Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 41 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/03/14 12:25 AM
Have a gander at this cage bounce KO

# 42 oMarcus2Ko @ 06/03/14 12:36 AM
Ok so i actually recorded my first game of UFC and i can tell you that this is one HELL of a gaming experience, a totally different experience then last gen Fight night or any other last gen boxing/mma simulation. I actually got the piss beat out of me by Alexander Gustafsson. He had me crying like a I need help, especially on the ground game. Any tips or things you guys found out about how to win the ground battle.

P.S. I barely touched the Block Button(Something i need to work on)

# 43 Brian_OS @ 06/03/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMarcus2Ko
Ok so i actually recorded my first game of UFC and i can tell you that this is one HELL of a gaming experience, a totally different experience then last gen Fight night or any other last gen boxing/mma simulation. I actually got the piss beat out of me by Alexander Gustafsson. He had me crying like a I need help, especially on the ground game. Any tips or things you guys found out about how to win the ground battle.

P.S. I barely touched the Block Button(Something i need to work on)

Great video man you did get rocked and Jones was none too pleased. The tutorial does help ---until you get hit in the face and all bets are off

# 44 Factzzz @ 06/03/14 12:53 AM
Knockouts are kind of an eyesore, specifically how you can't get on top of them after and have the referee pull you off.

Just looks way unrealistic, it also looks like they almost die when they get knocked out, and the fighter and the referee are just standing there looking at him, hopefully something to be worked on for the next version. Have knockouts look more realistic.

# 45 p_rushing @ 06/03/14 12:53 AM
I liked those videos, only complaint I saw was some of the spinning moves being done too close.

I know once I play this, I won't be able to not buy it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 46 The JareBear @ 06/03/14 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Knockouts are kind of an eyesore, specifically how you can't get on top of them after and have the referee pull you off.

Just looks way unrealistic, it also looks like they almost die when they get knocked out, and the fighter and the referee are just standing there looking at him, hopefully something to be worked on for the next version. Have knockouts look more realistic.
I have noticed this in a couple steams.

Overall it looks pretty good to me though, am excited to play it for myself

# 47 The JareBear @ 06/03/14 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
If you're talking about my stream, I have no idea how to play and the cpu doesn't help either. Same old cpu super aggressive spamming power punches.

I'm sure it'll be better playing humans, but this game isn't fun against cpu. Animations are weak as well
I am hoping there is some simulation setting in the final version that makes the CPU more fun to play against.

# 48 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I am hoping there is some simulation setting in the final version that makes the CPU more fun to play against.
There wont be. No sliders and no sim setting. The game is an arcade game so MMA fans like us will have to find a way to make due.

# 49 slip3rman @ 06/03/14 01:05 AM
Has anyone else gotten the license error/lock?

# 50 slip3rman @ 06/03/14 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
Has anyone else gotten the license error/lock?
Oh cool it works on my default psn

# 51 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/03/14 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
To be fair, the demo is locked to Easy Difficulty. Surely the AI will fight smarter on higher difs.

# 52 Cripterion @ 06/03/14 02:22 AM
The game begs for Fight Night controls, I just hate throwing punches and kicks with the face buttons.

# 53 CaliDude916 @ 06/03/14 02:28 AM
This game is incredible. Got my a** whooped the first couple of fights, but now I'm getting the hang of the controls and doing good.

# 54 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/03/14 02:40 AM
Very slowly getting used to the ground/clinch game. Breaking old UFC habits is tough.

The defensive control scheme is much deeper making simple takedown, clinch, and ground transition defenses much harder for me. Im getting crushed on the ground where that was my BnB in previous games. Its frustrating but addicting.

I have yet to defend a clinch transition, and i can't seem to hold control while on top unless im going for many transitions. Fighters posture up on me at will.

Very well animated. Some of the reactions in the stand up are amazing to behold. I like the damage philosophy in this game it reminds me of EA MMA.

Im thinking this is the deepest, hardest to learn and hardest to master combats sports game i've ever played. Its a whole new level of finger arcobatics and animation recognition. You have to defend right OR left transitions on the ground. Defending a transition is either side while defending a stand up attempt is upward. Both need to be combined with the RT(R2) to work.

Tough as nails to learn but impossible to put down.

# 55 babythug23 @ 06/03/14 03:01 AM
Just played the demo on the p4 but I dont get the submissions mini games. How does it work?

# 56 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/03/14 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
Just played the demo on the p4 but I dont get the submissions mini games. How does it work?
kind of like simon says. The tutorial does a decent job of explaining it.

On offense your pushing the r-stick to defend the escape. After a few successful 'guesses' your prompted to advance the submission by flicking lstick in the direction indicated. Then it begins again

on defense your pushing the rstick to move the grey bar toward the outside of the zone. If you do this before the offense advances position you escape

# 57 slip3rman @ 06/03/14 03:30 AM
Very impressed with this effort.

I think i saw a headline about next gen gaming coming to expectation and I think this experience is the true definition of HD gaming. The picture is absolutely amazing. I wonder what it would look like as a spectator, but there are definitely moments (in between rounds and takedowns for ex.) that i feel like im watching a $70 PPV.

The game play is good, could be great, maybe still has a chance to be great the deeper it gets. I agree with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripterion
The game begs for Fight Night controls, I just hate throwing punches and kicks with the face buttons.
this game would be interesting with fight night controls; I find myself wanting to throw a left hook and struggling to remember the control combination. It feels as though it has controls of an arcade fighting game where your player has 16 strikes to chose from and you need to know the button combos. But it is done well with the animations. It takes a bit of getting used to the timing and distance nuances between different strike.

Grappling game takes some getting used to for me. I struggle with knowing what move i'm actually performing. I think the way the grappling game plays like rock paper scissors could be accomplished on the buttons. This could have opened up the sticks for striking. If i remember correctly (from the 5 times i played it) EA Sports MMA had grappling on the buttons. Then the freestyle of striking on the sticks would be amazing in terms of the combinations that can be executed.

but the submission game is pretty dame cool. I just finished a triangle choke on Bones Jones where the battle lasted maybe 30 seconds, went through about 4 or 5 levels, and finally won the war. Was very curious how this looked as a spectator to see how that struggle looked. It seemed as though it was a struggle to lock the triangle in real tight, I think he went to sleep....

It would be very interesting to see how it would play with striking on the sticks. I can't imagine the next version not being that way. It would open up so many more ways a fight can go. The presentation is good, but there are little things that could be improved. The show blows it out of the water, maybe even ps3 was better. When skipping through cutscenes, commentary is cut too...so i missed out on some awesome Rogan analysis that may have been helpful

THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW. WILL PROBABLY BUY THIS GAME!

# 58 slip3rman @ 06/03/14 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
kind of like simon says. The tutorial does a decent job of explaining it.

On offense your pushing the r-stick to defend the escape. After a few successful 'guesses' your prompted to advance the submission by flicking lstick in the direction indicated. Then it begins again

on defense your pushing the rstick to move the grey bar toward the outside of the zone. If you do this before the offense advances position you escape
Exactly, you want to hold the R stick in 1 of the 4 locations. On D you want the bar move toward the outside, and O you want it to stop. then you need to use your peripherals to see where the L wants you to flick. If you get it correct, you advance your position. Incorrect, lose position. On D it becomes a full bar or immediate escape, on O it jumps the bar smaller and gives you more time to see the L blip

Is this game out in America yet? HEHE!

# 59 2k10Fonzarelli @ 06/03/14 04:21 AM
Alright. After 6 hours with the demo im officially asking for help. I am simply completely inept at defending takedowns.

Hold RT(R2) + Rstick down is the control. I always seem to mess this up.

What have we learned about defending takedowns? I have sucessfully defended 1 or 2 in the last 6 hours.

The UFF preview said it was easy. It is not. Please help.

EDIT: Please correct me if im wrong, but it seems if one is holding a direction on the left stick you automatically fail the defense.
It seems more likely that if you hit the wrong direction on the right stick, you auto fail. Perhaps my brain needs sleep to process these new commands.

Sometimes i feel as if theres just too many buttons. I don't see johnny public liking this game as much as previous games due to the inaccessibility of it.

Still buying it though. Perhaps these challenges the game speaks of will provide some good muscle memory training.

# 60 slip3rman @ 06/03/14 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
Alright. After 6 hours with the demo im officially asking for help. I am simply completely inept at defending takedowns.

Hold RT(R2) + Rstick down is the control. I always seem to mess this up.

What have we learned about defending takedowns? I have sucessfully defended 1 or 2 in the last 6 hours.

The UFF preview said it was easy. It is not. Please help.
I believe I have yet to defend one. But I'm guessing timing has a lot to do with it. My reaction just isnt fast enough to recognize he takedown in order to block. I imagine ratings help determine how big the timing window is...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.