Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NLSC has posted episode 95 of their podcast, this week features the return of Leftos to the show with a goldmine of information! In depth info on MyGM and MyLEAGUE as well as insights on what it's been like to work on the NBA 2K development team.

Some key points within the podcast include:
  • New pro scouting feature.
  • How the progression system has been changed.
  • A new in-season training system in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
  • No more CPU Position Stacking.
  • Storylines for draft picks in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.
  • A number of legacy issues related to free agency fixed.
Official Description text: "Leftos was also able to give us a great deal of information on MyGM and MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K15, expanding on some recent blogs and interviews, and letting us know about a few things that haven’t been talked about too much. In addition to explaining the basic features and differences between the two modes, Leftos gives us some in-depth insight into player progression and regression, the injury system, customisation options, and much, much more."

The podcast is a weighty 2.5 hour listen, but it's definitely worth it if you want in-depth info on this year's game.

Listen to the podcast at the NLSC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 clipperfan811 @ 09/19/14 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I'd like to listen to the pod but won't have a chance until tonight after work. That's awesome 30 team control is back, can you edit all aspects of the players in MyCareer if doing 30 team? Most importantly can you edit contracts and player ratings? That was a big way for me to keep the league flowing well for multi years in last gen installments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They haven't talked about MyCareer at all yet but you can edit players/rosters at any time during MyLeague.

# 122 canucksss @ 09/19/14 10:53 AM
Im so pumped up that we could put our face in MyCareer and MyGM modes. In case you dont have PS4 camera yet....here's a good deal

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...ion-4/28802343

I ordered mine yesterday and picking up today. It comes to less than $45.

# 123 TarHeelPhenom @ 09/19/14 11:22 AM
Will fatigue play a role in injuries. For example, out the box Derrick Rose is susceptible to having knee injuries. So if I overworked him(big minutes in gam and training outside of games), will that increase his likelihood of getting injured?

# 124 Leftos @ 09/19/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD90
Leftos, i have a question about the gameplan.
We can set up a different gameplan for each opponent once the season starts. This includes starting lineups and rotations, correct?

What happens when one of my players gets injured? Do i have to change all gameplans? Will the game automatically substitute this player and put him back on the gameplan when he is healthy again?
How does it work?
Gameplans need to be manually taken care of (although you can go into them and ask for the rotations to be automatically rebuilt, and you can copy-paste them from other gameplans). If a gameplan against a specific opponent isn't valid for use (injuries, trades, etc.) we'll use your "All Teams" gameplan which is guaranteed to always be valid. As long as you go into your gameplan and fix anything up before the game, you should be good. If a player gets injured but then returns from injury, a gameplan that was valid before his injury should still be valid after he returns, if you don't touch it. We didn't want to do too much without the explicit consent of the user. This is a hardcore feature and we know hardcore users want control on their hands, not assumptions leading to automated choices out of their control. That said, it's our first year doing this feature, so I'll be scouring the forums for feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Will fatigue play a role in injuries. For example, out the box Derrick Rose is susceptible to having knee injuries. So if I overworked him(big minutes in gam and training outside of games), will that increase his likelihood of getting injured?
Yes.

# 125 CD90 @ 09/19/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Gameplans need to be manually taken care of (although you can go into them and ask for the rotations to be automatically rebuilt, and you can copy-paste them from other gameplans). If a gameplan against a specific opponent isn't valid for use (injuries, trades, etc.) we'll use your "All Teams" gameplan which is guaranteed to always be valid. As long as you go into your gameplan and fix anything up before the game, you should be good. If a player gets injured but then returns from injury, a gameplan that was valid before his injury should still be valid after he returns, if you don't touch it. We didn't want to do too much without the explicit consent of the user. This is a hardcore feature and we know hardcore users want control on their hands, not assumptions leading to automated choices out of their control. That said, it's our first year doing this feature, so I'll be scouring the forums for feedback.
Thanks for answering so quick.
Using the "All Team"-gameplan instead of forcing the user to change the opponent-orientated gameplans because of one injury is a great solution.
I know i will love this feature

# 126 Kodii Rockets @ 09/19/14 01:59 PM
Quote:

Yes.
Leftos, again, thank you for your hard work on the editor and now in your career.

I was wondering how much a system like this is utilized by the CPU in season/game? Do they put their best defender on your superstar now? Will they actually sag off of shooters, or know to double team/deny your dominant big down low? Do they make in game adjustments besides a double team during the game(i.e, deny ball, hedge adjustments, etc.)?

As phenomenal as I always felt the game is/was, I feel that this is an area that 2K never really capitalized on, which I feel would be an awesome point to capitalize on in regards to immersion. Situations like the old Kobe, LeBron, Ron Artest being placed on that guy to lock him down if need be.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule and answering our questions, so if you don't get to my queries, it's definitely understandable, but any information you can impart on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

# 127 cowboy_kmoney @ 09/20/14 11:26 AM
Hey Leftos will u at least ket us knw if we will get the injury system and the Draft for the 360 versión of the game. I dnt knw what all will make it in ir if Its been asked and thanks for all this 2k Team has made happen for this years game im so ready..

# 128 ffaacc03 @ 09/20/14 01:24 PM
Dont like how you cant create a player once within an started ML or MG (jusr rookies on draft classes) ... hopefully you guys (Leftos, Davez, Simballer) can implement that into 2k16 ... so we can add those always unexpected players that make their way to the league (IRL) even if only as 10 day contracts ? ...

Also hope that the new tech face scanning can be expanded to also consider modeling from pictures ... something like the competition had, but more advance.

Also, since there is some kind of uncertainty about how much would the capspace be expanded within the next few years (IRL), would love to have a say on that, on been able to set it onto some specific number as each season passes.

# 129 jfk014 @ 09/20/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Dont like how you cant create a player once within an started ML or MG (jusr rookies on draft classes) ... hopefully you guys (Leftos, Davez, Simballer) can implement that into 2k16 ... so we can add those always unexpected players that make their way to the league (IRL) even if only as 10 day contracts ? ...

Also hope that the new tech face scanning can be expanded to also consider modeling from pictures ... something like the competition had, but more advance.

Also, since there is some kind of uncertainty about how much would the capspace be expanded within the next few years (IRL), would love to have a say on that, on been able to set it onto some specific number as each season passes.
Yeah that a issue most likely you have to restart your association if that 10 day contract is sign to the remainder of the season.

# 130 tabarnes19_SDS @ 09/20/14 09:25 PM
Maybe I have missed it, but has any of the smaller intricacies of the CBA been incorporated? Namely the stretch provision and the ability to offer "veterans minimum?"

# 131 InvisibleAndre @ 09/21/14 04:02 PM
This is somewhat "icing on the cake", but are badges able to change throughout a player's career? Obviously the tiered ones will be able to, but for example can a player go from an Alpha Dog to a Beta Dog ('06 Wade to '12 Wade) or vice versa ('01 Kobe to '08 Kobe)?

# 132 CookNBA03 @ 09/22/14 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Maybe I have missed it, but has any of the smaller intricacies of the CBA been incorporated? Namely the stretch provision and the ability to offer "veterans minimum?"
I don't think so unless I missed it, I think 2K will add some stuff after this year. They said they're thinking about sign and trades, I really wish they implement the full CBA into the game though.

# 133 countryboy @ 09/22/14 07:51 AM
Are we able to edit generic coaches or create coaches for MY GM/League? I've always wanted to be able to create some of the top college coaches and put them into my Association to see how they would fare.

# 134 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/22/14 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
I don't think so unless I missed it, I think 2K will add some stuff after this year. They said they're thinking about sign and trades, I really wish they implement the full CBA into the game though.
Sign-and-trades and protected draft picks are a must in today's NBA landscape IMO.

# 135 CookNBA03 @ 09/22/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Sign-and-trades and protected draft picks are a must in today's NBA landscape IMO.
Exactly what I said but apparently they don't believe in draft pick protection for some reason.

# 136 Leftos @ 09/22/14 12:55 PM
It's not whether we believe in them or not, it's that in a yearly cycle you have to prioritize what you're getting into the game, and yes, draft pick protections didn't make the cut this year. Doesn't mean we don't want to put them in the game.

# 137 bigmike0077 @ 09/22/14 03:42 PM
huge MYGM player. Just wanted to know if the dynamic attendance is improved this year. Like if my team starts the season 5-20, i wont have 100% attendance right? I read somewhere that fans will leave early during blowouts

# 138 jeremym480 @ 09/22/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
It's not whether we believe in them or not, it's that in a yearly cycle you have to prioritize what you're getting into the game, and yes, draft pick protections didn't make the cut this year. Doesn't mean we don't want to put them in the game.
Did 3-team trades make it in?

# 139 Trackball @ 09/22/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Did 3-team trades make it in?
It's been confirmed that, sadly, no, it's not in this year. Probably next year.

# 140 TUSS11 @ 09/22/14 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
A couple quick questions:

1. Will CPU controlled teams use players like Ginobili and Jamal Crawford in a sixth-man role?

2. Will generated rookies be assigned realistic animations (no more guards with Bill Cartwright's jumpshot) and accessories (no more players looking like Ninja Turtles with sleeves and bands everywhere)?
Hey Leftos, just wondering if you can answer these, please.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.