Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game. These can be used in MyCAREER and MyGM modes.

Check out the video to see how it works.

UPDATE: You can re-face scan at any point as you wish. Grow a beard? Have a nice goatee? Get a shiner? All up to you. Will update on spot.

If you are looking for a PlayStation 4 camera, they are on sale for $40.21.

Check out the official press release below.

2K today revealed all-new, in-game face scan technology for next gen consoles that enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before. Players can scan their face into NBA 2K15 directly through native, first-party camera hardware, allowing them to take customization to a new level for their MyPlayer. Now players can see themselves live the life of an NBA athlete in MyCareer mode and play alongside familiar faces online in multiplayer gameplay modes. With 2K’s facial scanning technology, NBA 2K15 will be the first game on next gen consoles to allow players to create a true, 3D representation of their face.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 VDusen04 @ 09/17/14 01:28 PM
I'll be curious to see how easily a gamer can make their face look authentic and natural. As in, will it be a pretty tight process where scanning leads to a very small amount of sculpting in order to make things look real? Or is it going to take a talented creator to make everything look seamless? Or something in between?

Further, will gamers have to use in-game haircuts?

# 2 cdk10 @ 09/17/14 01:29 PM
So, I'm guessing no pic upload?? Still cool tho.

# 3 JBulls @ 09/17/14 01:29 PM
Nifty, I especially like the part about being able to adjust the model afterwards.

# 4 Bealdor @ 09/17/14 01:36 PM
Not for PC?

# 5 HowDareI @ 09/17/14 01:36 PM
It looks like it scans your face/beard but not hair...

Please, please 2K, have some normal fades lol.

And since my goatee hangs off my chin I hope it reflects that in game, won't be too picky tho.

# 6 Dmanning2 @ 09/17/14 01:37 PM
Someone predicted this weeks ago up here and people shot him dow..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 Bowinkle08 @ 09/17/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game.

Check out the video to see how it works.
i wonder if you have to get that close with the kinect?

# 8 Factzzz @ 09/17/14 01:43 PM
I just hope you can choose different body types this year, last year every myPlayer was built like lebron james

# 9 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/17/14 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
Someone predicted this weeks ago up here and people shot him dow..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JUST SAYING, but he DID "predict" this after the interview with Rob Jones where they ask him about face scanning technology.

# 10 lakers24 @ 09/17/14 01:58 PM
Well, at least all those park guys and crew guys can stop complaining about everyone looking the same.

# 11 Jadakiss88 @ 09/17/14 02:10 PM
Not a complaint I think this is cool but is this the News that would break the internet...?

# 12 UNabomb @ 09/17/14 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
JUST SAYING, but he DID "predict" this after the interview with Rob Jones where they ask him about face scanning technology.

the fact is that he predicted it none the less.

# 13 SladeWilson @ 09/17/14 02:18 PM
Will this just be for the MyPlayer mode? Or will we be able to take this to your standard create a player mode? Kick *** feature either way.

# 14 jarviswise @ 09/17/14 02:25 PM
This should be an option for create a player too... It would be really cool to have a team full of your friends and be in the league.

# 15 MAGboyswifT27 @ 09/17/14 02:26 PM
This is awesome but is Madden 15 not having Gameface this year?

# 16 lakers24 @ 09/17/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
This is awesome but is Madden 15 not having Gameface this year?
Well considering it's been out for a month I'm pretty sure it's not in.

# 17 swaggedout @ 09/17/14 02:34 PM
I wonder how many facial scans we re limited to. I would love to scan my brothers and a few friends to be free agents or Draft picks.

# 18 Moose Factory @ 09/17/14 02:35 PM
Just pre-ordered! Dear 2K, please continue to make EA look like amateurs.

# 19 seanbarkley @ 09/17/14 02:37 PM
Really cool feature that I'll definitely miss on PC. As a compensation for PC gamers they could show us the improvements they added this year to the CAP system...

# 20 RipCityAndy @ 09/17/14 02:45 PM
That's neat

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.