Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Well, according to Mike Wang, during a podcast with PlayStation.Blog, a couple of developers won't even touch the Xbox One.

Quote:
I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system.

Mike will probably get some unwanted feedback from this and the Sony fanboys will have a field day, but let's not forget who he was talking to... a site dedicated to the PlayStation. I wonder what he'd say if he was talking to Major Nelson?

I'm sure he'll chime in soon to clear the air.

UPDATE: Mike Wang has checked in (Post #47).

Quote:
Yeah, just to be clear. I have nothing against XBOne. It's a great system. I was just trying to communicate that I like the PS4 much more than the PS3 (both in terms of development and the controller.) When I stated that I was a convert, it's because for the last 2 gens I've primarily been an Xbox gamer, but this gen I can see myself playing a lot of PS4.

The unanimous comment was NOT that the entire company or dev team favored PS4 over XB1, I was trying to say that everyone in the office agrees that the PS4 is a great system. That's all.

And yes, it's true that a couple people in the office are Sony fanboys and won't touch the Xbox 1... but it's also true that some people in the office are MS fanboys and won't touch the PS4.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.

UPDATE #2: (Post #134).

Quote:
Another thing I should add... just because I was praising Sony, that doesn't mean I don't also love what MS did with the Xbox One. The controller upgrades are really nice, especially the feel and function of the Impact triggers and analog sticks. A definite improvement over 360, which I also loved.

NBA 2K14 will look and play great on both systems... there's no "inferior" version. Just as all console wars, it will come down to the games, personal preferences, and what you're looking to get out of your console.

I wouldn't let anything I said in that interview sway you one way or the other... personally, I'm still on the fence as to which console to get first. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Source - Worlds Factory

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Slater James @ 11/05/13 03:30 PM
This is going to be interesting....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 2 RangersCruz @ 11/05/13 03:33 PM
The hardware inside matters it's easier for dev's to work with and more powerful im not a fan boy of either console but it was obvious which company cares for gamers more and which gave you more for less money.

# 3 RajonRondo @ 11/05/13 03:36 PM
PS4 is going to get exclusive content also, seems as if Devs prefer the PS4 over the xbone. Sony had a strong partnership going way back with 2k sports.

# 4 yungflo @ 11/05/13 03:37 PM
its possible to love many things at once. gaming isn't monogamous. Its polygamy, and its talking strictly on sony, the ps3 controller sucked. He likes the new one. he's keeping into perspective to the ps3 controller/ds4 controller. anyone who overreacts is reading too much into this.

I honestly don't know why this was posted, no disrespect. But this is almost flamebait, now the fanboys will enter this thread and run it amuck before its closed down.

# 5 and1product @ 11/05/13 03:38 PM
They also love the NBA but refuse to make the rosters as realistic as they can.

Seriously though im still going to get it on my xboxone. My ps4 will only play sony exclusives.

# 6 WTF @ 11/05/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
its possible to love many things at once. gaming isn't monogamous. Its polygaming, and its talking strictly on sony, the ps3 controller sucked. He likes the new one. he's keeping into perspective to the ps3 controller/ds4 controller. anyone who overreacts is reading too much into this.

I honestly don't know why this was posted, no disrespect. But this is almost flamebait, now the fanboys will enter this thread and run it amuck before its closed down.
Not exactly.

Quote:
"I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system."

# 7 turty11 @ 11/05/13 03:44 PM
i give it 1-2 years until microsoft has to stop producing xbox

# 8 23 @ 11/05/13 03:44 PM
Sans the console war reactions and mine is better than yours stuff..the actual interview is pretty cool to listen to ya know?

# 9 fluent2332 @ 11/05/13 03:47 PM
Feedback like this from Mike Wang actually makes me consider getting a PS4 instead.

# 10 and1product @ 11/05/13 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Question to those who are getting the Xbox One. Why? There's literally no good reason to buy it over the PS4. What's funny is that it's €100 more expensive so you'd have to be a Microsoft fanboy to get that.
Because me personally i like the exclusives on the xbox also and how the controller feels. I'm a gamer and must have all consoles so i can have the choice of which game i want. I even have a wii u and i am still waiting for those mario karts and stuff. Looking at the launch titles for both console , i dont even know what else im gonna play on my ps4 thats exclusive to that console besides knack.

I am a huge forza and halo fan. So i think i win if i am buying both consoles.

# 11 yungflo @ 11/05/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Not exactly.
touche, but this imo, doesn't warrant a thread imo. Had this been posted by an user, it'll be shut down cause threads like these get out of hand and the fanboys go rampant. Just look at the thread asking about 720p vs 1080p. When the ps3 came out, the cell was a pain to develop for. They still did it and didn't keep their mouth shut bout it yet people bought a ps3. Ps3 didn't suffer because the devs didn't like developing for it.

In perspective, he may be talking about xbo and he could also be talking about the ps3 vs the ps4. its much easier to make games on ps4 than it was with the cell on the ps3. He says his coworkers won't touch xbo.
its unanimous, that ps4 is better than ps3. Its not unanimous that ps4 is better than xbo.

# 12 Steve_OS @ 11/05/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sans the console war reactions and mine is better than yours stuff..the actual interview is pretty cool to listen to ya know?
Yup.

Let's see.

Mike Wang is on a podcast hosted by the PLAYSTATION.BLOG... I mean, what do you expect the guy to say? "I hate Sony, we only have a couple of guys that play on it, LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!"

Meh, I'll wait to hear what Mike has to say.

# 13 renewill27 @ 11/05/13 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Question to those who are getting the Xbox One. Why? There's literally no good reason to buy it over the PS4. What's funny is that it's €100 more expensive so you'd have to be a Microsoft fanboy to get that.
Maybe my kids like kinect. I like the NFL. I also like ryse dead rising 3 killer instinct. I like the TV integration. The OS should I go on. I'll get a ps4 when they get games I wanna play.

# 14 renewill27 @ 11/05/13 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Feedback like this from Mike Wang actually makes me consider getting a PS4 instead.
Think for yourself

# 15 yungflo @ 11/05/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup.

Let's see.

Mike Wang is on a podcast hosted by the PLAYSTATION.BLOG... I mean, what do you expect the guy to say? "I hate Sony, we only have a couple of guys that play on it, LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!"

What you just said is the reason, he doesn't need to say anything. Lol.

He's on a PS blog interview on the official site. Listeners(/readers) read between the lines.

# 16 Ijeswannaknow @ 11/05/13 04:08 PM
Xbox 1 Bitches! :-D

# 17 Ijeswannaknow @ 11/05/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup.

Let's see.

Say no more!!! Lol

# 18 LiquidGotti @ 11/05/13 04:10 PM
LOL, its already happening....

# 19 yungflo @ 11/05/13 04:12 PM
In a few months to years, it'll be "we mastered the SDK and we are currently maximizing the potential of the Xbox One so its now easier to develop for and we're able to offer the same graphical fidelity and quality experience on both platforms"

Just give it time. It'll come. Especially if an xbo exclusive comes along. Opinions change. Along with business ventures. Maybe on an MS podcast. Who knows? lol

# 20 Slater James @ 11/05/13 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
What you just said is the reason, he doesn't need to say anything. Lol.

He's on a PS blog interview on the official site. Listeners(/readers) read between the lines.
He didn't need to go as far as he did if all he was trying to do was placate them. We'll see I guess...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.