Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Well, according to Mike Wang, during a podcast with PlayStation.Blog, a couple of developers won't even touch the Xbox One.

Quote:
I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system.

Mike will probably get some unwanted feedback from this and the Sony fanboys will have a field day, but let's not forget who he was talking to... a site dedicated to the PlayStation. I wonder what he'd say if he was talking to Major Nelson?

I'm sure he'll chime in soon to clear the air.

UPDATE: Mike Wang has checked in (Post #47).

Quote:
Yeah, just to be clear. I have nothing against XBOne. It's a great system. I was just trying to communicate that I like the PS4 much more than the PS3 (both in terms of development and the controller.) When I stated that I was a convert, it's because for the last 2 gens I've primarily been an Xbox gamer, but this gen I can see myself playing a lot of PS4.

The unanimous comment was NOT that the entire company or dev team favored PS4 over XB1, I was trying to say that everyone in the office agrees that the PS4 is a great system. That's all.

And yes, it's true that a couple people in the office are Sony fanboys and won't touch the Xbox 1... but it's also true that some people in the office are MS fanboys and won't touch the PS4.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.

UPDATE #2: (Post #134).

Quote:
Another thing I should add... just because I was praising Sony, that doesn't mean I don't also love what MS did with the Xbox One. The controller upgrades are really nice, especially the feel and function of the Impact triggers and analog sticks. A definite improvement over 360, which I also loved.

NBA 2K14 will look and play great on both systems... there's no "inferior" version. Just as all console wars, it will come down to the games, personal preferences, and what you're looking to get out of your console.

I wouldn't let anything I said in that interview sway you one way or the other... personally, I'm still on the fence as to which console to get first. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Source - Worlds Factory

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RangersCruz @ 11/05/13 08:54 PM
Could care less about exclusives

For me BF4 , NBA 2k14 , MLB 14 the show , Watchdogs , EA UFC nothing more will be needed..even if i can finish all those games

# 102 NvME @ 11/05/13 08:56 PM
Further reaffirms my decision to switch from MS --> Sony.

# 103 MarvinOida @ 11/05/13 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilluminary
so has mr wang (tee-hee-hee) clarified his comments yet??? or is this just 11 pages of mind numbing fan boy dribble
Yes. He said PS4 is an improvement from PS3 dev and controller wise, And there's fanboys for both Sony and MS in the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 104 RangersCruz @ 11/05/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Yes. He said PS4 is an improvement from PS3 dev and controller wise, And there's fanboys for both Sony and MS in the office.

Thread should be closed lol

# 105 MarvinOida @ 11/05/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Yeah, just to be clear. I have nothing against XBOne. It's a great system. I was just trying to communicate that I like the PS4 much more than the PS3 (both in terms of development and the controller.) When I stated that I was a convert, it's because for the last 2 gens I've primarily been an Xbox gamer, but this gen I can see myself playing a lot of PS4.

The unanimous comment was NOT that the entire company or dev team favored PS4 over XB1, I was trying to say that everyone in the office agrees that the PS4 is a great system. That's all.

And yes, it's true that a couple people in the office are Sony fanboys and won't touch the Xbox 1... but it's also true that some people in the office are MS fanboys and won't touch the PS4.

Hope that clears some things up a bit.
Everyone read this quote

# 106 Steve_OS @ 11/05/13 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoff11
OS posted this just to start a war lmbo
LOL, no. I started it because I wanted to end the drama that was going to come from it. I explained it well up front and from the start, Mike just confirmed.

# 107 Steve_OS @ 11/05/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilluminary
so has mr wang (tee-hee-hee) clarified his comments yet??? or is this just 11 pages of mind numbing fan boy dribble
Look at post #47 or the OP to get your answer.

# 108 Beluba @ 11/05/13 09:22 PM
Another thing I should add... just because I was praising Sony, that doesn't mean I don't also love what MS did with the Xbox One. The controller upgrades are really nice, especially the feel and function of the Impact triggers and analog sticks. A definite improvement over 360, which I also loved.

NBA 2K14 will look and play great on both systems... there's no "inferior" version. Just as all console wars, it will come down to the games, personal preferences, and what you're looking to get out of your console.

I wouldn't let anything I said in that interview sway you one way or the other... personally, I'm still on the fence as to which console to get first. But really, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

# 109 23 @ 11/05/13 09:25 PM
This thread truly makes my head hurt

Lemme lock it please Steve

# 110 RangersCruz @ 11/05/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

Down the line i think we know which system will last longer

# 111 m1ke_nyc @ 11/05/13 09:46 PM
Why do people have to question others purchasing decision to help themselves feel better about theirs ? You like the PS4 more than the X1 then get your PS4 and enjoy it. The bickering in this thread reminds me of arguments we had in 5th grade.

# 112 bumpyface @ 11/05/13 10:01 PM
ENOS LIVES!!!!!

# 113 Melbournelad @ 11/05/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
You go into an electronics store. There are 2 tv's on display. One is 720p, the other one is 1080p, has better specs, and is $100 cheaper.

Which one do you buy?
Which one has a far more promising cloud and room for expansion on it?

# 114 yungflo @ 11/05/13 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This thread truly makes my head hurt

Lemme lock it please Steve
This.

Please, and post beluba's response to the first page, so that the clarification isn't missed

# 115 and1product @ 11/05/13 10:19 PM
Okay braincramps, you have succeeded. You have managed to change my mind about getting an xb1. You win.

Sarcasm aside, if you reread my message i am buying both systems. It seems you are just buying one. I win because i get best of both worlds BUT i still prefer the xb1 because of the GAMES. GAMES still do matter right?

If i ever felt like playing kingdom hearts or puyo puyo then thats why i have a sony but my halo fix forza fix and our good ole american pew pew shooters like you said is on my xb1.

We are allowed to have preferences arent we?

# 116 yungflo @ 11/05/13 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
You trust in your cloud I'll stick to the specs and games.

"I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system."

That pretty much says it all. Ouch that's gotta sting a little.

did you not read the response? that is into context to the ps4 being compared to the ps3. Its no secret that devs didn't like working with the ps3 cause of the cell. Now this generation, sony went away from the cell and its pretty much unanimous that ps4 is better(than ps3)

and not everyone in the office is a developer! or work extensively with the hardware. take it with a grain of salt.

# 117 Melbournelad @ 11/05/13 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
You trust in your cloud I'll stick to the specs and games.

"I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system."

That pretty much says it all. Ouch that's gotta sting a little.

Not in the slightest. Sorry bud.

I assume you also conveniently forgot the post in this thread where he said some on the team only use the Xbox One and refuse to touch the PS4?

Also it goes beyond just the far more promising cloud (Sony only has rented out servers and a much more limited version). I also much prefer the controller, and some of the exclusives (Titanfall). And it only costs $100 more because of Kinect.

# 118 ClevelandinDistress @ 11/05/13 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Not in the slightest. Sorry bud.

I assume you also conveniently forgot the post in this thread where he said some on the team only use the Xbox One and refuse to touch the PS4?

Also it goes beyond just the far more promising cloud (Sony only has rented out servers and a much more limited version). I also much prefer the controller, and some of the exclusives (Titanfall). And it only costs $100 more because of Kinect.
Just wondering how you can prefer a controller when you haven't played with it yet? BTW the cloud is available for both systems

# 119 Melbournelad @ 11/05/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Just wondering how you can prefer a controller when you haven't played with it yet? BTW the cloud is available for both systems
Referring to the PS3 and 360 when talking about the controller.

And I take it you haven't researched both systems cloud. They do not have the same type of cloud (Sony's Gaikai is purely for streaming games, it doesn't improve performance). That is completely incorrect. There are many articles detailing this, but here was a solid one that explains it:

http://videogamesandnews.com/xbox-on...the-real-deal/

# 120 m1ke_nyc @ 11/05/13 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Maybe he likes the 360 controller over the dual shock 3, and the DS4 and X1 controller are improved versions of each so hes going with what he knows. BTW I can say how can someone prefer either console without playing either of them ? You dont have to have it in your hands to prefer it.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.