Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NLSC has posted episode 95 of their podcast, this week features the return of Leftos to the show with a goldmine of information! In depth info on MyGM and MyLEAGUE as well as insights on what it's been like to work on the NBA 2K development team.

Some key points within the podcast include:
  • New pro scouting feature.
  • How the progression system has been changed.
  • A new in-season training system in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
  • No more CPU Position Stacking.
  • Storylines for draft picks in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.
  • A number of legacy issues related to free agency fixed.
Official Description text: "Leftos was also able to give us a great deal of information on MyGM and MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K15, expanding on some recent blogs and interviews, and letting us know about a few things that haven’t been talked about too much. In addition to explaining the basic features and differences between the two modes, Leftos gives us some in-depth insight into player progression and regression, the injury system, customisation options, and much, much more."

The podcast is a weighty 2.5 hour listen, but it's definitely worth it if you want in-depth info on this year's game.

Listen to the podcast at the NLSC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 zrtelford @ 09/17/14 06:54 PM
OMG. I am a 39 year old sports gaming nerd. And at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I am more jacked for this game than I have been In a LONG time (maybe since techmo superbowl release in 93).

I am strictly a Offline Franchise player, and oh man, all the time and effort that has put into this release has me thinking this might set the new standard for Franchise modes.

Kudos to the features you have added, I look forward to delving deep into the game next month. I skipped 2k14. Just felt it would be better to give you guys an additional year on the new consoles. Im glad I did, as this will be something special in sports gaming.

# 62 BluFu @ 09/17/14 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Someone's gotta take one for the team and drop some cliff notes.

tried not to include stuff that were in previous articles and interviews. still might have missed something though.

New Stuff:

Free Agency
-no position stacking
-CPU takes into account the coach's style of play and 'personality' (as well as team needs) when signing or drafting guys

Development
-3 categories of attributes: Fundamental, Tactical (IQ), Conditioning

-Tactical attributes develop later on (if not high already)
-Conditioning peaks early and dwindles later
-Fundamental has a basic development curve with little drop off
so basically, top notch shooters (like Allen for example) remain good when old, are wiser with experience, and don't speed down the court.

-all 3 categories of attributes can be developed further on days with no games. or it can be a rest day, you choose. player personalities are affected by your decisions though. guys with no work ethic badge may not want to be in the gym all the time and respond negatively.

-you can develop players to whatever playstyle you want. if you think a guy you just drafted would be better suited to fill a specific playstyle, you can choose that option and the game will put him in training camps that mold his attributes towards it. again player personalities take affect and the players will come to you and tell you if you're not training them towards a style that they even like.

-some player personality badges: work ethic, expressive, egotism, motivated, reserved

General
-per 36 stats are IN (no more having to use my phone calculator!! lol)
-coaches have a Bench Depth (5-13 instead of 0-100) and Bench Utilization (determines minutes of bench players)
-SimCast (allows you to jump into games or continue on in simulation)
-huge variation of team win totals and player talent
-assistant GMs can do some conversations for you but this can piss players off
-age, measurements, ratings and contracts can all be edited

**besides the conversation system & 30 team control, all of the new features and improvements are shared between MyGM and MyLEAGUE**

(someone put this in the OP lol)

# 63 RocketTMac1 @ 09/17/14 07:36 PM
I'm in love with MyLeague but hearing Leftos talk about this improved MyGM I might dive into that mode as well. I wasn't a fan of NBA 2K14 MyGM but what he is talking about makes it more difficult.

1. MyLeague: Sounds great. Regarding playbooks I would love for coaches playbooks that are edited being carried over to the next team that hires them. Like Doc Rivers custom playbook being transferred with him if lets say he replaces Pop from the Spurs after he retires. Everything else sounds great. Love the customization. The draft combine sounds freaking epic. Glad college shooting range is taken into account and it doesn't necessarily translate into being a great shooter in the league

2. MyGM: Has been added to my must play list with MyHornets.

Everything sounds great. Is that the old school Oprah theme in my head?

# 64 Turbojugend @ 09/17/14 09:11 PM
Listened to the pod on my commute. I was already planning on buying 2K15, but afterhearing Leftos' excitement and enthusiasm I preordered on the way home. Really looking forward to the game.

Also, kudos to VC for their grassroots approach to both PR and game development. We need more companies like this.

# 65 jpshua15 @ 09/17/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

tried not to include stuff that were in previous articles and interviews. still might have missed something though.

New Stuff:

Free Agency
-no position stacking
-CPU takes into account the coach's style of play and 'personality' (as well as team needs) when signing or drafting guys

Development
-3 categories of attributes: Fundamental, Tactical (IQ), Conditioning

-Tactical attributes develop later on (if not high already)
-Conditioning peaks early and dwindles later
-Fundamental has a basic development curve with little drop off
so basically, top notch shooters (like Allen for example) remain good when old, are wiser with experience, and don't speed down the court.

-all 3 categories of attributes can be developed further on days with no games. or it can be a rest day, you choose. player personalities are affected by your decisions though. guys with no work ethic badge may not want to be in the gym all the time and respond negatively.

-you can develop players to whatever playstyle you want. if you think a guy you just drafted would be better suited to fill a specific playstyle, you can choose that option and the game will put him in training camps that mold his attributes towards it. again player personalities take affect and the players will come to you and tell you if you're not training them towards a style that they even like.

-some player personality badges: work ethic, expressive, egotism, motivated

General
-per 36 stats are IN (no more having to use my phone calculator!! lol)
-coaches have a Bench Depth (5-13 instead of 0-100) and Bench Utilization (determines minutes of bench players)
-SimCast (allows you to jump into games or continue on in simulation)
-huge variation of team win totals and player talent
-assistant GMs can do some conversations for you but this can piss players off
Bless your soul ...

# 66 jpshua15 @ 09/17/14 09:23 PM
^^Now are all these features (namely player development) exclusive to MyGM, or are there available in MyLeague too?

# 67 Hassan Darkside @ 09/17/14 09:25 PM
Good listen, actual talk about the game starts around the 39 min mark if anyone's gonna give it a listen.

Leftos, does the Today association feature return this year? To clarify, not like live season like was asked in the podcast but the feature that let you begin an association on the current date.

# 68 BluFu @ 09/17/14 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshua15
^^Now are all these features (namely player development) exclusive to MyGM, or are there available in MyLeague too?
in both, i'll update post

# 69 Colts18 @ 09/17/14 09:39 PM
@Leftos

If I have my rotations (all teams) set from my main menu, will those reset when I enter into MyGM or MyCareer? This has been a bug in the game since 2K11. It was fine before then. I hate having to redo my rotations after they had already been set before hand.

# 70 Colts18 @ 09/17/14 09:44 PM
Quote:
So how does this work in conjunction with Player Rotation Minutes?

For example, if I have Bench Depth set at 7. But I have given minutes to players 1-8, what overrides what?

# 71 BluFu @ 09/17/14 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
So how does this work in conjunction with Player Rotation Minutes?

For example, if I have Bench Depth set at 7. But I have given minutes to players 1-8, what overrides what?
aaand we're gonna need Leftos back in this thread.. it was a brief mention from what i remember

*apologies to Leftos in advance if it was mentioned in the podcast lol

# 72 Cowboy008 @ 09/17/14 10:00 PM
One thing that I haven't heard mentioned is the interviews at halftime and at the end of the game. Has that been expanded upon or was that left untouched?

# 73 raiderphantom @ 09/17/14 10:01 PM
Just a guess but I would think rotations override coach profiles. I think coach profiles would dictate how a CPU controlled team would set their rotation. But if it's a user controlled team the rotation probably takes priority. Just my thoughts.

That bench depth slider always killed me. I'd never know where to set it for the CPU so 5-13 is a nice change. Leftos was pouring his heart out for 2 hours. Good stuff!

# 74 Colts18 @ 09/17/14 10:27 PM
I just never understood why there was a Bench Depth Coach SLider when there were already MPG set in rotations.

# 75 Leftos @ 09/17/14 10:37 PM
Bench Depth and Bench Utilization are for the automatic rebuilding of the rotations, which the user can opt to use, and which is used by the AI for the CPU-controlled teams.

# 76 TUSS11 @ 09/17/14 10:49 PM
A couple quick questions:

1. Will CPU controlled teams use players like Ginobili and Jamal Crawford in a sixth-man role?

2. Will generated rookies be assigned realistic animations (no more guards with Bill Cartwright's jumpshot) and accessories (no more players looking like Ninja Turtles with sleeves and bands everywhere)?

# 77 jpshua15 @ 09/17/14 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
A couple quick questions:

1. Will CPU controlled teams use players like Ginobili and Jamal Crawford in a sixth-man role?

2. Will Generate Rookies be assigned realistic animations (no more guards with Bill Cartwright's jumpshot) and accessories (no more players looking like Ninja Turtles with sleeves and bands everywhere)?
^^^^This

# 78 Eman5805 @ 09/18/14 12:05 AM
Quote:
I have to assume this applies to MyPlayer as well. Hopefully this means fewer weird lineup choices. Or teams that bench their a big chunk of their starting lineup for stretches of close games in the 4th quarter.

And frankly, I'd be pleased if you didn't see a ton of players with the Harden beards. It just ain't common, though he is making it popular, you just don't see it all that often.

# 79 cowboy_kmoney @ 09/18/14 12:30 AM
Oct.7th need to hurry up...

# 80 allBthere @ 09/18/14 01:34 AM
In my player I would like to play less minutes than Lebron James and have the ability to sub myself out

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.