Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer. This one focuses on the War in the Trenches 2.0. Check out some of the new screenshots here and the official blog for more details.

Quote:
In Madden 15, you’ll deliver on defense with more effective tackling and pass rush tools that put you in control of each play, all from a new perspective.

See your defensive gameplay from an all-new perspective. By pressing left on the D-Pad, you’ll activate the new defensive camera angle, putting you right in the action. To lock on to a specific player using the defensive camera, press right on the D-Pad.

The core of football starts at the line of scrimmage.The addition of War in the Trenches to Madden 25 overhauled the offensive line play by giving offensive linemen the intelligence to work as a team and create an authentic passing pocket.

Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/10/14 01:43 AM
I'm just glad that we have a Madden video out lol without NCAA Football this year on a console time has gone by slow and it actually makes me want the Madden game. I liked what I saw and although there may be some flaws, I'm just glad that the DL gameplay was addressed, we won't be able to have a real opinion on it until we play..

# 82 Skyboxer @ 07/10/14 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
Years ago, people would have thought this looked amazing.

In 2014, no matter what they do, people are gonna just gripe and complain, endlessly. That's more disturbing to me.
Yep I like where the game is heading. Not perfect by any stretch but it's fun to play and that's what I want.
Coming from Atari and handhelds I don't see me ever getting to the point a game "Worries, troubles or disturbs" me.

Just want to get my coach dynasty going

# 83 Valdarez @ 07/10/14 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Sadly, they haven't made any improvements to the Online Team Play mode since it debuted in Madden NFL 11.

At the very least, 7 vs. 7 would be a lot fun, since everyone could play a skill position.

There are enough people on this site that we would have no problem fielding a full club. We've been able to play full 11 vs. 11 matches in FIFA 14 for the last week, and that game has a much smaller following here than Madden does.
Had no idea that was possible in Fifa 14. That's crazy awesome for Fifa folks. How has the online play / experience been?

Completely agree that if full team was to come to a sports game it SHOULD have been Madden. It's the best selling game in sports isn't it?

Can you imagine how crazy play in Madden would get with 11 people controlling their players running every which way? Because you know MOST folks aren't going to follow the plays that are called! lol Still, that's the future of sports game, multi-player team based play.

# 84 vision @ 07/10/14 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
From what I've heard from the devs, Sim, Smitty, and Markus, they are adding new animations each year until the old ones are almost completely gone. They added new ones last year and added a ton this year for defense and catch animations. Rex talked last year how he wants to get animations to a 90 quality level.
Yeeah.. But naah. I don't want them to add more animations to an already broken/stiff/awkward looking engine. They need to work on how to motion capture realistic, human looking running first. They need to work on animation transitions so things look smoother. They need at least 3 templates for different individual running styles. They need at least 2 man gang tackles.

Even the first Assassins Creed's run animations from last gen, are light years better than madden. I'd be embarrassed if I was Tiburon.

These things I mentioned should be a given for a next gen football game.

# 85 jyoung @ 07/10/14 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Had no idea that was possible in Fifa 14. That's crazy awesome for Fifa folks. How has the online play / experience been?

Can you imagine how crazy play in Madden would get with 11 people controlling their players running every which way? Because you know MOST folks aren't going to follow the plays that are called! lol Still, that's the future of sports game, multi-player team based play.
The reason the 11 vs. 11 online team play mode works so well in FIFA is because FIFA's footplanting and locomotion are much more realistic than what Madden currently has.

Without proper player movement, the 3 vs. 3 mode that Madden has just doesn't work very well. Right now, it's very hard to block a human defender or cover a human wide receiver, since they can just zig-zag freely all over the field without proper turning or momentum physics.

# 86 Jr. @ 07/10/14 02:03 AM
Quote:
Take it a step further. Could you imagine a full NFL league where each player is someone online?

Get 32 "player-owners" who can sign you to their team? Online free agency where the best players get the best contracts (for bragging purposes, probably). Hell, there are Madden tournaments for real money now. Turn it into the Madden Football League, games are played certain days of the week.... my mind just keeps going

Now that's the future.

# 87 Valdarez @ 07/10/14 02:19 AM
Quote:
The reason the 11 vs. 11 online team play mode works so well in FIFA is because FIFA's footplanting and locomotion are much more realistic than what Madden currently has.

Without proper player movement, the 3 vs. 3 mode that Madden has just doesn't work very well. Right now, it's very hard to block a human defender or cover a human wide receiver, since they can just zig-zag freely all over the field without proper turning or momentum physics.
You're preaching to the choir now. That's what I wanted to see fixed way back in 2009/2010 when I put together running animations captures. I don't play Fifa and it's been forever now since I played NBA Live, but I figured the movement/locomotion would be the same for all games with different account for types of footwork (quick fast starts in NBA, trick moves in Fifa, etc) for each sport. Surprised to hear there's such a stark difference between Fifa and Madden.

Just sad to think we've been asking for movement to be fixed for 5 years now, and to know they had a semi-working build in 2011 build that apparently was just canned/nixed.

# 88 Skyboxer @ 07/10/14 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Take it a step further. Could you imagine a full NFL league where each player is someone online?

Get 32 "player-owners" who can sign you to their team? Online free agency where the best players get the best contracts (for bragging purposes, probably). Hell, there are Madden tournaments for real money now. Turn it into the Madden Football League, games are played certain days of the week.... my mind just keeps going

Now that's the future.
That would be a blast. Hell I wouldn't even care if I was a OL.
I'd take pride in getting 100+ yards on the ground and keeping my QB upright.

# 89 WakeUp_YoureDreaming @ 07/10/14 02:51 AM
I am very big on aesthetics when it comes to sports games, and I pay very close attention to detail. So, like a sore thumb, the first thing that sticks out to me are the wide ranging visual inaccuracies in player equipment.

I don't know if EA is incompetent or if they simply do not care. Either way, there's no excuse for blatant negligence.

Where are the mouthgaurds?
Where are the NBA arm sleeves (that Richard Sherman is wearing on the cover)?
Where are the full single arm sleeves (that RGIII has in game, but no one else)?
Where are the signature Nike gloves and cleats that players have been wearing for years?
Nowhere to be found.

All the player equipment in this game is at least 5 years old. Not only that, EA Sports' NCAA Football had some of these, 3 years ago! How difficult can it be to add updated player equipment to properly represent those worn in the NFL? It isn't difficult at all. In fact, it is likely one of the easiest things to do.

With professional football being the most popular American sport, and the amazing potential of the next-gen consoles, it is an absolute shame that EA is allowed to put out such mediocrity and call it a simulation.

Underwhelming is an overstatement. But hey, "maybe next year," right? Don't hold your breath.

# 90 msdm27 @ 07/10/14 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

Now that's the future.
The future..... full of unemployed dudes
Does sound pretty futuristic though

# 91 Skyboxer @ 07/10/14 03:06 AM
Quote:
You're preaching to the choir now. That's what I wanted to see fixed way back in 2009/2010 when I put together running animations captures. I don't play Fifa and it's been forever now since I played NBA Live, but I figured the movement/locomotion would be the same for all games with different account for types of footwork (quick fast starts in NBA, trick moves in Fifa, etc) for each sport. Surprised to hear there's such a stark difference between Fifa and Madden.

Just sad to think we've been asking for movement to be fixed for 5 years now, and to know they had a semi-working build in 2011 build that apparently was just canned/nixed.

Has there been any reasoning why it was not implemented in Madden?

Either way we pretty much know what we are getting with Madden.
It will be a fun game to play (for me).
Far from perfect but honestly it never will reach the level a lot of us want but I'm still excited to get my franchise going.

# 92 atc43 @ 07/10/14 03:27 AM
I like the ideas but as it always is with Tiburon ill wait to see how implementation goes.

Again, the lineman are too static when theyre going head2head. That steering mechanic should be at play at all times on the line to give it a more dynamic feel.

I had better see my CPU teammates using the new rush and steer moves as well. The steer mechanic also needs to be used for run plays. Give some semblance of hole responsibility on runs please.

QB animations are garbage and there still alot of ugly animations. And for the love of God stop having all the defenders have the same stance preplay. I can understand Linebackers having that hunched over nonathletic look, but the secondary need to look a bit more loose and upright/athletic. Lineman shouldnt all snap into place at the same time at the LOS either. Give the game some life Tiburon..

All in all it looks like a small improvement on the defensive side, assuming everything works as intended.

# 93 strawberryshortcake @ 07/10/14 03:58 AM
Quote:

From my understanding, the Ignite engine is a sharing technology. Not exactly sure what that means coding and programming wise, but I'd figure any EA Sports team would be able to extract any worthy elements from different EA sports titles and implement it into their game. If FIFA's locomotion is praised by many, why doesn't team Madden simply "share" that part of FIFA's technology?

Another thing that might be concerning is the following statement "Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport."

http://www.easports.com/news/article...-ignite-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Sports
Q: What are some of the benefits that we’ll see in the games powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE?
AW: First and foremost, shared technology will help us make better games. We’ll be more innovative, more efficient, and we’ll raise the quality bar across the titles. Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport.

Q: How is EA SPORTS IGNITE different to other game engines?
AW: Our engine is built specifically for sports. For example, the new locomotion system was developed specifically to create player movement that is authentic to real-world athletes. EA SPORTS IGNITE is more than a rendering engine; it also combines run-time physics, animation, locomotion and online systems.

# 94 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/10/14 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
From what I've heard from the devs, Sim, Smitty, and Markus, they are adding new animations each year until the old ones are almost completely gone. They added new ones last year and added a ton this year for defense and catch animations. Rex talked last year how he wants to get animations to a 90 quality level.
I like where this going and all with the new Defense animations. But they shouldn't just focus on defense. They should focus on offense blocking animations as well. Look some players going to the knees to slow down the defensive guy and stuff like that. Overall I'm liking what I'm seeing. I just don't want to see the AI keep getting to the human controlled QB in about a second. The human controlled offense line gives on the play way to quick and allows the AI to slip by way to easy. Been a problem for a few years now. I really hope that is fixed. And hopefully the CB running the the WR routes before the WR runs it is fixed this year. Tired of seeing the AI CB stay step for step with my WR on every play like glue. Overall I really hope this is the year can finally play a decent Madden for more then 2 weeks.

# 95 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/14 07:20 AM
Thought you guys might like to see this

@tazdevil20: @ClintOldenburg Something to work on - OL quit when they get beat. Looks kind of silly. They just stand there. Patch maybe? Thx

@ClintOldenburg: @tazdevil20 not anymore they don't. Also something done in M15. No patch needed. You're welcome.

# 96 LovejoyOTF @ 07/10/14 07:33 AM
instead now they do the cat daddy.

# 97 thesubmittedone @ 07/10/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
From my understanding, the Ignite engine is a sharing technology. Not exactly sure what that means coding and programming wise, but I'd figure any EA Sports team would be able to extract any worthy elements from different EA sports titles and implement it into their game. If FIFA's locomotion is praised by many, why doesn't team Madden simply "share" that part of FIFA's technology?

Another thing that might be concerning is the following statement "Each franchise will leverage the technology differently to create game experiences unique to their sport."

http://www.easports.com/news/article...-ignite-engine
I've been harping on this now for the last few weeks. I have yet to hear a single mention of the Ignite engine being put to use for Madden 15. They claimed last year that it was going to benefit them greatly, but I don't see a single "asset" used from another game like Fifa that does pretty much everything better than Madden being implemented.

This is what bothers me most about Tiburon, no matter who is in charge there. They've blatantly lied to us time and time again. They've claimed new features were going to change the way we play the game and almost EVERY TIME those new features create more problems than solve.

It's like, damnit, stop implementing new features that barely get used and are almost always broken and just fix the core game. JP is excited because Cam is trying to fix the foundation and then get to the "cute" stuff, lol? What!?!?

It's the complete opposite! Are these ridiculous animations and transitions that need complete overhauling "cute stuff"? Is basic football fundamentals the AI never is programmed for (DB/WR interactions; Oline/Dline schemes and proper techniques like setting the edge DEs/OLBs or not looking like an idiot after getting beat and sticking with your guy for Olinemen; WR awareness really mattering when thrown to early instead of it being almost automatic every time and they adjust magically to where the ball was thrown even while not looking, etc... ) "cute stuff"?

But, yeah... the tackling cone isn't cute. That's fundamental right there. Dlinemen/OLBs beating great Tackles like Trent Williams so bad he falls off of them like he weighs 20 pounds because I timed my button press right in some overpowered mini-game... that's fundamental. Being able to switch the camera so I can look at my players buttocks better on defense is clearly fundamental. Yup.

I guess I can't wait until the "cute stuff" comes.

I know they've done some things to solve the issues like true step and implementing a physics engine... but it's like they can't just do it right. Instead, they focus so much of their resources on these sideshow items that don't really affect the game much and, if they do, it's a negative impact because it's overpowered and people find a way to cheeze the crap out of it. Just focus, damnit. You can't tell me that casual fans want to see these silly things over a completely transformed, life-like football game that plays and looks authentic! How can that not be something marketable?

# 98 K_GUN @ 07/10/14 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
I've been harping on this now for the last few weeks. I have yet to hear a single mention of the Ignite engine being put to use for Madden 15. They claimed last year that it was going to benefit them greatly, but I don't see a single "asset" used from another game like Fifa that does pretty much everything better than Madden being implemented.

This is what bothers me most about Tiburon, no matter who is in charge there. They've blatantly lied to us time and time again. They've claimed new features were going to change the way we play the game and almost EVERY TIME those new features create more problems than solve.

It's like, damnit, stop implementing new features that barely get used and are almost always broken and just fix the core game. JP is excited because Cam is trying to fix the foundation and then get to the "cute" stuff, lol? What!?!?

It's the complete opposite! Are these ridiculous animations and transitions that need complete overhauling "cute stuff"? Is basic football fundamentals the AI never is programmed for (DB/WR interactions; Oline/Dline schemes and proper techniques like setting the edge DEs/OLBs or not looking like an idiot after getting beat and sticking with your guy for Olinemen; WR awareness really mattering when thrown to early instead of it being almost automatic every time and they adjust magically to where the ball was thrown even while not looking, etc... ) "cute stuff"?

But, yeah... the tackling cone isn't cute. That's fundamental right there. Dlinemen/OLBs beating great Tackles like Trent Williams so bad he falls off of them like he weighs 20 pounds because I timed my button press right in some overpowered mini-game... that's fundamental. Being able to switch the camera so I can look at my players buttocks better on defense is clearly fundamental. Yup.

I guess I can't wait until the "cute stuff" comes.

I know they've done some things to solve the issues like true step and implementing a physics engine... but it's like they can't just do it right. Instead, they focus so much of their resources on these sideshow items that don't really affect the game much and, if they do, it's a negative impact because it's overpowered and people find a way to cheeze the crap out of it. Just focus, damnit. You can't tell me that casual fans want to see these silly things over a completely transformed, life-like football game that plays and looks authentic! How can that not be something marketable?

do something about it.......get off these game boards and actually do something.....gather signatures for a petition & get a lawsuit going

# 99 thesubmittedone @ 07/10/14 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
do something about it.......get off these game boards and actually do something.....gather signatures for a petition & get a lawsuit going
I wouldn't know what to sue them for? Sucking?

Lol, there's nothing we can do outside of pray, complain and hope they care enough to listen. Our hands are tied with the exclusivity agreement and it's really the NFL that needs to get the message. I mean, this message board should be enough of a "petition" if they really cared. Every single one of us has essentially signed it outside of a few here with our enraged comments, lol.

But, yeah, I think this message board is as effective a way as there is. I have no doubt that if so many here hadn't complained legitimately about the issues in Madden it'd be in an even worse state than it already is.

# 100 Demoncrom @ 07/10/14 09:29 AM
I like the concept of more control over the defensive line. Love it even. Its about bloody time. but, lets hope these moves are not overpowered and and that stats still play a part in level of success. We should see more hurrys and impacts on the QB but not 20 sacks a game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.