Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.

UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.

New and Updated Content
  • Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
  • Updates to fighter records
  • Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
  • Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
  • Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
  • Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
  • Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
  • Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
  • Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
  • Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
  • Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
  • Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
  • Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
  • Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
  • Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
  • Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
  • Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
  • Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
  • Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
  • Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
  • Fighters can change stances while blocking
  • Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
Career
  • Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
  • Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
  • Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
  • Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
  • Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
  • Fixed an issue with Mat damage
  • Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
  • Various replay fixes

Source - EA Forums

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DBMcGee3 @ 08/27/14 09:10 AM
I played a match this morning against the CPU and I really like the changes. The aggressiveness is much more realistic, and also it was a great idea to allow kicks to be caught when guys are gassed. It really eliminates the endless strings of head kicks that I would always see before. The funny thing is, making the CPU less aggressive actually increases the difficulty in my opinion, because there are so many less chances to parry and counter, which is where the most damaging strikes come.

I'm anxious to get home this afternoon and play some more, good job EA!

# 62 unBEARable @ 08/27/14 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Normal. Another example: I fought Carmont (who has low aggression) and he averaged around 55 strikes around.
That's interesting cause I'm on pro. I test some fights out later with some of the people you've fought see if there is any difference. Cheers for the stats!

# 63 jeremym480 @ 08/27/14 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Normal. Another example: I fought Carmont (who has low aggression) and he averaged around 55 strikes around.
I only fought one fight last night, a five rounder with Matt Brown (me) vs. Maia. Maia averaged about the same as Carmount did for you. IIRC in Round Five her threw 61 strikes and that as the only time he broke 60.

I'm a very conservative fighter and I found myself being the aggressor and initiating first most of the fight. I almost have to re-learn how to play because I was so used to the AI "out pointing" me solely on output alone.

I have to say even though I only played one fight it really got me excited, not only about the game, but the direction of this series. To see all of these significant post release patches is just awesome. Plus, it's going to make the next game that much better because they have a better foundation to build on.

I can't wait to see more from this team!

# 64 countryboy @ 08/27/14 09:54 AM
I really wish there was a way to patch in a GM Mode. (ex: Universe Mode in WWE series)

Guess I'll continue to do my own and keep stats myself.

# 65 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/27/14 10:29 AM
I must of missed this, cant wait to download it later.

# 66 CYST2000 @ 08/27/14 12:13 PM
Enjoying the patch. Just a possible heads up. When playing on the ps4 post patch, I've noticed that the replays are choppy. Everything else is great. Keep it up.

# 67 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/27/14 12:25 PM
One thing I noticed post patch is that the CPU, regardless of fighter is a blocking, swaying and parrying machine now on the higher difficulties. I was playing on Hard:

Maia, Stipo, Woodley were blocking, parrying and swaying my combos like they were Floyd Mayweather.

I managed to get Maia rocked up against the cage with Robbie Lawler, Maia while rocked went on to sway and parry my next 15 punches while his back was up against the cage. I was thinking wow, is this Maia or Floyd Mayweather ?

I noticed all fighters I fought against, which was about 8 of them last night, all did the same thing. So now a lot more of my fights are going the distance.

# 68 davidbix @ 08/27/14 01:51 PM
Not sure if this is the domain of either dev who posts here, but why is Robbie Lawler so underpowered in the game and will that be fixed? He's way too slow with not nearly enough KO power. Nothing like how he's looked in his real life fights since returning to the UFC.

# 69 EccentricMeat @ 08/27/14 02:15 PM
This patch looks excellent! I only have two questions:

I know this is unlikely, but is there any way that SLIDERS can be patched into the game? I'm talking in-depth sliders like the NBA 2k series and even FIFA, where almost all aspects of gameplay can be edited (attributes, fighter tendencies, etc.).

And also, could the ability to edit each individual fighters' attributes also be patched into the game? The kind of roster editing you would see in Madden, for example? These two additions would be HUGE for the offline crowd!

# 70 2_headedmonster @ 08/27/14 03:25 PM
Loving this update, but i need a spike in power. im taking and landing too many power shots with not enough consequence. i could see of they were grazing shots, but these are FLUSH.

Im not necessarily asking for flash k.o results, but more (short) health events that dont lead to you getting pummeled, but backing up and regrouping in recognition of getting clocked. Fn champion had something like this, your energy would flash and you'd be momentarily buzzed, but your energy wouldn't drop like a drastic buzz.

or patch in sliders

# 71 Toma @ 08/27/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
This patch looks excellent! I only have two questions:

I know this is unlikely, but is there any way that SLIDERS can be patched into the game? I'm talking in-depth sliders like the NBA 2k series and even FIFA, where almost all aspects of gameplay can be edited (attributes, fighter tendencies, etc.).

And also, could the ability to edit each individual fighters' attributes also be patched into the game? The kind of roster editing you would see in Madden, for example? These two additions would be HUGE for the offline crowd!
Edit fighter would be amazing. Also, fixing things in the CAF/GameFace would also be awesome.

# 72 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/27/14 07:58 PM
Online is still unplayable, so kinda for not unfortunately.

# 73 The JareBear @ 08/27/14 08:04 PM
EA UFC Devs are doing a great, great job.

This patch makes me want to take a fighter through career mode in every weight class now.

I gave the game a six when it came out. The post release support has been incredible, and I probably would give it an 8 now, very good especially for first year.

Glad I went digital so I kept the game

# 74 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/27/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
EA UFC Devs are doing a great, great job.

This patch makes me want to take fighter through career mode in every weight class now.

I have the game a six when it came out. The post release support has been incredible, and I probably would give it an 8 now, very good especially for first year.

Glad I went digital so I kept the game
Thanks, that's much appreciated. A jump from 6 to 8 means a lot.

And we're not done yet...

# 75 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/27/14 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Thanks, that's much appreciated. A jump from 6 to 8 means a lot.

And we're not done yet...
Can you comment on your servers please?

# 76 aholbert32 @ 08/27/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
He cant. He can only comment of gameplay.

# 77 GameplayDevUFC @ 08/27/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Sorry, no idea. I've read some complaints on the forums but I'm completely out of the loop on it. No idea if it's us or something else.

# 78 countryboy @ 08/27/14 08:39 PM
Is it possible to patch in new modes? EX: GM Mode where I play the role of Dana White

# 79 tha_show256 @ 08/27/14 09:21 PM
I play online exclusively (ps4) and have 0 issues...there is some lag here and there, but for the most part my experience online is AWESOME! Could be your settings or ISP.

# 80 tha_show256 @ 08/27/14 09:23 PM
Kudos to the developers for all there hard work! I love the patch, I'm having a hard time enjoying Madden, because I LOVE this game! Madden is a beast this year for those don't know btw...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.