Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show finally has a release date: April 1 for PS3/Vita and May for PS4 users.

Check out the trailer for the PS3 version. More to come.

What do you think about the dual release dates?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 nick_sr @ 02/13/14 05:51 PM
i didn't buy a ps4 to wait until may. simply unacceptable.

# 102 nick_sr @ 02/13/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Yeah, this is really going to screw with the OSFM people because now they have to wait until after the season is a week old to touch the rosters. And I would think the PS4 version has much more complex player creation abilities (like the type of facial hair), that the complete, final version of the OSFM may not even be done until sometime in late June. Now THAT would be the halfway point of the season.
this has my blood boiling. being the dynasty guy that I am, I refuse to play online or any other mode. we need to petition scea to move up the date.

# 103 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKoJOO
Because it releases in May for the PS4, will players like Masahiro Tanaka, or others that didnt play last year but will this year (R.Furcal) actually be in the game then? Does anyone remember how they handled Dice K in the PS3 version of 07? I didnt have a PS3 at that point.
Tanaka, Sizemore, rookies etc............Should all be in with the Launch roster update for the PS4 version(PS3 they'll be added weekly up to that point) as they'll have made their debuts beforehand. Furcal should already be in day 1 he was injured all of last year, but was still on the teams 40 man so he never lost is MLBPA status.

# 104 yanks22009 @ 02/13/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
i didn't buy a ps4 to wait until may. simply unacceptable.
Then sell it and buy a PS3 and The Show for it. It is more unacceptable that you can't wait 1 more month for the PS4 version.

# 105 bcruise @ 02/13/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
this has my blood boiling. being the dynasty guy that I am, I refuse to play online or any other mode. we need to petition scea to move up the date.
You'd prefer they ship an unfinished game, then?

# 106 seanjeezy @ 02/13/14 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Yeah, this is really going to screw with the OSFM people because now they have to wait until after the season is a week old to touch the rosters. And I would think the PS4 version has much more complex player creation abilities (like the type of facial hair), that the complete, final version of the OSFM may not even be done until sometime in late June. Now THAT would be the halfway point of the season.
Knight said we're starting on the PS3 since the vaults will be cross-platform, so there's a good chance the initial roster will be done around the time the PS4 version is released. Hopefully there's an upgrade plan because that's the only way I'm buying the game twice.

# 107 dickey1331 @ 02/13/14 06:22 PM
Man some people had unrealistic expectations.

# 108 jaymgm @ 02/13/14 06:22 PM
I would rather have a finished game then have a game filled with bugs like NBA2k

# 109 ShowTyme15 @ 02/13/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
What else is new................and it's usually the same people every year.

# 110 Simp @ 02/13/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
This. It's one or two extra months people. Show some patience. It's a crazy amount of work they have to do.

# 111 cubby blue @ 02/13/14 06:29 PM
I just want the game to be bug free. If waiting until may to get the ps4 version, so be it.

I'm just disappointed that I will have to play madden 25 until then. It's the only sports game I've got. I'm not really into nba basketball or fifa.

# 112 Born Again @ 02/13/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
You'd prefer they ship an unfinished game, then?

Tim- 'Hey my game has no third base'

Jim- 'Look closer, theres no dugouts either'

Him- 'But we got the game early!

# 113 metsfan4life1 @ 02/13/14 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBravo
I feel sorry for ya buddy. I actually got rid of my Madden bc it sucked so bad. (still has same plaguing issues form last gen), NBA2k and FIFA are actually the only things I do play. LOL.
I only have 2k14 for the PS4!

# 114 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 07:05 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
What else is new................and it's usually the same people every year.
Yep...same ones year in and year out......waiting in the wings until just about this time.
I like to think of it as the O.S. annual menstrual period.
P.M.S. is bad enough to deal with when it's your wife/girlfriend....but the drama here is borderline hysterical.

LMFAO at most of this thread.

Great show this year fellas!

M.K.
Knight165

# 115 jvalverde88 @ 02/13/14 07:05 PM
Quote:
Its just a game dude, no reason to have your "blood boiling".

# 116 jvalverde88 @ 02/13/14 07:10 PM
MLB 07 came out in May when it first released for the PS3 so I'm not surprised that 14 is coming out in May. At least it gives us hope that some of the top rookies (Abreu,Tanaka, etc.) might be in the game since Dice K was in the PS3 version of MLB 07.

# 117 Knight165 @ 02/13/14 07:12 PM
Just to get on track about the dates....

While I myself am a little disappointed that 1. The PS3 is a little later than usual(but wasn't it actually this date at one point in time...and it's been getting earlier and earlier recently?) and the PS4 is even later.....are we really saying it's not understandable given the sheer amount of work that needed to be done?

Just looking forward to playing a great new game....WHENEVER it comes out.

M.K.
Knight165

# 118 BSUFAN @ 02/13/14 07:19 PM
If they would spoon feed us some PS4 video every three weeks or so it would help pass the time

# 119 MLB Bob @ 02/13/14 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Just to get on track about the dates....

While I myself am a little disappointed that 1. The PS3 is a little later than usual(but wasn't it actually this date at one point in time...and it's been getting earlier and earlier recently?) and the PS4 is even later.....are we really saying it's not understandable given the sheer amount of work that needed to be done?

Just looking forward to playing a great new game....WHENEVER it comes out.

M.K.
Knight165

I agree knight.

Getting it later isnt ideal but we've never been lead to believe they'd be released together. And many speculated May as a realistic release. We didnt however know about cross platform roster sharing was confirmed. this helps roster makers.

I think people are getting way too entitled to having everything stay the same while asking for more every year, especially on a whole new system. No one complains about expressing views and opinions, its generally the cries of outrage, "how could they", conspiracies and accusations on why that bugs the daily contributors on here.

Every year they try to give us more. Every year we gobble it up and ask for more yet again. This year they did their own thing and knocked some reality back into people and we can see that most didnt take it well. Weve been warned for years by guys like Knight to be more thankful for the community relationship.

BTW do i need to read this whole thread or assume that its just a lot of complaining about the dates?

# 120 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/13/14 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Knight said we're starting on the PS3 since the vaults will be cross-platform, so there's a good chance the initial roster will be done around the time the PS4 version is released. Hopefully there's an upgrade plan because that's the only way I'm buying the game twice.
Yeah, I saw Russell post that, and that's awesome news. I wasn't sure if it would work because of the presumed extra player details you could do when creating a PS4 player vs. a PS3 player, but if they can have it done by the time the PS4 version drops, which they should given the usual time frame, then that's fine by me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.