Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Earlier this evening, EA Sports held a Twitter Chat with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien. A few items were confirmed such a create-a-player, new camera angles, and better presentation elements. Unfortunately, sliders will not be in the game, for the second straight year.

Read the full transcript below to find out some new details on NBA Live 15.

Will there be a create a player?

Sean: Yessir.

Will NBA Live 15 have sliders?

Sean: Not this year Steve.

Will NBA Live 15 have any new legends?

Sean: Plenty! More details to come.

Are there new camera angles this year?

Sean: Yes there are Wynston!

What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

Great improvements. Is it possible to up the crowd/announcer reaction to big plays?? expected a bigger reaction on lebrons dunk

Sean: Yes, working on that right now actually!

Since I played Live 14 all year, how much of the improvements in 14 (last update) will be in 15?

Sean: 100%

What made you guys choose Lillard over players like PG and John wall

Sean: He embodies our brand identity! #OnTheRise #HumbleButHungry

Are we going to have a better rising star mode and A deeper dynasty Mode !!!

Sean: Absolutely. More info to come.

Do you guys have more signature jumpers this year?

Sean: Yes, plenty of new signature styles - jumpers, dribbles, celebrations, etc.

WHAT WILL YALL HAVE SHOWING FOR HALFTIME ?

Sean: Full ESPN Broadcast Package.

Can you release Victor Oladipo's screenshot and rating?

Sean: Yessir 82 OVR for @VicOladipo!

Will there be roster updates every week?

Sean: Player tendencies updated after every single game through Synergy Sports. Rosters will be kept up-to-date all season.

Will there be BIG Moments/Rewind content from last season at launch?

Sean: Absolutely. BIG moments will be even bigger.

Did you guys improve post at all?

Sean: Yea the team has done a great job improving animation fidelity.

Will players put up realistic numbers in both gameplay and simulation?

Sean: In simulation, absolutely. Gameplay depends on many factors including how you choose to play with him!

are we going to see players fighting for position this year for post and rebounds advantage?

Sean: Yes, some really cool new interactions down there.

I'm wondering if the player IQ will be high? Tired of players doing weird stuff unnecessarily

Sean: Agreed, and that's part of what we're still working on - player AI.

are you guys doing any graphical tweaks before release

Sean: What you saw in the Visuals Trailer is close-to-final graphics. Still polishing animations.

I'm very curious of what Durant looks like in the game. Wish we could get a screen of him.

Sean: Wish I could show you too... He looks incredible.

Is his body type tall and thin just like in real life?

Sean: He's spot on. Best Durant out there.

what's your favorite new part of gameplay

Sean: I'd have to say control and responsiveness, especially when dribbling, as well as the physicality you feel when attacking the rim.

will defense be better this year can you intercept n steal passes this year

Sean: Yes and yes.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Synergy barely worked(at all?)last year yet we're supposed to have faith in EA that it'll work again? Especially to replace not having the OPTION of sliders?

I just said this in the other thread. My whole premise is that sliders are necessary because the developers are failing in other areas. You remove those failures you remove the need for sliders IMO.

# 62 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Then maybe NBA live won't be for him. If EA is trying to make a simulation then that's the goal. Synergy will be the server sliders If you will. Synergy won't be needed when people can ignore its implementation and change sliders
Also there will be different levels. He wants to put up those unreal stats than play on rookie.

# 63 venga @ 09/09/14 01:10 AM
Offline Playoff and/or Season mode ???..

# 64 snocone @ 09/09/14 01:11 AM
The main issue is that what feels sim is going to vary from person to person. Its not actual basket, and as such there will also be various levels of interpretation of how input on this weird controller thing should correlate to how the guys on screen move and react. As such, everyone needs to be able to tweak the game to make it play the most realistic for themselves.

# 65 Ermolli @ 09/09/14 01:20 AM
I wished that during the extra month they found a way to put sliders in but it is what it is,;I don't buy the lack of technology to put them and editing in, is this the 1980's?

# 66 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
The main issue is that what feels sim is going to vary from person to person. Its not actual basket, and as such there will also be various levels of interpretation of how input on this weird controller thing should correlate to how the guys on screen move and react. As such, everyone needs to be able to tweak the game to make it play the most realistic for themselves.

I think where people are losing me is on the word "realistic" it's IMO far less subjective as some are trying to make it. I think what people are saying is that we should have sliders so people can play the games as unrealistic as they want to. Which seems like it's the opposite of what I hear from game designers. I don't think I've ever seen a sports game designer gave detail descriptions about how unSIM they are trying to make their games. Even then I'm sure some kind of arcade mode coupled with the difficulty levels can be installed to give causals something less realistic.

# 67 23 @ 09/09/14 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think where people are losing me is on the word "realistic" it's IMO far less subjective as some are trying to make it. I think what people are saying is that we should have sliders so people can play the games as unrealistic as they want to. Which seems like it's the opposite of what I hear from game designers. I don't think I've ever seen a sports game designer gave detail descriptions about how unSIM they are trying to make their games. Even then I'm sure some kind of arcade mode coupled with the difficulty levels can be installed to give causals something less realistic.

I think you should agree to disagree and move on. Its not even a debate, you don't think its necessary and everyone else does. There isnt a conversation in the world you're going to have to move people from that side because its basically taking something away from them that works for them. I dont care if a game was 99.5% perfect, you still don't take away people's options.

# 68 Tomba @ 09/09/14 02:03 AM
NO SLIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????? ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO SLIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????? ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 69 Tomba @ 09/09/14 02:04 AM
Ok rant over. no sliders? come on really? we were all BUT HURT for not having em last year AND NOW YOU AGAIN OMIT IT?

# 70 Playmakers @ 09/09/14 04:46 AM
I'm not going to say what I really want to say about EA's direction with this series the past few years now....So I'll keep clean

To be quite frank this is why I don't post very much at all on the Live boards because it's obvious they have moved on from things like sliders that allowed us to customize the gameplay to fit our needs and instead they are forcing us to play B-Ball their way because somehow or someway they got the feedback that their way represented the best gameplay out of the box hands down and their AI is superior to anything we've ever seen before........

It's really not even worth the time complaining about it anymore you can either buy their game and play it the way they want you to play it or you can keep your $60 bucks in your pocket and wait til NEXT YEAR AGAIN.....

Either way I don't think they give a rats u know what.....which is obvious since they completely ignored one of the biggest request (Sliders) on these boards and probably several other gaming sites.

Ask EA to take a look at the Roster and Sliders forums over here and compare it to their rivals if they think it's not a big deal to their customers...

Those boards have been pretty much useless for the past 2 years now and that won't change this year either because of the lack of editing control we have.

# 71 TheRealMrRager_ @ 09/09/14 05:36 AM
He said "best Durant out there" lmao. I found that hilarious.

# 72 TreyIM2 @ 09/09/14 06:01 AM
Wow, no sliders. Hope EA either has pending plans to patch them in later because maybe there wasn't enough time to work them in properly or they wake up and realize how important they are then patch them in because as most of us know, those are highly necessary to customize sports games to our liking, these days.

Other than that, no qualms frkm this chat. Need to play a demo.

# 73 grodbetatted @ 09/09/14 06:44 AM
I honestly don't see the big deal about the sliders.. i feel the game should play the most "sim" out of the box... Sliders aren't used to make the game more sim per the user, to me its more to make the game EASIER for them. 2k and EA alike have the game on specific settings because that is what best represents basketball. I've seen people adjust sliders and play and I'm like really? Watching them play is horrid and definitely not an accurate simulation of basketball... its an eye sore that the basketball gods wouldn't appreciate.

# 74 nick_sr @ 09/09/14 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrRager_
He said "best Durant out there" lmao. I found that hilarious.
have you seen their durant? just curious

# 75 Gramps91 @ 09/09/14 07:05 AM
I think no sliders suck but it's not a deal breaker yet. Some of the gameplay released look decent.

# 76 El_Poopador @ 09/09/14 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I honestly don't see the big deal about the sliders.. i feel the game should play the most "sim" out of the box... Sliders aren't used to make the game more sim per the user, to me its more to make the game EASIER for them. 2k and EA alike have the game on specific settings because that is what best represents basketball. I've seen people adjust sliders and play and I'm like really? Watching them play is horrid and definitely not an accurate simulation of basketball... its an eye sore that the basketball gods wouldn't appreciate.
So if, out of the box, the CPU is able to predict passes and jump the lane 50% of the time you throw a pass, you're fine not being able to adjust that?

Yes, some people use the sliders to give themselves a huge advantage, but sometimes being able to tweak something that feels a little off can make a huge difference.

Quote:
2k and EA alike have the game on specific settings because that is what best represents basketball.
Yet the two games play very differently. Why is that? If one of them really was what "best represents basketball," there would be no need to make a new game next year. They could just release a roster update and be done with it.

# 77 GisherJohn24 @ 09/09/14 08:46 AM
I'im not a programmer, but I assume there is a lot of resources used for programing for slider interaction and how it affects AI and every aspect of the game. The focus on the game is obviously gameplay and that's what I always wanted. Again, remove what you need to get the game on the court playing right, then worry about modes and sliders later. I support EA doing this. It's about resources and focus.

# 78 stillfeelme @ 09/09/14 09:16 AM
Leaving all gameplay adjustments to Synergy and difficulty levels adjustment just sounds like a recipe for disappointment. No game will ever be tuned to the level the user wants. This is basic sports gaming 101. To me it sounds like they coded the game in a way that makes placing sliders difficult and then they have to test them which equals more time that they don't have now.

# 79 GisherJohn24 @ 09/09/14 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Leaving all gameplay adjustments to Synergy and difficulty levels adjustment just sounds like a recipe for disappointment. No game will ever be tuned to the level the user wants. This is basic sports gaming 101. To me it sounds like they coded the game in a way that makes placing sliders difficult and then they have to test them which equals more time that they don't have now.
I'd still rather they focus on the court than other things. Gameplay needs to be fixed and that's what they are doing .

# 80 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 09:39 AM
Sliders effect what's on the court....they aren't there to adjust the menu..

They could work solely on gameplay for an extra year for all I care, but they're handicapping themselves with the decision.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.