Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 on next-gen consoles.

As much good as we have heard today from the folks at 2K Sports, and there has been a lot of that, we just got word that there will not be any offline multi-team control options in MyGM which is replacing Association mode. There was some hinting it could come back in future editions, but for this year's title don't expect to be able to play with more than one team in offline MyGM mode.

Also Aaron is reporting that there are some features which are in current gen NBA 2K14 which won't be making it over, but no word on what those are from the folks at 2K.

UPDATE: Erick Boenish, AKA SimBaller had this to say...

For those curious about MyGM mode, know this. I only covered about 5% of what this mode is at the press event. This was a bigger media event, one where a large number of the attendees aren't exactly highly interested in the meat and potatoes of a mode like this. I simply provided an overview of what our philosophy was.

We'll be going into MUCH more detail (you know I will take care of you guys here) on what we've done in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

The takeaway you should have right now is MyGM is Association on steroids. Multi-user had to take a backseat for a minute while we rebuilt the entire foundation of how a franchise mode works. I assure you, this is all for the greater good. Leftos and I will make sure you're all happy at the end of the day.

SimBaller

P.S. For those who aren't into the concept of interacting with staff, players, etc., a Season mode (with variable season lengths) IS available so you can just focus on playing games and moving players around where you see fit.

What do you think of no multi-team control offline in 2K14 next-gen?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 raiderphantom @ 11/09/13 11:41 AM
So MyGm is replacing association...

And that tweet about player editing seemed contradictory.

It said there will be editing allowed in and out of my gm but no rating editing in the mode. So we are stuck with default progression in my gm, which means I have little interest in it.

So that only leaves the season mode..what do we know about that? Is there full editing in there? Draft classes? Isn't this mode really replacing association? I still want more details on season mode.

# 182 raiderphantom @ 11/09/13 11:59 AM
Regarding 30 team control, it's hardly a real solution but I hate the grind of managing 30 teams, so I will usually will resign position and control another team if I see a really bad move by the CPU and work out a trade. In my association last year, the spurs ended up getting Dwight Howard(5 years in or so) but their PF was another interior guy clogging up the paint so I traded for Ryan Anderson for them, similar to the asik situation now in Hou. Maybe they will allow something along these lines? Probably just wishful thinking but thought I'd throw it out there.

# 183 Painkiller1974 @ 11/09/13 01:47 PM
What does it means:

"P.S. For those who aren't into the concept of interacting with staff, players, etc., a Season mode (with variable season lengths) IS available so you can just focus on playing games and moving players around where you see fit."

Varialble season lenghts: you can chose how many games or how many seasons ?

In MyGM can you choose the number of season's games ?

# 184 Ninjoid @ 11/09/13 03:17 PM
Unless I've missed it there still hasn't been an answer to "can we play any game from any team's schedule in MyGM or Season mode?"

Relying on you guys informing us Europeans about this once the game/systems release.

# 185 PEANUTBUTTA87 @ 11/11/13 03:08 PM
I felt this way at first too, but i'm glad they still allow us to edit draft classes. but we can only edit other players "outside of My GM, because Eric Boenisch wants us to had a "controlled" experience with his new My GM mode. I get that they want users to really play this mode, however, they are forcing us to play it by taking away FULL FREEDOM to edit player tendencies and ratings "IN' My GM. Why do that? I like to play up to almost 25 years into Association(Now My GM) mode. PLUS, after 4 or 5 seasons in My GM, current NBA stars like Lebron and Wade and many other great players on the game get old and retire. I want to be able to create future stars and superstars in draft classes, and edit them AFTER THE DRAFT when they sign with a team so that the competition level still keeps me intrigued and there is always great future role players, stars, and superstars to compete against. Lets say I create three 20 year old, 73 rated prospects to have a potential of 84. But since we cant edit their attributes and tendencies AFTER the draft is over, what if their shot tendency is 30 and foul tendency is 80? What if I forget to edit those tendencies BEFORE they get drafted? Sure, they will develop but it wont show in their play(when I compete against the draft class players I edited before the draft) and it won't show in their numbers in the league(stats). Taking away the ability to edit ALL players on other teams "IN" MyGM mode was a mistake by Eric Boenisch. I don't necessarily NEED 30 team control. In the current Gen 2k14, 13, you could go to the trade screen and still conduct trades for other teams WITHOUT actually controlling those franchises, however, I still want the option to control ALL 30 teams. Gamers need freedom.

# 186 PEANUTBUTTA87 @ 11/11/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
To me, being able to control other teams would let me do realistic nba transactions during the season and adjust rotations for each team (because cpu adjusted rotation have always been bad and merely rating based). it's a part of freedom that is taken away, i'll be waiting for 2k15
I felt this way at first too, but i'm glad they still allow us to edit draft classes. but we can only edit other players "outside" of My GM, because Eric Boenisch wants us to have a "controlled experience" with his new My GM mode. I get that they want users to really play this mode, however, they are forcing us to play it by taking away FULL FREEDOM to edit player tendencies and ratings "IN' My GM. Why do that? I like to play up to almost 25 years into Association(Now My GM) mode. PLUS, after 4 or 5 seasons in My GM, current NBA stars like Lebron and Wade and many other great players on the game get old and retire. I want to be able to create future stars and superstars in draft classes, and edit them AFTER THE DRAFT when they sign with a team so that the competition level still keeps me intrigued and there is always great future role players, stars, and superstars to compete against. Lets say I create three 20 year old, 73 rated prospects to have a potential of 84. But since we cant edit their attributes and tendencies AFTER the draft is over, what if their shot tendency is 30 and foul tendency is 80? What if I forget to edit those tendencies BEFORE they get drafted? Sure, they will develop but it wont show in their play(when I compete against the draft class players I edited before the draft) and it won't show in their numbers in the league(stats). Taking away the ability to edit ALL players on other teams "IN" MyGM mode was a mistake by Eric Boenisch. I don't necessarily NEED 30 team control. In the current Gen 2k14, 13, you could go to the trade screen and still conduct trades for other teams WITHOUT actually controlling those franchises, however, I still want the option to control ALL 30 teams. Gamers need freedom.

# 187 bucs2nine @ 01/20/14 01:40 PM
DEAL BREAKER !!!!!! Just ridiculous there is no 30 team total control for the many fans who love this feature..... I will not buy next year unless it is put back in and is a functional separate entity from online. OFFLINE SEASON OR ASSOCIATION MODE!!!! TOTAL 30 TEAM CONTROL of lineups, etc....and CPU vs CPU in that OFFLINE SEASON MODE!!!!!!! IF NBA 2k14 for PS3 and 360 have it...no reason next gen can not for it's built in fanbase !!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!

# 188 ultralow36 @ 01/20/14 01:44 PM
why the heck did you dig up an old topic to rant about something we all know?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.