Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 title update #2 is available now for Xbox One and PS4. It includes general stability improvements & bug fixes in all modes, including CoachGlass fixes on Xbox One.

Let us know what you are seeing.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 badazzleroybrown @ 12/27/13 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechad28
Just to clarify, did you experience any of the gameplay issues some of us have complained about before re-installing? And are they gone now after you re-installed?

For instance CPU block shedding, super pursuit, and bad running AI, which weren't problems before this last patch.
i can tell you the bad A.I Running is gone Adrian Peterson tore me up with 19 carries 117 yds in first half of the first game i tried after the re install.

hope that ansers your question

# 62 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/27/13 06:08 PM
One thing I have noticed after the patch is the USER secondary is terrible now when it comes to pass coverage. CPU WRs be wide open all the time now. It wasn't like this before the patch. Matt Flynn threw for 234 yards against me in the 1st half. And why ? Their WRs were wide open, every down.

It is like EA watered down all aspects of the User side of things and boosted all aspects of the CPU side of things. Everything across the board is heavily slanted towards the CPU. User AI became very dumb, CPU AI became Einstein.

EA needs to fix that. Game was quite fine before the patch. Hell even the pass rush is no longer good anymore like it was before the patch.

# 63 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/27/13 09:58 PM
Deleted the game, re-installed it and now the game is back to playing to the way it was before the patch. Completely weird.....So I am thinking the patch never did fully over write the existing file or something.

# 64 badazzleroybrown @ 12/28/13 12:56 AM
yeah that is what i said on the page before you need to delete the game for the patch to work right. bringing the game from patch one to patch two you have problems. bringing the game from scratch to patch two, you got no problems

# 65 Mike Lowe @ 12/28/13 10:00 AM
What's the version number on this update?

# 66 thechad28 @ 12/28/13 10:50 AM
I deleted the game and re-installed it last night and started a new franchise.

The games seems back to normal for the most part. I played as the Giants vs Cowboys and quickly was down 21-0 in the first quarter. They ran the ball well and passed all over me, and I threw a pick six to help my cause.

I started running the ball alot in passing situations and the run game seemed back to normal, by the end I had 160 yards total on the ground.

I wound up winning 25-24, and the game played great. My pass coverage seemed sort of bad though. At the same time, I looked at alot of replays when I was on offense and I had guys wide open and just wasn't looking at that side of the field.

My next game was against the Broncos and I got lit up and lost badly, seemed about right.

I think the patch made slider adjustments inadvertently.

I checked my profile, which I have set to All-Pro defaut. The sliders were set to Pro level however. You may need to change the difficulty and then change it back to reset the sliders.

Even so, at All-Pro, everything is set to 50 for both me and the CPU, except CPU pass coverage is at 75. I don't know if the game was like that before.

I'll just leave it for now, it plays very well after re-installing. Passing is a bit tough and I have more missed coverages on my side than I think I should.

I never had any problems with my profile not being recognized but I did have the wrong player run out in place of the QB in the first season game, but not in the second.

Anyway thanks for the tips, very happy with the game now. As far as what version the patch is, I think it is 1.02 but it kind of doesn't matter if you're on Xbox One like me, you can't selectively patch games and you can't decline the patches so you're kind of stuck.

Oh as far as the user pass rush, it seems fine. I had eight sacks against the Cowboys, Kyle Orton played most of the game after I knocked out Romo. Against the Broncos I did not get to Manning much at all though.

One tip, and this was happening before the patch. My game locked up and froze after I threw a pick six and I was in the menu making depth chart adjustments. I would wait until after the celebratory cutscenes to go into the coaching menu, it has happened to me twice when I have done that so far, once was before the patch. If you wait for the cutscenes to finish I think the issue can be avoided.

# 67 The JareBear @ 12/28/13 11:48 AM
So you guys are recommemding to just delete the main game data and nothing else right?

# 68 badazzleroybrown @ 12/28/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So you guys are recommemding to just delete the main game data and nothing else right?
Yes
the game plays good after. and all your other files will still be there once you re install.The game it will prompt for a update that update is the current patch 2
and everything from before. it just is not corrupt like the one that goes from patch one to patch two.

# 69 The JareBear @ 12/28/13 02:49 PM
Ok...thanks

Sorry for the dumb questions, I just wanna make sure I understand

# 70 badazzleroybrown @ 12/28/13 06:17 PM
it's all hit or miss
i did notice the cutscene in franchise still shows wrong qb guy running on field
but in play now mode it is not present.

this company is a joke

# 71 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/28/13 08:06 PM
Latest game: Bucs 10 - Panthers 20 (me) - Default All Pro

CPU QB: 23 out of 46 for 250 yards - 50%
Me: 13 out of 25 for 202 yards - 52%

CPU RB: 15 for 47 yards
Me: 22 for 80 yards, 2 TDs
Newton: 7 for 24 yards

CPU Defense: 1 INT, 2 sacks
Me: 3 INTS, 4 sacks

1 penalty the whole game - Holding

So yeah guys, definitely delete the game and re-install it. Before I deleted the game, CPU QBs were throwing for over 400 yards with 79% completion after the patch. No sacks was happening and no interceptions for the User defense. Now the game is back to the way it was originally, only with the CPU QB doing more over and under throws on passing plays.

# 72 jada855 @ 12/28/13 11:15 PM
Too bad this patch does not fix the ankle tape graphic issue :/ see link!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoov0q7tnr...%2036%20AM.jpg

# 73 PacMan3000 @ 12/30/13 02:19 PM
Hey guys--I need some guidance/clarification about this patch.

I just got the PS4 and Madden today. Haven't opened either yet. But when I do--what do I need to do or don't do? I'm unclear--if I start the game and it asks me to download the patch, should I? And if I do and I don't like something about how it affects the game, is it easy to delete without any problems?

Thanks.

# 74 The JareBear @ 12/30/13 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Hey guys--I need some guidance/clarification about this patch.

I just got the PS4 and Madden today. Haven't opened either yet. But when I do--what do I need to do or don't do? I'm unclear--if I start the game and it asks me to download the patch, should I? And if I do and I don't like something about how it affects the game, is it easy to delete without any problems?

Thanks.
Here's what I did when I deleted and re-installed yesterday. After you pop up the game in and it lets you go into the game, at the main menu there should be a bar at the top left saying install progress. Once the game is fully installed (the update will be downloaded but not installed as soon as you start the game up, you install manually from your notifications bar) I close the game and then install the update, then go into game and everything is good.

# 75 PacMan3000 @ 12/30/13 02:36 PM
Hmm...okay maybe because I'm coming from the PS3 where things worked a bit differently, but I'm a little confused.

So you're saying that on the PS4, I pop in the Madden disc. It takes me to the Madden menu. On that menu, I can't do anything in the game, because I have to download the game to the PS4 from my disc?

Or are you saying that from the main menu, the Madden patch gets downloaded?

And lastly, when you say you "close the game," are you saying that you simply close out of the Madden game but stay on the PS4 dashboard and install any updates? Or are you saying you turn the console off, turn it back on, and then go back into Madden where the patch can be installed?

# 76 The JareBear @ 12/30/13 02:43 PM
Let me say that I do not know if this is the best way or if there even is a right way to do it, this is just what I did after I took these guys advice and re-installed the game and patch yesterday.

So, with M25 deleted from PS4, I pop the disc in and it does its deal and after a few seconds it lets you enter the game. When you enter the game, it will prompt you that an update is being downloaded and must be installed to enable network features. I ignore that and just continue to head into the main menu. The game will be installing from the disc to your HD and the progress bar will be on the top left corner of main menu in M25. The game lets you access some features as it installs, which many games do on PS4, you can play exhibitions and stuff as the rest of the game installs to pass the time. Anyway. I just sit on the main menu in M25 while it installs the game.

Once it finished, I hit the PS4 home button, click the options button and "close the application," taking me back to the PS4 menu system menu.

From there, I go into notifications, downloads, and click the M25 update to install it, afterward it should take you right into M25 automatically as long as the disc is still in the PS4.

Hope that makes sense.

Console stays on the whole time.

# 77 PacMan3000 @ 12/30/13 02:54 PM
Hmm...so it sounds like maybe the patch is sort of woven into the actual Madden download or installation...?

Thanks JareBear--much appreciated!

# 78 PacMan3000 @ 12/30/13 03:00 PM
Actually--one more quick thing, if you happen to know. Just thought of this, actually.

Let's say I do a franchise mode, and I'm a couple years in. And, for whatever reason (be it file corruption, space is needed, or maybe I want to delete a patch), I need to delete the downloaded and installed Madden game.

If I were to delete it, would that also in turn delete my saved franchise mode? Or are those two separate entities, and as long as I put my game disc back in my PS4, downloaded and installed the game update, I would be back in business like nothing ever happened?

# 79 848 @ 12/30/13 03:39 PM
Just got my ps4 up and running and madden installed, is this current patch the version 1.03? Looks like the update happened automatically? Works a little different than the ole ps3 eh

Edit- looks like my answer right there under my nose
Note to self, read further next time

# 80 jada855 @ 12/30/13 03:49 PM
Yes 1.03 is the latest waiting for 1.04 hoping they fix the ankle tape!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.