Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NLSC has posted episode 95 of their podcast, this week features the return of Leftos to the show with a goldmine of information! In depth info on MyGM and MyLEAGUE as well as insights on what it's been like to work on the NBA 2K development team.

Some key points within the podcast include:
  • New pro scouting feature.
  • How the progression system has been changed.
  • A new in-season training system in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
  • No more CPU Position Stacking.
  • Storylines for draft picks in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.
  • A number of legacy issues related to free agency fixed.
Official Description text: "Leftos was also able to give us a great deal of information on MyGM and MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K15, expanding on some recent blogs and interviews, and letting us know about a few things that haven’t been talked about too much. In addition to explaining the basic features and differences between the two modes, Leftos gives us some in-depth insight into player progression and regression, the injury system, customisation options, and much, much more."

The podcast is a weighty 2.5 hour listen, but it's definitely worth it if you want in-depth info on this year's game.

Listen to the podcast at the NLSC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 eaciv973 @ 09/18/14 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
So how does this work in conjunction with Player Rotation Minutes?

For example, if I have Bench Depth set at 7. But I have given minutes to players 1-8, what overrides what?
In Choops2k8 (The NFL2k5 of VC's basketball projects), Bench Depth would override Player Rotation. You (and CPU) were only able to allocate player minutes between the number of players set by the Bench Depth limit. May be the same thing here?

# 82 Melbournelad @ 09/18/14 06:14 AM
Was Total Sim Control mentioned (or whichever feature is replacing it)?

# 83 Skuxx24 @ 09/18/14 08:03 AM
Hay Leftos great pod man enjoyed just a quick question in regards to injuries in my league remember you saying a couple of months back that you and the dev team were looking at implementing manuel injuries similar to what mlb the show does was that able to make it in for this years cycle or not?? Be great if we could add the Paul George injury before my league started

# 84 mrprice33 @ 09/18/14 08:57 AM
One thing I haven't really been able to wrap my head around:

What are things that are in myleague that are NOT available in MyGM? 30 team control is one, I assume.

# 85 kmoser @ 09/18/14 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
Already been confirmed there is manual injuries in MyLeague

Can you do this in MyGM or is it only on MyLeague?

# 86 BluFu @ 09/18/14 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
One thing I haven't really been able to wrap my head around:

What are things that are in myleague that are NOT available in MyGM? 30 team control is one, I assume.
30 team & the conversation system are the only differences (announced) between the modes

# 87 BenjiA @ 09/18/14 09:40 AM
I believe in MyLeague you won't be able to set your merchandise and concession prices or build team kiosks. So no 'owner mode' in MyLeague.

# 88 jfk014 @ 09/18/14 09:43 AM
I cant wait to see how the d league is incorporated in mygm.

# 89 dpower15 @ 09/18/14 09:48 AM
I'd like to listen to the pod but won't have a chance until tonight after work. That's awesome 30 team control is back, can you edit all aspects of the players in MyCareer if doing 30 team? Most importantly can you edit contracts and player ratings? That was a big way for me to keep the league flowing well for multi years in last gen installments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 90 MrZone @ 09/18/14 10:55 AM
Has anyone came across info about adding legends to draft classes?

Also, anyone come across info about adding teams as you advance in your MyGM?

I'm not sure if 2K is going this route, I would love to recreate the history of the NBA if I possibly could with expansions and historic draft classes (I know people would have to create historic classes, but hey, it would be awesome if you could add what I mentioned above to them.)

# 91 zrtelford @ 09/18/14 11:16 AM
Simple question. Will we be able to play preseason games in the 1st season we participate in in either MYGM or MYLEAGUE?
For some reason before you started at the beginning of the regular season. I just like having those preseason games to mess around with my team (ala the show) I know I can play quick games to do said task, and I know preseason game are available in the subsequent seasons.

# 92 ffaacc03 @ 09/18/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I dont recall hearing the name (total sim control) within the podcast, then again, english is not my native language, plus I was at work (couldnt focus) ...

I somewhat understood that the gameplanning vs opponents would not only serve for oncourt defensive and offensive sets/settings against each team, but also these edits would be considered when simming, therefor, giving an unprecedent level of control ...

Hope that Leftos or Davez could confirm, deny or elaborate further about this.

Also, loved that in My League you can edit "anything" of existing players, even age (again, if I am not missguided by my non native english) ... injuries, personalities and the "apparent" improvements to the AI GMs and the roster managing should make these modes the reference for all further sports games ... then again, IMHO, as there are more variables that incide, unexpected bugs and complexity in refining the loops within the logic are things to watch.

One thing I didnt hear tho, was anything related to player roles ... starters, 6men, etc. Hope they can also elaborate about this.

# 93 countryboy @ 09/18/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk014
I cant wait to see how the d league is incorporated in mygm.
I don't believe that D-League is in the game at all

# 94 BluFu @ 09/18/14 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone
Also, anyone come across info about adding teams as you advance in your MyGM?
can't add players or teams once you start. you can make a roster in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
it's in this article. near the bottom

Spoiler

# 95 City_foxx @ 09/18/14 03:09 PM
I would like the ability to interact with the coach during my career games during time outs. Ie... Time out is called you are prombted to 'speak uo' which brings up a sub menue 1. Coach im gassed/put me in coach 2 he killing me/let me gaurd him. 3 get me the ball (maybe more specific options like 'he too little' or he cant hold me) 4. Inspire team (you give a motavational speach to your team possibly boosting thier atrributes for a short time). All of these option could yied positve or negative results based on team chemestry, coach trust or game pre formance. For example you have taken 17 shots have 0 assist and ask coach to run plays for you he may reciol benching you instead saying something along the lines of 'you got alot to learn about how we play here in (incert teame here )

# 96 City_foxx @ 09/18/14 03:17 PM
#2 he killing me in depth. Depending on coach tendenty, your teamtes atrributes and team chemesty your coach may switch a defensive assignment, go to zone, tell you to step it up or bench you. demanding to gaurd a player, coach may switch you on him or tell you to 'trust your teamates." this could lower team chemestry for insulting your teamate but raise 'coaches trust'. Sorry miss spells and weird posting style 1st time poster =)

# 97 City_foxx @ 09/18/14 03:30 PM
I just couldnt resist posting 1 more thing i would love if the coach was more involed in mycareer practices. In stead of always scrimmageing it could alternate between scrimmage and practicing offensive sets with the coach explain ing the movement and reads in the play. This could opean up story elements where its a close game down the stretch and the coach calls a time out to run that play. You can of course ignore him call iso and try hero ball, decreasing his trust. Or run the play gaining trus and raising chemestry. I can help but thik of jackie moon and semi pro here with 'puke'. Also the abitlity to just skip practicte promting medea back lash local fan support loss and posspble being traded 'think iverson' and 'we talkin bout practice' =)

# 98 richmo @ 09/18/14 04:41 PM
How do "potential" rating and "work ethic" work together? Is potential still used, and do they overlap?

# 99 Leftos @ 09/18/14 04:52 PM
Potential still acts as the ceiling of a player. His work ethic along with the training regime will have a role on whether he ever reaches it, and if so, how fast.

# 100 BluFu @ 09/18/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Potential still acts as the ceiling of a player. His work ethic along with the training regime will have a role on whether he ever reaches it, and if so, how fast.
i think i missed it, but was there any talk on an 'anti work ethic badge'?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.