Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Swamp Swagger @ 06/03/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The game all hangs on one fighter for me.....Machida.

When I get the game, he is the first fighter I will fight. If he is stepping forward constantly and aggressive I will flame Hayes and his team on every forum and social media site I can access.

The one thing that keeps me calm is the Foxsports.com report where the author while playing the full game stated that he had a hard time hitting Aldo with Mendes because of Aldo's movement. I'm hoping that the demo is tuned agreessive because thats what casual fans like.

One thing I'm seeing is that people who say "I'm not a big MMA fan" love the demo. People who are big MMA fans have issues with it.

Same goes for about every game. People who are hardcore Ncaa/Madden fans see the flaws more than the ones who aren't

# 102 Panicshade @ 06/03/14 01:30 PM
I tried the demo on XB1 last night and was disappointed. Something just seems a bit "off" about it. There were times when I would throw a punch or combo and it would wait to actually pull the moves off (animation lag?). Also, I remember doing one match and tried to go for a takedown and it took about 10 times for the game to actually pull the move off because the fighter just stood there like I wasn't pressing anything.

I hope this is just a case of "it's just a demo" but right now I'm not impressed. I'll try the demo on PS4 later to see if that makes any difference on how I feel since I was going to get the game on that system.

# 103 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I can't watch this with out being turned off completely. If the CPU portion plays like this then I will save my money. It will not be enjoyable to have every fight against the CPU be this spam fest.

Online I can't speak for but the way this looks is BAD to me
Just watched the video and it doesnt look that bad to me. Why? Because the guy controlling Jones is barely moving around and is willing to trade with Gus. Like I said before if you want to stand and trade with the CPU, the CPU will oblige in the demo.

What most people want to do is exactly that.

# 104 godylla @ 06/03/14 01:44 PM
In the KO animation that some people have been talking about, is it possible to do the "Dive Punch Modifier (L2/LT)" to finish off an opponent, or can you not move at all? I haven't had the chance to play the demo yet, but saw this control in the Control Map that was just posted to the forums.

# 105 Seaepps @ 06/03/14 01:46 PM
i think the cpu is aggressive because the difficulty is easy and thats the only option there is. im sure on the higher difficulties the cpu will fight alot smarter. at least i hope so anyway. but if u want to stand and bang with the easy cpu it will definitely throw with u but if u fight smart then the cpu isnt much of a challenge. wish they wouldve put the other difficulties in

# 106 phillyfan23 @ 06/03/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
Wow the videos have really turned me off where I might even pass on it entirely. The computer lack of a pace really turns me off. This is the main reason I was turned off my facing the CPU in UFC 3 so if that element remains then I know I'll pass.

Having the CPU constantly push forward throwing nonstop is truly a game breaker for me.
ya i am.seeing the same so far. HOPEFULLY its just the easy level AI in the demo...but that is just probably wishful thinking. All videos I have seen have been street fighter UFC, even cpu/cpu was horrific in this regard.

a chin, stamina and punch output slider would probably have fixed this pretty easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

# 107 havoc00 @ 06/03/14 01:54 PM
Im bored with it already, dunno the punches dont feel like they have tons of power, some really awkward ko's

# 108 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/03/14 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Same goes for about every game. People who are hardcore Ncaa/Madden fans see the flaws more than the ones who aren't
That's exactly how it is. For nba 2k I want a hardcore sim Bball game and super smart A.I. Some guys just wanna dunk in traffic all game

But Ufc which I don't keep up with I wanna have fun and knock ppl out lol .

# 109 Phobia @ 06/03/14 01:56 PM
Quote:
Just watched the video and it doesnt look that bad to me. Why? Because the guy controlling Jones is barely moving around and is willing to trade with Gus. Like I said before if you want to stand and trade with the CPU, the CPU will oblige in the demo.

What most people want to do is exactly that.
There is ZERO "down time". It is literally throwing the entire time then the snap of 3 or 4 head kicks in a row coming out at insane speeds just turn me off. The CPU is literally pressing forward the entire time and throwing everything PLUS around 15 to 20 "highlight" moves per round. Just looks dumb to me

# 110 Phobia @ 06/03/14 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
well then just pass on it and shut the hell up. Simple.
I don't know who you are but I've about had it with you telling people to shut the hell up.

# 111 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
well then just pass on it and shut the hell up. Simple.
Last warning man. Next time you are banned.

# 112 DaveDQ @ 06/03/14 02:16 PM
Quote:

The adjustments the CPU makes are primarily in response to its stamina. It wont attack much if its stamina is low.

I am hoping this is because of the difficulty setting, but this is an issue with FNC, and I am wondering if they rolled it over. The CPU is way too aggressive and only backs down to regenerate stamina. You can stop the CPU by evading and landing body shots but I get the feeling all that will change in difficulty settings is the ability to block and land.

I'm not very impressed with the demo. The presentation is dull and almost lifeless at points. Commentary is vague and quickly repetitive. These are things Ignite claimed would be different. We were told the game was made for next gen but everything so far is simply looking better, not really playing better.

For me the demo says it will be fun to play online etc., but not much going on outside if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 113 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
There is ZERO "down time". It is literally throwing the entire time then the snap of 3 or 4 head kicks in a row coming out at insane speeds just turn me off. The CPU is literally pressing forward the entire time and throwing everything PLUS around 15 to 20 "highlight" moves per round. Just looks dumb to me
I understand your side but thats not really whats happening. With movement, I'm seeing less than 5 "highlight" moves. There also is downtime once the CPU stamina drops and if you are using movement. Its not as much as I want but there is some.

# 114 Phobia @ 06/03/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
I understand your side but thats not really whats happening. With movement, I'm seeing less than 5 "highlight" moves. There also is downtime once the CPU stamina drops and if you are using movement. Its not as much as I want but there is some.
Yea I'm basing my view off the videos and have not got my hands on it yet. I just put it downloading from work on the PS4 so when I get home I'll be able to get some time in with it tonight.

I'm excited to give it a shot finally but must admit way more leery now than I have ever been with this title.

# 115 Phobia @ 06/03/14 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I am hoping this is because of the difficulty setting, but this is an issue with FNC, and I am wondering if they rolled it over. The CPU is way too aggressive and only backs down to regenerate stamina. You can stop the CPU by evading and landing body shots but I get the feeling all that will change in difficulty settings is the ability to block and land.

I'm not very impressed with the demo. The presentation is dull and almost lifeless at points. Commentary is vague and quickly repetitive. These are things Ignite claimed would be different. We were told the game was made for next gen but everything so far is simply looking better, not really playing better.

For me the demo says it will be fun to play online etc., but not much going on outside if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my exact worry Dave! I'm sure I could enjoy the online portion but I finally want a good career and offline mode without the CPU AI being one dimensional.

# 116 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Yea I'm basing my view off the videos and have not got my hands on it yet. I just put it downloading from work on the PS4 so when I get home I'll be able to get some time in with it tonight.

I'm excited to give it a shot finally but must admit way more leery now than I have ever been with this title.
You should be leery. The CPU's aggression is something that has to be fixed in the final version. I'm just saying its not as bad as the video shows. If you mix in clinches, takedowns and movement, the pace slows. Not good enough for me but not as bad as the videos show.

# 117 Phobia @ 06/03/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
You should be leery. The CPU's aggression is something that has to be fixed in the final version. I'm just saying its not as bad as the video shows. If you mix in clinches, takedowns and movement, the pace slows. Not good enough for me but not as bad as the videos show.
The CPU AI in EA MMA didn't attack this hyper aggressive. Now I hope like Dave said, it is more a difficulty thing, but what makes me worry about that is EA is known for making AI cheap as you increase the difficulty. Another words they will stuff every take down, parry all strikes, land counters at will, and submit or get out of submissions with ease. I'm hoping I'm wrong but that is the EA M.O.

# 118 CaptainZombie @ 06/03/14 02:36 PM
Has EA said if this game will have sliders? The aggressive AI is a bit worrisome.

# 119 aholbert32 @ 06/03/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I hate flicking the stick while I'm getting submitted. IT's mad annoying because I can never get out of it. I probably need another xbox one controller just for this game alone
Why are you flicking the stick?

# 120 Brian_OS @ 06/03/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Agreed.. Back pedal and pick your spots and you will be fine. As long as I keep it standing I win but if Gustafsson gets me on the ground I am in trouble.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.