ago? How bad is the online code that you can't replicate this or in the worse case scenario developers don't seem to care.

From what I've heard folks they weren't planning on including a 5 v 5 version. Just the 3 v 3 version and ship it out. The teamup guys convinced them otherwise. Oh dear.

Kudos to Chris Manning for the news and his contribution to the community but I guess the door keeps closing when it comes to the chance of Crew on a hardwood floor.

But.. there's the next gen version folks and if the lord sees fit, I see some good things coming in the near future. As for the current gen, prayers have not been answered.

# 62 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Yeah. I can't argue with the marketing choices. But it could be fun. If you bypass the name. But I know some of you just will not do that.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
It could be fun, but it's still worse than 2K11 without having to be played. They said it was "Crew" so thats what its going to be compared against. I am sure if people spend their money on 2K14 current gen they will definitely give it a try.

# 63 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It could be fun, but it's still worse than 2K11 without having to be played. They said it was "Crew" so thats what its going to be compared against. I am sure if people spend their money on 2K14 current gen they will definitely give it a try.
Yeah. If you word something as something that was previously in another game, I know people will base that off that. This Crew is better than nothing, but Pickgames in 2K11 was a perfect example of what should've happened if we were to only have Blacktop courts.

# 64 Jrocc23 @ 09/13/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Yeah. If you word something as something that was previously in another game, I know people will base that off that. This Crew is better than nothing, but Pickgames in 2K11 was a perfect example of what should've happened if we were to only have Blacktop courts.

Exactly. I am sure a lot of people would have been happy with that because that was the closest thing to Crew Mode and people still play that to this day on 2K11. I know I would've been happy pickup games were back.

# 65 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Exactly. I am sure a lot of people would have been happy with that because that was the closest thing to Crew Mode and people still play that to this day on 2K11. I know I would've been happy pickup games were back.
I'm near leaning to the idea that the crew everyone wants is for Next Gen. Like that much. To purposely make current gen to look bad to next gen. Marketing 101 I guess.

# 66 yungsta404 @ 09/13/13 10:45 PM
Quote:
I'm near leaning to the idea that the crew everyone wants is for Next Gen. Like that much. To purposely make current gen to look bad to next gen. Marketing 101 I guess.

think thats backwards. The next gen will move units regardless just because its next gen. The current gen needs more motive to move units cause a superior version will be coming out in a month of its release.

# 67 Trini94 @ 09/13/13 10:45 PM
I'll try it out for a couple of games but I doubt I will like it, seems GTA 5 will keep me busy for a while.

# 68 Vni @ 09/13/13 10:50 PM
Quote:

They aren't trying to make current gen look bad. 0%.

Although I think that the next gen will have the real version of Crew.

# 69 MarvinOida @ 09/13/13 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
think thats backwards. The next gen will move units regardless just because its next gen. The current gen needs more motive to move units cause a superior version will be coming out in a month of its release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
They aren't trying to make current gen look bad. 0%.

Although I think that the next gen will have the real version of Crew.
Its 2K who knows? Overall, the game will be great on CG, but will not have things like this, that's where NG will pick up. You want the game on CG to be overall good for a lot of guys. Then you want the NG to be just as good but also pickup some of the guys who wanted to buy it for something like Crew. But didn't cause CG didn't please them.

Not trying to say they're trying to make CG look awful, they're just saving ideas for NG marketing. Aspects like this Crew, maybe a better lighting engine, etc.

# 70 phenom2311 @ 09/13/13 11:03 PM
Didn't update or add anything to those old, stale, crappy looking generic uniforms I see. What NBA uniform has a big logo above the numbers? Usually it's the city name or team name. That annoys the crap out of me.

# 71 Wafflebrains @ 09/13/13 11:44 PM
Sigh, oh 2K, you never fail to disappoint. Looks like I'll be buying Live this year

# 72 wisdom @ 09/13/13 11:46 PM
NBA 2K LIE 14 COMING OUT OCT 1 ~FULL OF DISAPPOINTMENT ~CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THE SALE DROP THIS YEAR

# 73 Phreezy P @ 09/14/13 12:35 AM
Well this is just great. Useless mode I'll never play.

# 74 MarvinOida @ 09/14/13 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom
NBA 2K LIE 14 COMING OUT OCT 1 ~FULL OF DISAPPOINTMENT ~CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THE SALE DROP THIS YEAR
People are still gonna buy the game whether or not it has Crew. Your words my be the words of wisdom, but the game if to have sales drops would be close to a sliver. Cause some people actually buy the game for the NBA. For the NBA simulation part.

"NBA 2K Lie 14"? Dude its called marketing, manipulation, and you would do THE EXACT same thing if you were head PR of 2K. Every company has done stuff like this. From Apple with iPhones, Activision with CoD, EA with whatever.

# 75 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 12:40 AM
The thing is, only being able to search for 5v5 games if you have a full team and only to 21 pi$$ me off the most.

1. I played Crew since like half way through 2K10 and I rarely seen 5 people teams, like 1 out of every 5 games...plus, most of the full 5v5 human games weren't even played well..like I said, terrible spacing.

2. Do you really think 5 people shooting 3's on blacktop in a game to 21 is fun? Come on.

3. Stat tracking....why? I don't want to hear that I average 4 ppg, that's dumb. Or you'll see the guy that averages 5 spg....cuz you know, blacktop mode.

4. Generic logos and jerseys....again.

5. On blacktop...(not that big of a deal, but still)...arenas were in 2K10...4 years ago.

Not mad at LD2K cuz he's just reporting what he knows, but the news he posted made me lose all hype I had for current gen 2K.

I'll still get it but I'm prepared to be as disappointed as I was when 2K12 released.

# 76 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 12:44 AM
Quote:
People are still gonna buy the game whether or not it has Crew. Your words my be the words of wisdom, but the game if to have sales drops would be close to a sliver. Cause some people actually buy the game for the NBA. For the NBA simulation part.

"NBA 2K Lie 14"? Dude its called marketing, manipulation, and you would do THE EXACT same thing if you were head PR of 2K. Every company has done stuff like this. From Apple with iPhones, Activision with CoD, EA with whatever.

Not all of us would do that bruh, I respect everyone in the world until they disrespect me. And a fan of a game paying $60 for it (in this economy nonetheless) is something I would value. And lying to them about a mode that isn't anything they'd expect it to be, is a pretty big disrespectful slap to the face, especially to the ones that are very loyal to the game.

You lie to one fan and lose $60, seems like no biggie...but when one fan spreads the word of being lied to, that one becomes 1,000....which can quickly turn to 10,000 and so on. Losing even $60,000 is pretty big when you spend millions on development.

Ask EA how much they lost with Live...if 2K doesn't stop screwing around and lying that could very well be them in 10 years...because no one would believe that Live was ever going to just drop off the face of the gaming scene.

# 77 Jrocc23 @ 09/14/13 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
It's a hybrid. It's not 2K13's blacktop mode, and it's not 2K11's Crew. Blacktop mode didn't have built in squads with leaderboards, jersey customization, 5on5. So calling it Blacktop 2.0 isn't accurate either.

Let's recap:

2K11 Crew:

- 8 ft hack uncapped cheaters
- 5on5 was rare, mostly 2vs2 with 8 CPU players
- Servers sucked, took an hour to find a game
- Hopstep and pumpfake cheese all day
- Played in arena

2K12:

- No crew

2K13 Blacktop:

- 3on3
- Indiv. leaderboards

2k14:

- Hybrid of 2K11 Crew and 2k13 Blacktop
- No cheaters (assuming 2k share was cleaned up)
- Servers will likely be better (since 5on5 teamup is no problem)
- Leaderboards

Sucks that it's only to 21, but I'll live. What I don't get is some are crying that they can't have CPU teammates. Why you want CPU teammates ? This is a manual mode. Ain't nobody got time for dat
Still Blacktop Mode 2.0 to me. And I liked CPU teammates. Wasn't a problem for me especially since I am used to playing MP Mode w/ them. Just wish they could've shot better. So that's your opinion, but most liked CPU teammates especially since everyone cannot run w/ 5 players every game lol.

# 78 MarvinOida @ 09/14/13 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
It's a hybrid. It's not 2K13's blacktop mode, and it's not 2K11's Crew. Blacktop mode didn't have built in squads with leaderboards, jersey customization, 5on5. So calling it Blacktop 2.0 isn't accurate either.

Let's recap:

2K11 Crew:

- 8 ft hack uncapped cheaters
- 5on5 was rare, mostly 2vs2 with 8 CPU players
- Servers sucked, took an hour to find a game
- Hopstep and pumpfake cheese all day
- Played in arena

2K12:

- No crew

2K13 Blacktop:

- 3on3
- Indiv. leaderboards

2k14:

- Hybrid of 2K11 Crew and 2k13 Blacktop
- No cheaters (assuming 2k share was cleaned up)
- Servers will likely be better (since 5on5 teamup is no problem)
- Leaderboards

Sucks that it's only to 21, but I'll live. What I don't get is some are crying that they can't have CPU teammates. Why you want CPU teammates ? This is a manual mode. Ain't nobody got time for dat
People would claim to the "I don't for enough friends" excuse, but personally, I like the no CPU as teammates.

Why?

Well, why in the world do you want NBA players in your Crew? There's no reason for them as they would be unless. If the CPU players would be your crew members, that would be cool, but its not then playing, its the AI, which as we all know aren't humans.

If you want to fill up members, play the game more and recruit. I mean that's how real life pick up teams start off, you mix and match a couple of team mates if you're finding some and whoever matches with your game and wins, well you just got yourself a pickup Crew.

# 79 wisdom @ 09/14/13 12:52 AM
Quote:

well ~if they aren"t gonna to bring back "the crew mode" that it suppose to be then they shouldn't call it "crew mode" ~ no matter how "k14 crew mode" work ~it is not the mode fans are looking for ~you can see the reaction from crew fan in here/facebook ~are they gonna happy to accept this thing?

# 80 HowDareI @ 09/14/13 12:53 AM
Quote:
If you want to fill up members, play the game more and recruit. I mean that's how real life pick up teams start off, you mix and match a couple of team mates if you're finding some and whoever matches with your game and wins, well you just got yourself a pickup Crew.

That happened in 2K11, but we can't recruit if we can't even get into games to see who's playing...all you can do is play the ACTUAL blacktop mode if they still have it..but no one plays blacktop like it's actual basketball.

This game is a$$-backwards.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.