Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.

UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.

New and Updated Content
  • Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
  • Updates to fighter records
  • Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
  • Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
  • Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
  • Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
  • Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
  • Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
  • Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
  • Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
  • Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
  • Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
  • Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
  • Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
  • Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
  • Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
  • Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
  • Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
  • Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
  • Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
  • Fighters can change stances while blocking
  • Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
Career
  • Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
  • Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
  • Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
  • Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
  • Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
  • Fixed an issue with Mat damage
  • Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
  • Various replay fixes

Source - EA Forums

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/26/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
- Dont know if this was in the game before but you can switch stances using the directional buttons.
Yeah you were always able to do that, because I have always done that a lot. Of all the new fighters they could have added, Mike Pyle definitely didn't pop into my mind of who they should add. I was hoping for Dos Anos or Diego Sanchez

# 22 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/26/14 01:08 PM
I love this UFC team! I can't wait to try this patch later, I already enjoyed the game a lot as it was.

# 23 pdandy @ 08/26/14 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Very pleased with this patch.

I used to love to play against the AI in UFC3 and I'm glad to see that the EA MMAI is much stronger now.
Played a ton of matches against pro AI today. Since I know that the AI dev frequents this board, I would like t provide my 2 cents:

- Make the AI less likely to standup from guard and half guard positions. Make the AI work that GNP. I saw Josh Koscheck AI do this multiple times against me using Robbie. Similar when I used Ross against Khabib; Khabib has a huge advantage on the ground but it didn't seem like the AI was taking advantage of that. I still remember playing against Undisputed 3's GSP or Chael AI. Those AIs were dead set on getting the fight to the ground and smothering the player. I hope to see EA MMAI play like this.
- Would like to see ground based fighters go for more takedowns and clinch takedowns. Played Lawler against Maia AI and he seemed like Maia was content on standing with me.
+ Haven't seen this called out but it seems like the AI isn't standing up from mount anymore so that's great!

Robots, I played more deliberate mismatches on the ground to see how the AI attacks:
Barry (me) - Werdum
Pearson (me) - Maynard
Hunt (me) - big nog
Lawler (me) - Sonnen

Standup:
- Generally improved a lot!
- I would make the AI use weak block a bit more to avoid parry fests which is very common at Pro difficulty.

Ground:
- Scratch the last part of previous post. Saw Werdum and Sonnen standup from full mount dominant. That needs to stop. Saw big nog stand up two times from side control.
- Continued to see AI that is being lit up on the feet try to standup from full guard dominant, half guard dominant, stacked guard dominant and full mount dominant. I would intentionally not block transitions and only block enough punches to not turn fully red. The AI still stands up even though it is winning by a big margin on the ground.
- Would definitely like to see a bit more takedown attempts.
- Did takedowns get tuned? I noticed that I'm being taken down much less by the AI when they make standard attempts. Was success rate decreased because of the kick catch takedowns?
- Would love to see strong wrestlers get a drive into full guard move from sprawl bottom.

Clinch:
- Same dominant position issue as on the ground. AI will let go of MT clinch and back control even though the AI is landing plenty of flush strikes. And the AI was the one who initiated the clinch to begin with.
- AI needs to mix in more clinch takedown attempts.

# 24 sportsfan8812 @ 08/26/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah you were always able to do that, because I have always done that a lot. Of all the new fighters they could have added, Mike Pyle definitely didn't pop into my mind of who they should add. I was hoping for Dos Anos or Diego Sanchez
I'm with ya. Pyle is kind of a head scratcher for me. Dos Anjos, Bermudez, Rumble, Assuncao, Lombard, Kennedy all would have made a lot more sense.

# 25 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/26/14 01:23 PM
Looks like we just released a trailer for the new patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCo...ature=youtu.be

# 26 sportsfan8812 @ 08/26/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Looks like we just released a trailer for the new patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCo...ature=youtu.be
That Nick Diaz taunt is awesome!!

# 27 FaM0us Skins @ 08/26/14 01:39 PM
I hope Bobby Green and RDA is chosen in the next update

# 28 aholbert32 @ 08/26/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
I'm with ya. Pyle is kind of a head scratcher for me. Dos Anjos, Bermudez, Rumble, Assuncao, Lombard, Kennedy all would have made a lot more sense.
Yeah. I wouldve named 15 other fighters before I got to Pyle. It seems their pattern is two no brainer additions and one headscratcher. Mizugaki and Pyle are the headscratchers.

# 29 zmcman1 @ 08/26/14 01:57 PM
Pyle's addition isn't that surprising now that I remembered he was featured in the short messages to your fighter in Career mode.

# 30 aholbert32 @ 08/26/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
aholbert32,

how much different is this game from the demo? I bought a PS4 2 weeks ago. I downloaded the demo and was less than impressed.
Light years. The demo was three patches ago. AI agression tweaks. Stamina tweaks. More animations. Sprawl animation and catching kicks added.

I'm not saying the game is close to perfect but the demo isnt exactly a good representation of the game now.

# 31 phillyfan23 @ 08/26/14 02:05 PM
hey aholbert,

in the fight you had against a cpu machida....how many strikes did he throw per round? and the whole fight?

thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

# 32 sportsfan8812 @ 08/26/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yeah. I wouldve named 15 other fighters before I got to Pyle. It seems their pattern is two no brainer additions and one headscratcher. Mizugaki and Pyle are the headscratchers.
I couldn't agree more. I was pretty shocked by Mizugaki lol. Pyle definitely took me by surprise as well.

# 33 aholbert32 @ 08/26/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
I'm just saying the aggression appears to be still too much. Yes you can;t compare but I've just had the 2nd round and he's threw 87 strikes, not slowing down.

91 strike in 1 round with acc clock is too much imho especially not swinging for hte fences and blocking and fighting sim like.

Also had a quick 1 round with Jones with normal clock, he threw 148 strikes in 1 round. As I said in my first post, more fights (and fighters) are needed but initial impressions aren't so good.

I'm an offline fighter so the lack of modes really highlights the lack on MMAi when all i've got is fight now. (Career mode is too dull for me)
Just did two rounds. One against Jones (High Aggression) and one against Machida (Low Aggression). Jones threw 86 in the first (I made sure to keep the fight standing so that the strike totals wouldnt be skewed). Machida threw 64 (couldve been less but I trade with him a little).

The numbers are a bit on the high side but I dont mind them because its a video game and I understand the need for action. I would be happier if the number skewed about 10-15 strikes thrown lower but you can clearly see aggression has been tweaked. Pre-patch, Machida was throwing 90 plus in the first round.

# 34 aholbert32 @ 08/26/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
hey aholbert,

in the fight you had against a cpu machida....how many strikes did he throw per round? and the whole fight?

thanks

Playing against him right now. First round - 64. Second round - 65. Third Round 61. Fourth - 58 Fifth -55

Small caveat for Round 2 though. He took me down and was in control for about 1 minute. He threw 10-15 punches in that position.

# 35 phillyfan23 @ 08/26/14 02:25 PM
u playing real time or accelerated aholbert??

# 36 aholbert32 @ 08/26/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
u playing real time or accelerated aholbert??

Accelerated. Real time is too long and the stats will be much worse.

# 37 Panicshade @ 08/26/14 03:05 PM
I went ahead and ordered a copy of this for PS4 from Walmart ($39.90)...the improvements and fighter additions from the patches seems like it has put the game in a lot better shape than the demo.

# 38 Motown @ 08/26/14 03:20 PM
Wow... AI Pacing & Patience...They DO exist!!! Thanks for listening EA Sports, props B. Hayes

# 39 Hiro1 @ 08/26/14 03:59 PM
Nothing but love for this development team and their persistence. That Diaz taunt KO was soo awesome.

# 40 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/26/14 04:15 PM
One suggestion I would make for UFC 2, since this seems like it would be very to patch is to alter the parry system. Right now it is not timing based. If you hold RT and y, when that punch comes you will parry it. What would be better is a timing based system. High block, low block, leg block. No general weak block. Parries would be a perfectly timed block. If you attempt a parry too soon, you miss, and eat an unblocked strike. To keep people from just holding block and being over defensive, you make clinches and takedowns unstuffable while they are holding block. This gives much more of a risk reward when going for a parry. Also counters should just happen when a fighter his hit while they are coming forward with reckless abandon. If they strike out of range and and I pop them while they are over extended and moving forward, it should be a more dangerous shot than If I just connected with a hook.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.