Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show finally has a release date: April 1 for PS3/Vita and May for PS4 users.

Check out the trailer for the PS3 version. More to come.

What do you think about the dual release dates?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 RJ_Teets @ 02/16/14 06:37 PM
Now I have something to look forward to on April 1st and it isn't April Fooling someone! LOL! I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up the game at Midnight at Walmart or place the game on hold at Game Stop. Does anyone know if Game Stop is doing a midnight release for this game? Sometimes they do if they have a bunch of demand for games that night.

R.J.

# 162 tnixen @ 02/16/14 06:40 PM
May will be here before you know it

# 163 RJ_Teets @ 02/16/14 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
There are plenty of people who care about the PS3 version, not everyone has a PS4 yet. How about growing up a little and stop acting like a kid that didn't get it's candy.
I too care about the PS3 as I just received it for Christmas. I'm looking forward to the game on the PS3. I don't plan on getting a PS4 until Christmas this season.

R.J.

# 164 Majingir @ 02/17/14 01:25 AM
If anyone in Toronto does want to try and get the game early from a store, let me know, cause me(and someone else on this site I told), ended up getting the game last year early. I got it a day early,and the other person got it the friday before release.

I obviously won't post any of the info on this site,but I think it's allowed on PMs?

I'm not getting it this year, so I don't have to worry about too many people going to the store I usually go to get games early. I remember last year I intentionally didn't tell anyone(except 1 person) until after I got it just incase too many people went and got it before I did.

# 165 jim48888888 @ 02/20/14 05:54 AM
the worst part of all this is... this was sony's chance to truly have people invest in a ps4 for the show. in years past u would hear so many people say about how they bought a ps3 just to play this game, and now that next gen has arrived (like i did, with my ps3, when it first hit)... gamers are more than ever looking for that one great game to make them upgrade or even switch loyalties, for that matter. and this is a sony company. how is it that other developers like 2k was able to get nba 2k14 out the door, months ago, on time, but yet sony's own company can't get their annual sports title out the door? and with no 2k baseball game to tide over the xbox one buyer... this was a golden opportunity, missed. the only people enjoying this are the ps3 mlb the show gamers who have no plan to upgrade anytime soon. and this is their best argument, yet, as to why they haven't. i know i'll get it when it comes out on the ps4, but the show usually kept me all warm and fuzzy till spring training broke. now it's 3 more months of nba 2k14... which also keeps impressing even more.... with each lackluster ps4 mlb the show 14 screen i see. too slow outta the box on this one, sony, better swing for the fences next time.

# 166 MrOldboy @ 02/20/14 06:02 AM
Psst...
Spoiler

# 167 seasprite @ 02/20/14 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim488
the worst part of all this is... this was sony's chance to truly have people invest in a ps4 for the show. in years past u would hear so many people say about how they bought a ps3 just to play this game, and now that next gen has arrived (like i did, with my ps3, when it first hit)... gamers are more than ever looking for that one great game to make them upgrade or even switch loyalties, for that matter. and this is a sony company. how is it that other developers like 2k was able to get nba 2k14 out the door, months ago, on time, but yet sony's own company can't get their annual sports title out the door? and with no 2k baseball game to tide over the xbox one buyer... this was a golden opportunity, missed. the only people enjoying this are the ps3 mlb the show gamers who have no plan to upgrade anytime soon. and this is their best argument, yet, as to why they haven't. i know i'll get it when it comes out on the ps4, but the show usually kept me all warm and fuzzy till spring training broke. now it's 3 more months of nba 2k14... which also keeps impressing even more.... with each lackluster ps4 mlb the show 14 screen i see. too slow outta the box on this one, sony, better swing for the fences next time.
From the sound of rage coming from the NBA2K next gen forums, they probably should have delayed that title for a month as well...............

# 168 Knight165 @ 02/20/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
From the sound of rage coming from the NBA2K next gen forums, they probably should have delayed that title for a month as well...............
Truth right here.
Fast is not BEST....all the time.

M.K.
Knight165

# 169 BSUFAN @ 02/20/14 09:25 AM
Personally I would even be okay with an every other year game as long as they got right and it was done well.They are in such a hurry to get these games out ( $$$$$$$ ) anymore alot of them suffer and we end up being some kind of Beta tester for these game companies.

# 170 chaz526 @ 02/20/14 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Personally I would even be okay with an every other year game as long as they got right and it was done well.They are is such a hurry to get these games out ( $$$$$$$ ) anymore alot of them suffer and we end up being some kind of Beta tester for these game companies.

Without a yearly revenue stream from each release, I'd have to think they wouldn't be able to maintain the level of quality development they've had during this run of success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 171 barsoffury @ 02/20/14 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Oh please, PS4 has broke records and sold faster then any console ever....I don't think they care about you and your 1 lost sale.
He didn't say he wasn't going to buy it.... Most of these rage/hate posts come from people who are going to end up buying the game regardless and they'll probably buy copies for both consoles. Chill out people. SCEA knows what they are doing and are doing it to the best of their ability. This game will be great when it comes out.

# 172 Woodweaver @ 02/20/14 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Oh please, PS4 has broke records and sold faster then any console ever....I don't think they care about you and your 1 lost sale.

He said he was going to buy it anyways. ;-)

Also, he said he got very excited for our move to the PS3 a few years back. Let me see if I can remember our release date for that one...

I think he's going to be just as happy!

# 173 barsoffury @ 02/20/14 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
He said he was going to buy it anyways. ;-)

Also, he said he got very excited for our move to the PS3 a few years back. Let me see if I can remember our release date for that one...

I think he's going to be just as happy!

May 15th....

# 174 jim48888888 @ 02/20/14 12:43 PM
Oh please, PS4 has broke records and sold faster then any console ever....I don't think they care about you and your 1 lost sale?

i don't need sony to care about me. lol. i just want them to care about their game for the ps4, a console that they, especially, should have had more familiarity with and time to develop for than any other third-party developer. it just make any sense to me, unless there is cause for concern, like the ability to make the game 60 fps at 1080p, which i've read is "what they are shooting for"... which means they haven't been able to achieve that, yet? why not? the makers of the order 1886 had to go with 30fps, too. why?i know it's not that big of a deal to a lot of people, but i'll guarantee you that if this game comes out at 30fps, ur gonna hear a lot of complaining about why it wasn't achieved, especially with all the delays. and that's my point... like a lot of people here said... the delay will allow them to get it as good as it can be. no... that will just add more scrutiny to why it's not perfect, when the first problems arise. either way... should be quite interesting when the same people who support this delay, now... start complaining once they get the game and they're the ones saying, "i waited... for this?" here's to hoping that doesn't happen, but i can't say i have the greatest confidence, at this point. when we have only seen "model" videos of the show for the ps4. that says "framerate issues" to me, when u can't show ur game in motion.

# 175 jim48888888 @ 02/20/14 12:48 PM
meant to say... "doesn't make any sense to me.... sorry. wasn't sure how to quote the message i was replying to, either. now i see how to do that.

# 176 tessl @ 02/20/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
I traded in my ps3 for a ps4 and although I have FIFA and Madden once the show is released FIFA and Madden will gather dust. I bought the ps4 for the Show - and I only play manage mode.

In fairness to the developers they are building 30 stadiums in great detail from scratch and they have added several new features. They also have to get gameplay as bug free as possible prior to release. This is a heavy lift.

# 177 jim48888888 @ 02/20/14 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I traded in my ps3 for a ps4 and although I have FIFA and Madden once the show is released FIFA and Madden will gather dust. I bought the ps4 for the Show - and I only play manage mode.

In fairness to the developers they are building 30 stadiums in great detail from scratch and they have added several new features. They also have to get gameplay as bug free as possible prior to release. This is a heavy lift.
yea, i gave up on madden a season ago, and fifa... i wait for the world cup edition, and although i enjoy the show more than nba2k... i buy both, each year. nba2k14 was such an improvement, graphically, and gameplay-wise over the ps3 version... that i was stoked for the show on the ps4, imagining just how much better it could be, too. but i'm just not feelin' it, and won't... till i see something of substance. someone said i sounded like i was coming from an nba2k forum, but i'm not. they also said that game could have benefited from also being delayed a month... and maybe that's the case. idk. i bought the ps3 version and didn't get the ps4 version till i had my ps4 after the new year, so i guess they had the early bugs worked out by then. unlike nba2k though... i won't be buying the ps3 version of the show 14 prior to my purchase of the ps4 version. i love the show, and have always thought it to be the best sports game on the market, but it's gonna have to hit a homerun to justify the may release for the ps4, and show a lot more advancement than a few color and texture changes at fenway park, more hairs to a beard and head, and more fans in the crowd... to sell me on their readiness for a jump to next-gen hardware. i guess, to me... the show has always been about what my ps3 had to offer, compared to an xbox. and now i want mlb the show 14 to be the same thing for this generation.

# 178 tessl @ 02/20/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
yea, i gave up on madden a season ago, and fifa... i wait for the world cup edition, and although i enjoy the show more than nba2k... i buy both, each year. nba2k14 was such an improvement, graphically, and gameplay-wise over the ps3 version... that i was stoked for the show on the ps4, imagining just how much better it could be, too. but i'm just not feelin' it, and won't... till i see something of substance. someone said i sounded like i was coming from an nba2k forum, but i'm not. they also said that game could have benefited from also being delayed a month... and maybe that's the case. idk. i bought the ps3 version and didn't get the ps4 version till i had my ps4 after the new year, so i guess they had the early bugs worked out by then. unlike nba2k though... i won't be buying the ps3 version of the show 14 prior to my purchase of the ps4 version. i love the show, and have always thought it to be the best sports game on the market, but it's gonna have to hit a homerun to justify the may release for the ps4, and show a lot more advancement than a few color and texture changes at fenway park, more hairs to a beard and head, and more fans in the crowd... to sell me on their readiness for a jump to next-gen hardware. i guess, to me... the show has always been about what my ps3 had to offer, compared to an xbox. and now i want mlb the show 14 to be the same thing for this generation.
I spent $500 dollars and traded in my ps3. For MoM I'd settle for gameplay as good (bug free) as it was on mlbts '13 combined with upgrades to graphics and features. I'll gladly wait for May if they can do that. I'd rather wait than get an unplayable game early.

# 179 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/21/14 03:50 AM
Just looked on Gamestop and they have a release date of 5/31 for the PS4 version

Could still be a place holder though

# 180 geisterhome @ 02/21/14 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I just hope that The Show 14 on the PS 4 won't be nearly as buggy as NBA2k14. Just releasing it 2 Months later than usually doesn't necessarily mean they are using that time for bug fixing and to release a super polished game right out of the box. Of course it could but it's also possible they need that time just to get some fundamental things right and some "minor" bugs will or will not be fixed via patches even later...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.