Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 title update #4 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft. According to LD2K, it will address the issues for some Xbox One users getting kicked back to the main menu. Ronnie mentioned MyGM contract negotiations and playoff advancing will also get fixed.

Obviously those will not be the only fixes that will be implemented. It usually takes 10 to 14 days for patches to get approval and we won't get any other details until they are officially released.

What are you hoping to see fixed in NBA 2K14 patch #4?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MidasTouch @ 01/18/14 07:53 AM
I really would encourage everyone to push 2K on an answer whether the patch will work with existing saves and fix their problems or not.

# 82 jeremym480 @ 01/18/14 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Still no word on when this comes out?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
10-14 days. Hopefully, the under promising like the last few.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

# 83 shegotgame @ 01/18/14 11:51 AM
Wait--this patch is for both consoles, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 84 Asertid @ 01/18/14 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame

Most likely.

# 85 Matt1108g @ 01/18/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
Has become increasingly apparent the public relations side of 2k is a fkn joke. If I owned a company with a product like this I'd bring in a couple of suits to help, they need it.
Agreed. I'm so fed up with the company. I absolutely love the actual game, but at this point, I can't even play it. I started my first MyCareer, only to have the server issues corrupt my file after playing 30+ games. So I created a new xbox profile and started over. I played through all 82 games of the first season only to now get kicked back to main menu every time I try to play.

So since I figured I would have to wait 1-2 weeks for the patch in order to play my player, I started a MyGm mode, which I was loving. I played probably 20-30 games of the regular season, simmed the rest, and got to the conference finals. I'm now stuck in the playoffs glitch because I finished off the series before the other teams. So now I can't play MyCareer OR MyGm. This is ridiculous.

I truly don't understand how a company can release such a horribly tested game, with this many problems- let alone the servers. This is unacceptable. It's quite obvious their "support" does nothing. And their "marketing" guys aka Ronnie just sends out stupid locker codes which- I'm not even sorry- don't make up for the fact that we paid $60 for a game that many people can't even play. I bought a next-gen console specifically for this game. So I'm pretty upset that I can't even play.

I understand that bugs and glitches and mistakes happen. No company and game are perfect. But to only compensate people with stupid locker codes is down right disrespectful. If they don't offer 2k15 at 50% off for people who purchased 2k14, that is a PR nightmare. How are they getting away with this?

# 86 doctorhay53 @ 01/18/14 05:04 PM
Hope that in mycareer they fixed the "never being subbed out issue", also hope that plays actually work (although that's been broken for several years, shockingly / amazingly, so I highly doubt it).

# 87 MidasTouch @ 01/18/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g
I truly don't understand how a company can release such a horribly tested game, with this many problems- let alone the servers. This is unacceptable.
Pretty much this. How did this game's bugs get through testing? Did they test the game at all?

# 88 Matt1108g @ 01/18/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidasTouch
Pretty much this. How did this game's bugs get through testing? Did they test the game at all?
They tested the purchasing ov VC to make sure that worked. That's all they care about is their micro transactions. I've truly never been this upset with a video game. And ya know what, I have a right to be. I purchased a $60 piece of software that is unusable for weeks at a time. I hope all these problems brings down this company and they get what they deserve.

# 89 Glenn33 @ 01/18/14 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame

Yes. Definitely yes.

# 90 vtcha @ 01/18/14 06:15 PM
Gotta love the fact that when we can finally play with minimal game-breaking issues, the season is already half-way done ...

Sad to say but my expectations for 2K15 is to play with minimal game-break issues after the first few weeks of release. I don't care if they re-made 2K11 with next-gen graphics and roster updates or if no new features are added, I just want a working product.

# 91 Poke @ 01/18/14 08:06 PM
They need to fix the issue where the CPU doesn't get called for 3 seconds. I did a replay and counted 9 damn seconds with no call!!!! Also there's a glitch that happens sometimes when you go shoot or dropstep etc... from backdown position you throw an icon pass instead.

# 92 DatGD12guage @ 01/18/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykid212
hopefully it comes with 2k15 because this game is damaged beyond repair
Thats y they should fix as much as they can now so they will know how to atleast approach this bs in 2k15 so we will not see it.

Mufs tired of seeing the same bs yr to yr, this was yet another yr of the over powered zone not all bc its so effective as defense its bc of the ******** AI logic, flawed passing system, etc.......

You can reach to trigger an animation to stop a players momentum or force that extra step out of bounds or back court without it being a foul call........yeh 2k you fellas have a piece of work in front of you, we will see if you can get it done.

I will say 2k faked us out with these muf graphics tho, shyte is nice but game is bugged the fxxx out

# 93 jeremym480 @ 01/18/14 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Damn. I have to wait two weeks ....
Possibly. It all depends on Microsoft and Sony at this point.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

# 94 JayAtkHar @ 01/19/14 07:08 AM
PSN servers are running at half of the connection speed were paying for. I don't even want to anymore there too much lag online

# 95 Find_the_Door @ 01/19/14 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
PSN servers are running at half of the connection speed were paying for. I don't even want to anymore there too much lag online
What are you talking about?

My connections not gimped at all?

# 96 kolanji @ 01/19/14 09:56 AM
Next gen have not been kind to me with my first game purchase, NBA 2k14, and battlefield 4

I feel like my relationship with this game is leading towards separation.... investors and stock holders are ruining my favorite game....

see what I just did there ,am being optimistic and not blame VC for my disappointment

What I would like to see the patch fix:
  • To be the best players in the world compiled in a league, in NBA 2k they fumble and drop the ball WAY too often. The ball pops out of these guys hands like it has oil on it... frequency is too high
  • Input lag has to go... Mike Wang am calling u out bro....
  • Biggs(defenders) are still laterally keeping up with quicker ball handlers
  • Blocking is fun and all but happens way too often by guys who have no business blocking THOSE players shot
  • on Xbox I keeping getting controllers signed out during vs quick matches
  • Bump back animations where you can't controlled your player for seconds does more harm than good.... less would be best
  • Why is Ray Allen always open and any other great shooter on the perimeter when I have defense set to PLAY PHYSICAL and key on Ray Allen? AI characters leave their assignments all the time to help for no good reason
am getting the feeling me and 2k14 relation is at the point of "ITS ME , ITS NOT YOU" break up speech.....
Here's hoping patch 4 is a good counsellor

# 97 JDring @ 01/19/14 10:21 AM
I'm so glad the MyGM contract problem will be resolved, I have KD available on free agency but can't negotiate the very small amount extra he wants.

I guess I'll just play other game modes until the patch is released, but it's good to see it will be fixed.

# 98 AceDawg5 @ 01/19/14 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDring
I'm so glad the MyGM contract problem will be resolved, I have KD available on free agency but can't negotiate the very small amount extra he wants.

I guess I'll just play other game modes until the patch is released, but it's good to see it will be fixed.
There is a fix for contract negotiations if u wanna continue that mode. Hold dpad down before u open the dialogue box where the contract is discussed. U can then edit everything from the bottom up, can't go back down so edit what u really want to offer.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 99 WarlordZMaster @ 01/19/14 01:28 PM
I was playing MyCareer today, and after 3 great quarters, was booted back to the Xbox 1 menu, losing all progress in that game. Played again, no problem. Have played The Park yesterday and today, was booted late in a game yesterday, today everyone has default outfit on. Also, The Park displays my stats from 360 version, have been on Xbox 1 for 2 months. Far from stable, but like BF4, still great fun to play.

# 100 WarlordZMaster @ 01/19/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g
Agreed. I'm so fed up with the company. I absolutely love the actual game, but at this point, I can't even play it. I started my first MyCareer, only to have the server issues corrupt my file after playing 30+ games. So I created a new xbox profile and started over. I played through all 82 games of the first season only to now get kicked back to main menu every time I try to play.

So since I figured I would have to wait 1-2 weeks for the patch in order to play my player, I started a MyGm mode, which I was loving. I played probably 20-30 games of the regular season, simmed the rest, and got to the conference finals. I'm now stuck in the playoffs glitch because I finished off the series before the other teams. So now I can't play MyCareer OR MyGm. This is ridiculous.

I truly don't understand how a company can release such a horribly tested game, with this many problems- let alone the servers. This is unacceptable. It's quite obvious their "support" does nothing. And their "marketing" guys aka Ronnie just sends out stupid locker codes which- I'm not even sorry- don't make up for the fact that we paid $60 for a game that many people can't even play. I bought a next-gen console specifically for this game. So I'm pretty upset that I can't even play.

I understand that bugs and glitches and mistakes happen. No company and game are perfect. But to only compensate people with stupid locker codes is down right disrespectful. If they don't offer 2k15 at 50% off for people who purchased 2k14, that is a PR nightmare. How are they getting away with this?
What i love, is when you contact Support, it takes 3 weeks for a response, and then they ask 20 questions about your problem, ask for screenshots, etc. ask what console and date and time, even though I already provided that. USELESS Support! If I waited on them to help, I would not be able to play the game! So I deal with the faulty game, and have no intention of buying 2K15 unless they can make this version stable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.