Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is in stores today for PS3 and 360. After you play a few matches, please post your impressions. Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL™ ON SHELVES TODAY IN NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Experience All The Fun, Excitement, And Drama Of Football’s Greatest Event

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled their most immersive EA SPORTS™ tournament title ever, EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, now available in stores throughout North America. Complete with 11 Game Modes, 21 new stadiums, 7,469 players, 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA®, and one hundred new football animations, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup is now available for Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Gameplay innovations and new features make EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil authentic to the tournament experience. All new in-mode training session, adidas® micoach Training allows fans to improve player attributes as the tournament progresses by competing in 18 different drills that can enhance everything from pace to shooting. New Penalty Kicks and Set Piece Tactics change the way the game is played from dead ball situations. Penalty Kicks feel dramatic and rewarding with new save animations, shot tuning, and Goalkeeper Antics, while Set Piece Tactics put fans in control of the runs their teammates take by using the directional pad and choosing one of four preset plays. Other innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay includes improvements made to passing, dribbling, and player movement that were implemented to showcase the world class talent that will be on display at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.

“This summer’s tournament in Brazil promises to be one of the most colorful and exciting FIFA World Cups we’ve ever seen,” said Mat Prior, Lead Producer, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. “The game we’ve created will give fans a chance to feel the excitement, drama, and flare of the tournament whether they choose to play offline against friends or online against people from all over the world.”

A new design feature Patriotic Presentation implements newly-rendered 3D crowds, cut scenes from celebrations all over the world, and hundreds of flags and banners to bring the sights and sounds of Brazil directly to fans’ homes. Commentary in nine languages, a new soundtrack with 34 tracks, and EA SPORTS Talk Radio** highlight a fully featured audio package to help shape the theme and narrative of the tournament. EA SPORTS Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), is available in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ and Captain your Country, contains over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action.

EA SPORTS Football Club will make it easy for fans of the franchise to continue their experience by making members’ existing XP and Football Club Credits available to use in the catalogue of EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. The EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue will be stocked with new and exciting tournament content like Historic FIFA World Cup™ Kits, new celebrations, adidas® footballs, an EA SPORTS FIFA Classic XI team, an adidas® All-Star team, and many other items. For more information and to buy the game, fans can visit http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/buy.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 141 TMuss @ 06/21/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Where is the option to edit players? I've seen create player (but you can't make a goalie), but no option to edit an existing player...
Highlight the create player menu option and move the right stick to the right and that menu option will change to edit players. After you select that, you then have to hit the triggers to move from the pool of created players (it will be a blank list if you have none) to the various squads.

# 142 BL8001 @ 06/21/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Why is it that they won't let you change weather in this game? I see the option but can only have clear weather. I know snow is not needed but rain should be.

I don't get this either. I got EA support to call me last night and the ea rep was puzzled that the weather can't be edited. He escalated it and someone else is supposed to get in touch with me. I also posted it as a bug on EA's football forum.

Ea have this to say on their webpage about WC Brazil,

# 143 mcavner @ 06/21/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMuss
Highlight the create player menu option and move the right stick to the right and that menu option will change to edit players. After you select that, you then have to hit the triggers to move from the pool of created players (it will be a blank list if you have none) to the various squads.
Ah, I see it. Thank you!

# 144 BL8001 @ 06/21/14 04:38 PM
Two things I dig about this game and I hope ea keep them for 15.

#1 the CPU will attack. Hooray! Not only is their overall attack miles better than 14 CG/NG they play longer passes too. Both of these changes are huge in my opinion because finally the CPU is fun to play against.

#2 clearances and deep defending clearances are so much better. So so so much better. I haven't seen one bicycle clearance in the 11 WC matches I have played so far (all different modes). You can pressure the CPU in their end and they will do it to you and clearances now are played to space or shocker of shockers back to the offense! I saw the CPU clear it to touch and was so happy. The fact you can keep the pressure on makes this game feel closer to pes than ever.

One other thing, and I can't say enough about this one. Fifa can make me so angry at the habitual scripting and blatant CPU cheating that riddles every release. In this game it is so toned down.

Oh and crossing isn't as automatic as fifa 14. Couple that with the less accurate clearances and so many more organic moments happen on the pitch in the offensive end than an any fifa game I have played. And I have played all of them, every single one ever made.

I think the most disappointing thing is that these gameplay changes could easily be applied to fifa 14 with a simple update. But EA won't do it.

# 145 Stormyhog @ 06/22/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I don't get this either. I got EA support to call me last night and the ea rep was puzzled that the weather can't be edited. He escalated it and someone else is supposed to get in touch with me. I also posted it as a bug on EA's football forum.

Ea have this to say on their webpage about WC Brazil,
Yeah it must be some sort of bug or maybe when making the game they had it accidentally turned off. Either way I would like to see this addressed. Glad you got a response from EA at least they are aware of the issue.

# 146 mrsaito @ 06/23/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
One thing I can't stand is that even when I set the injury sliders down to zero for human and CPU, players still get injured and it's often for several weeks. Why isn't there a simple NO INJURY setting.
Actually there is a NO INJURY setting. I can't remember exactly where to direct you to, but when I first got the game and was setting up my Road to the World Cup it was part of that process.

The value has stuck with me for subsequent RTTWC campaigns most likely as part of my profile file.

# 147 dubcity @ 06/28/14 02:47 AM
So, has anyone actually won the WC on World Class or Legendary (no sliders)? I just started playing this again today, and the furthest I've gotten is the round of 16 with England and Brazil. This game can be so hard and painful.

# 148 PrinceKasra @ 06/28/14 04:15 AM
I chose Germany on Legendary difficulty tonight and got to the finals against Uruguay who have Suarez lol. I was down 1-0 then tied it at the 82nd minute only to lose with 1 minute remaining. So close!

# 149 zmcman1 @ 06/28/14 04:25 PM
I haven't played the game in a while, but of the Legendary road to the world cup modes I played

Morocco/Latvia - Round of 16
Bahrain - WC Group Play

The drop in ratings for players annoyed me so much that I quit playing the game.

# 150 dubcity @ 06/29/14 01:11 AM
Made it to the round of 16 with Mexico, lost to Spain. Pretty sure this game hates me.

# 151 Hawks_in_6 @ 06/29/14 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
I haven't played the game in a while, but of the Legendary road to the world cup modes I played

Morocco/Latvia - Round of 16
Bahrain - WC Group Play

The drop in ratings for players annoyed me so much that I quit playing the game.
I haven't noticed it much, other than with older players. If you train the right way have a decent match I usually see an improvement in form, not a decline. So far I have been enjoying the game, it's fun to try to qualify with true minnows and see how far you can get.

# 152 zmcman1 @ 06/29/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks_in_6
I haven't noticed it much, other than with older players. If you train the right way have a decent match I usually see an improvement in form, not a decline. So far I have been enjoying the game, it's fun to try to qualify with true minnows and see how far you can get.
The game will show your players as being in form, but if you pay attention to their overalls/stats, pretty much everyone but the strikers drop for no apparent reason. Check post #74 in this thread where I posted some images from it happening.

# 153 dubcity @ 06/29/14 10:47 PM
My guess is the whole form thing was poorly designed/implemented, and was meant more for a short World Cup Finals play through, as opposed to qualification + the finals.

I'm still perplexed that you can't modify the weather.

# 154 gillionaire @ 06/30/14 09:55 PM
Can you play every game in the world cup or just control a few teams??

# 155 jb1 @ 07/01/14 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillionaire
Can you play every game in the world cup or just control a few teams??
You can play every game in the World Cup, that is what I have been doing playing with the better team in every game. Currently in the second round and really enjoying it.

# 156 Laughl8i6yr @ 07/03/14 10:10 PM

# 157 nkitos84 @ 07/06/14 08:13 AM
what a fix for correction of errors squads guys?

# 158 tinpanalley @ 07/06/14 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Actually there is a NO INJURY setting. I can't remember exactly where to direct you to, but when I first got the game and was setting up my Road to the World Cup it was part of that process.

The value has stuck with me for subsequent RTTWC campaigns most likely as part of my profile file.
Weird, I still can't find it anywhere.

# 159 yeahmassive @ 07/06/14 07:04 PM
I cant get online with ps3 right now, is there any other way to update rosters?

# 160 mrsaito @ 07/10/14 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Weird, I still can't find it anywhere.
Tinpan - I went back and checked and I can't blame you for not seeing this. The injury on/off toggle is in a menu for RULES, along with things like offsides, cards and handballs.

The rules menu is under 'Game Settings'. Hope this helps.

MS

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.