Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Earlier this evening, EA Sports held a Twitter Chat with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien. A few items were confirmed such a create-a-player, new camera angles, and better presentation elements. Unfortunately, sliders will not be in the game, for the second straight year.

Read the full transcript below to find out some new details on NBA Live 15.

Will there be a create a player?

Sean: Yessir.

Will NBA Live 15 have sliders?

Sean: Not this year Steve.

Will NBA Live 15 have any new legends?

Sean: Plenty! More details to come.

Are there new camera angles this year?

Sean: Yes there are Wynston!

What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

Great improvements. Is it possible to up the crowd/announcer reaction to big plays?? expected a bigger reaction on lebrons dunk

Sean: Yes, working on that right now actually!

Since I played Live 14 all year, how much of the improvements in 14 (last update) will be in 15?

Sean: 100%

What made you guys choose Lillard over players like PG and John wall

Sean: He embodies our brand identity! #OnTheRise #HumbleButHungry

Are we going to have a better rising star mode and A deeper dynasty Mode !!!

Sean: Absolutely. More info to come.

Do you guys have more signature jumpers this year?

Sean: Yes, plenty of new signature styles - jumpers, dribbles, celebrations, etc.

WHAT WILL YALL HAVE SHOWING FOR HALFTIME ?

Sean: Full ESPN Broadcast Package.

Can you release Victor Oladipo's screenshot and rating?

Sean: Yessir 82 OVR for @VicOladipo!

Will there be roster updates every week?

Sean: Player tendencies updated after every single game through Synergy Sports. Rosters will be kept up-to-date all season.

Will there be BIG Moments/Rewind content from last season at launch?

Sean: Absolutely. BIG moments will be even bigger.

Did you guys improve post at all?

Sean: Yea the team has done a great job improving animation fidelity.

Will players put up realistic numbers in both gameplay and simulation?

Sean: In simulation, absolutely. Gameplay depends on many factors including how you choose to play with him!

are we going to see players fighting for position this year for post and rebounds advantage?

Sean: Yes, some really cool new interactions down there.

I'm wondering if the player IQ will be high? Tired of players doing weird stuff unnecessarily

Sean: Agreed, and that's part of what we're still working on - player AI.

are you guys doing any graphical tweaks before release

Sean: What you saw in the Visuals Trailer is close-to-final graphics. Still polishing animations.

I'm very curious of what Durant looks like in the game. Wish we could get a screen of him.

Sean: Wish I could show you too... He looks incredible.

Is his body type tall and thin just like in real life?

Sean: He's spot on. Best Durant out there.

what's your favorite new part of gameplay

Sean: I'd have to say control and responsiveness, especially when dribbling, as well as the physicality you feel when attacking the rim.

will defense be better this year can you intercept n steal passes this year

Sean: Yes and yes.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
So, you are claiming that every game that didn't have sliders was great out of the box?

How did you come to this conclusion? The point is if it's not tuned enough that I can play right out the box something is wrong with the game. If players are making 90% of there lay ups or only 10% of drives end in fouls that's a problem that shouldn't have been there to begin with. If you or I can correct these things by simply pressing some buttons why aren't they tune in the 1st place.

# 22 SageInfinite @ 09/08/14 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
1st not a fan of the series. I'm just open minded. I killed Elite 11 and Live 14. I declared this series dead after last years game. You can go back and check
I ain't trynna come for you, but it's just funny to me you're saying you're being open minded but don't think games need sliders, lol. I play plenty of games out the box, I'm not a slider dude, but that doesn't mean every game shouldn't have as much customization as possible. Everybody doesn't play or view things the same, so sliders are a must imo nowadays. I don't even really use those ****s.

# 23 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:17 PM
Quote:
So, you are claiming that every game that didn't have sliders was great out of the box?

I'd rather be stuck with a game that needs tweaking - and be able to do it, than a game that is great for some but not for me - and I can't tweak it.

Edit: How did you like Sony's basketball series on PS3?

My point is some things are fundamental to basketball and should be in the game day one without me having to touch anything. There shouldn't be such egregious flaws in style of play. I don't dislike sliders and I understand customization, but some of the things you have to use slider for just to get decent play in a lot of the sports games since sliders became "standard" is over the top.

# 24 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 09:18 PM
Quote:
1st not a fan of the series. I'm just open minded. I killed Elite 11 and Live 14. I declared this series dead after last years game. You can go back and check

Also this has been my stance on sliders for years. Even when EA had them in their games. This is also well document here at OS. So please don't try to paint my opinion as some blind loyal fan making excuses. That couldn't be any farther from the case.

Oh, j definitely peep history before I make a comment...

Wasn't trying to paint you as anything though, just hard to fathom this viewpoint. There's a reason there a slider sub forum for every game on this board....

# 25 DonWuan @ 09/08/14 09:18 PM
Okay the no sliders thing was mentioned with the nlsc interview, why are you all surprised?

# 26 youvalss @ 09/08/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
How did you come to this conclusion? The point is if it's not tuned enough that I can play right out the box something is wrong with the game. If players are making 90% of there lay ups or only 10% of drives end in fouls that's a problem that shouldn't have been there to begin with. If you or I can correct these things by simply pressing some buttons why aren't they tune in the 1st place.
Agree with you about ideally not needing to tweak anything - I'd love that. That SHOULD be what you buy. But who can promise that this game won't have any issues like that?

Just because they give you the option, doesn't mean they decided to get lazy and ignore your wish for a fine product out of the box, in my opinion. I'm sure there are TON of people who enjoy games on default settings (I'm pretty sure I've had that happened in the past). But that's not a very common situation, especially that there are many different playing styles by different people.

We both want good products out of the box, I'm not arguing here. I just don't believe it is possible for everyone who buys the game these days.

# 27 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/08/14 09:20 PM
There is no acceptable excuse in the 2014 for ANY Sports Games to NOT allow you to customize it to YOUR liking. Absolutely none.

And to rely on any company to get complete 100% representation/simulation of an actual NFL/NBA/MLB game that you see on TV is being naive and there's no other way to put it especially since they've been trying for how many years now and have still yet to get it right? Somebody tell me how this is worth a full $60 again?

# 28 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 09:22 PM
Sliders aren't even designed to be a band aid or fix for anything (even though they can be)...they are a way to customize your personal experience...nothing new...

# 29 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I ain't trynna come for you, but it's just funny to me you're saying you're being open minded but don't think games need sliders, lol. I play plenty of games out the box, I'm not a slider dude, but that doesn't mean every game shouldn't have as much customization as possible. Everybody doesn't play or view things the same, so sliders are a must imo nowadays. I don't even really use those ****s.

What is it that all hardcore gamers talk about. A game being "SIM". Which to me means as much like the actually sport as possible. If the game out of the box isn't the best representation of said sport to me that's a failure on the designers.

# 30 SageInfinite @ 09/08/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
What is it that all hardcore gamers talk about. A game being "SIM". Which to me means as much like the actually sport as possible. If the game out of the box isn't the best representation of said sport to me that's a failure on the designers.
You're absolutely right, I don't even mess with sliders like that, I want the game to give me a realistic experience out the box, but my realistic might not be someone elses realistic. Sliders imo should be for personal experience not for fixing the game, so I agree there.

I look at it like online gaming. I'm not an online sports gamer, but in this day and age, it would be unacceptable for a game to not have online modes and features. I will almost NEVER use them, but I don't think games shouldn't have them, because there are a ton of people who enjoy them. Same with slider customization

# 31 aholbert32 @ 09/08/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
To YOU. And what the best representation is may be different between me and you..and thats why sliders are needed.

# 32 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
There is no acceptable excuse in the 2014 for ANY Sports Games to NOT allow you to customize it to YOUR liking. Absolutely none.

And to rely on any company to get complete 100% representation/simulation of an actual NFL/NBA/MLB game that you see on TV is being naive and there's no other way to put it especially since they've been trying for how many years now and have still yet to get it right? Somebody tell me how this is worth a full $60 again?

So it's naïve for them to make a well tuned game, but it's common sense that they should leave you the responsibility to tweak the game themselves. If you can get a game good enough by tweaking sliders that game could have shipped that way. If the average player converts at the rim at 60% over the last 10 years there's no way I should get the game and player covert at 20%. That's not a "you like to play one way I like to play another way" issue. That is a flaw in the game. And if I can go to the sliders and raise the amount of basket made at the rim to get it close to that 60% average that should have been in the game already.

# 33 youvalss @ 09/08/14 09:38 PM
da ThRONe, trust me, I'm one of the lazier gamers. I don't mess much with rosters and/or sliders unless I have to. Even when I was playing on the PC I didn't bother much with mods and patches, since I believe that if that's what you're doing all day, eventually the patches become the goal - not the way to reach the goal, and you end up not having time to play...

Anyway, I still find myself tweaking my sliders to me likings, and making some player edits. I'm probably not even half of the sim-head as some (most?) of the guys here, but I did feel the need tweak the game to my likings. Which is the same reason why I don't use a set of sliders provided by one of the good guys here - without tweaking it. I just can't.

A game with no sliders is the way the developer though it should be played. It's an opinion of a person(S) about the representation of the real sport. It still doesn't mean that it represents the sports the way I see it or you see it, even if those developers are geniuses at programming and are NBA-encyclopedia people.

# 34 Sinner @ 09/08/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You'd be surprised to see what even 1 day of tweaking and altering can do.
Ok cause when I see animation and especially AI quality that along seems like it can be a lot of trouble and could lead to other problems trying to fix.

# 35 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 09:43 PM
I wonder if the tendencies will actually update after every game this year...they don't HAVE to say that...I think most of us would be ok with weekly...it's just that it's a tall order that they couldn't back up after saying it in 2010 and 2014...

# 36 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 09:47 PM
different camera angles sound good finally!

# 37 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To YOU. And what the best representation is may be different between me and you..and thats why sliders are needed.

Again most aspect of basketball isn't just "me" it basketball. I shouldn't be able to shoot 75% on fadeaway 3pt jumpers, or converting 90% of lay ups. That's not sim ball. That's what the difficulty levels should be for.

I don't see one area that sliders should be able to change that shouldn't be tuned coming in so that it produces an on court performance similar to what you get in real basketball. With things like synergy in the game why should guys be putting up statistical anomaly minus the sliders?

# 38 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 09:53 PM
Quote:
Again most aspect of basketball isn't just "me" it basketball. I shouldn't be able to shoot 75% on fadeaway 3pt jumpers, or converting 90% of lay ups. That's not sim ball. That's what the difficulty levels should be for.

I don't see one area that sliders should be able to change that shouldn't be tuned coming in so that it produces an on court performance similar to what you get in real basketball. With things like synergy in the game why should guys be putting up statistical anomaly minus the sliders?

that's the beauty of it . what if he wanted to shoot 90% on layups and 75% on 3 pointers.

# 39 El_Poopador @ 09/08/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
I never liked that difficulty changes shot success. I believe difficulty levels should only affect the CPU AI, but that's another discussion entirely.

Quote:
No one is saying they shouldn't strive to get the most realistic playing game out of the box. But let's say player A is a basketball guru, and is getting realistic stats because they know the ins and outs of the game. But player B isn't as familiar with basketball, but enjoys playing the game anyway. Sliders can help player B to get realistic stats, while not playing with as much intelligence and basketball IQ as player A.

It all comes down to options. If the game is amazing out of the box, then that's fantastic. But if someone doesn't feel that an aspect is not right, the option to adjust it should be there.

# 40 da ThRONe @ 09/08/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
da ThRONe, trust me, I'm one of the lazier gamers. I don't mess much with rosters and/or sliders unless I have to. Even when I was playing on the PC I didn't bother much with mods and patches, since I believe that if that's what you're doing all day, eventually the patches become the goal - not the way to reach the goal, and you end up not having time to play...

Anyway, I still find myself tweaking my sliders to me likings, and making some player edits. I'm probably not even half of the sim-head as some (most?) of the guys here, but I did feel the need tweak the game to my likings. Which is the same reason why I don't use a set of sliders provided by one of the good guys here - without tweaking it. I just can't.

A game with no sliders is the way the developer though it should be played. It's an opinion of a person(S) about the representation of the real sport. It still doesn't mean that it represents the sports the way I see it or you see it, even if those developers are geniuses at programming and are NBA-encyclopedia people.

There will be no prefect game. We all know that. There aren't too many "black and white" issues in life. To me having an accurate representation of what I see on my on game day in my videogame is one of those black and white things. There's more than enough data available to have the game as close as possible without sliders IMO.

What does somebody else want in the game that I don't or vice versa that is or isn't SIM?

Bottom line I won't skip a title because it does or doesn't have sliders. Just see them as a luxury not a must and I think they allow designers the option to not finely tune or correct fundamental flaws in the game because they know it can be "mostly" be managed with sliders.

We can all agree to disagree.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.