Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

LD2K answered a few questions about NBA 2K15 online leagues earlier this afternoon. Below are some of the details.
  • Can adjust # of teams, season length, difficulty/style, quarter length, trades, playoffs/Finals & custom rosters.
  • Can view player & team stats, standings, team rosters, trades and more.
  • Flex scheduling is in.
  • Admins can reset games.
  • No fantasy drafts this year.
  • Custom rosters are in Online Leagues, you could set up the rosters prior to setting up the league and having users select teams from there.
  • CPU controlled teams are in.
We have contacted 2K for a few more answers and we will update if we hear back.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Melbournelad @ 10/01/14 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxsc
Funny thing is I wonder if you're on payroll for vc!?? Seems like you choose to be an apologist for all things wrong with two k!! My prior posts on this forum stated my opinion! Stop stating facts if you have none!! Your opinion is just that an opinion, just as the people who are opposed to this decision n this direction they're taking with the mode! My conversation was geared toward who it needed to be geared to, don't recall quoting you so ironically it seems you are in the wrong conversation!! Hope they make it worth your while to waive the Pom poms!!
Yes, Boilerbuzz is on the payroll for VC, you have figured him out, great detective work.

# 162 threattonature @ 10/01/14 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Pretty much. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but here, in threads like these, we get outrage/anger/profane criticism.

A little civility in these cases could go a long way.
It can work both ways as well. I know for me my anger and frustration comes from the complete lack of info for years in regards to these modes. This goes back to Online Association in 2K12. I calmly went through every suggested mode. I posted on these boards about the issues, tweeted Ronnie2K and LD2K, created a support ticket and followed up on it. Even with the support ticket I included a bunch of screenshots of one of the bigger problems which was random players contract changing to 1 year $0. I provided all the supporting documents to go with it. After that was told we'll look into fixing that in next year's game.

The next year game and the same exact bugs existed as well as others. Went through all the steps again, listed the problems in the bugs thread, created more support tickets, even called into Da_Czar's show about it, asked anyone I seen from 2K that posted on if the issues would ever be addressed and could never get any kind of answer or resolution. Last years OAs came with even more severe game breaking bugs and once again could not get an answer on it.

Before the game came out the devs and 2k marketers would seem to answer or address any questions about the game minus online leagues. When people saw how bad they are and complained they largely were ignored. After a while people realize that you have to be obnoxious to get heard.

Look at all the Crew heads that would jump in threads nonstop redirecting them. They at least got a bone thrown their way with Crew on last gen and possibly The Park mode being more tailored to them.

# 163 Boilerbuzz @ 10/01/14 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
It can work both ways as well. I know for me my anger and frustration comes from the complete lack of info for years in regards to these modes. This goes back to Online Association in 2K12. I calmly went through every suggested mode. I posted on these boards about the issues, tweeted Ronnie2K and LD2K, created a support ticket and followed up on it. Even with the support ticket I included a bunch of screenshots of one of the bigger problems which was random players contract changing to 1 year $0. I provided all the supporting documents to go with it. After that was told we'll look into fixing that in next year's game.

The next year game and the same exact bugs existed as well as others. Went through all the steps again, listed the problems in the bugs thread, created more support tickets, even called into Da_Czar's show about it, asked anyone I seen from 2K that posted on if the issues would ever be addressed and could never get any kind of answer or resolution. Last years OAs came with even more severe game breaking bugs and once again could not get an answer on it.

Before the game came out the devs and 2k marketers would seem to answer or address any questions about the game minus online leagues. When people saw how bad they are and complained they largely were ignored. After a while people realize that you have to be obnoxious to get heard.

Look at all the Crew heads that would jump in threads nonstop redirecting them. They at least got a bone thrown their way with Crew on last gen and possibly The Park mode being more tailored to them.
Wait... There was an OA last year? News to me. As for the contract bug, I was sure that WAS fixed. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'd like to see a thread that discusses it at least.

# 164 Lid @ 10/01/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Yes, Boilerbuzz is on the payroll for VC, you have figured him out, great detective work.

# 165 threattonature @ 10/01/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wait... There was an OA last year? News to me. As for the contract bug, I was sure that WAS fixed. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'd like to see a thread that discusses it at least.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html

# 166 Don Figures @ 10/01/14 03:50 PM
Hope 2K is reading all this. the show of numbers hopefully forces them to address.

# 167 lakers24 @ 10/01/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Is the announcement of the Squads a good step in the right direction for you guys? I liked it but im no expert on this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
They won't be satisfied until it's 2k11 with next gen graphics basically

# 168 jeremym480 @ 10/01/14 05:16 PM
Quote:
Is the announcement of the Squads a good step in the right direction for you guys? I liked it but im no expert on this

No. I have zero interests in squads, parks or whatever they're adding for those type of modes.

I want a fully functioning franchise mode, the same that other companies have had for 4-5 years now. Maybe that's too much too ask? IDK.... But that's what I need in order to even consider playing 2k online.

#IllKeepMyTalentsOffline
#OurTimeIsNotNow
#IfTheyBuildItTheyWillCome

# 169 silverskier @ 10/01/14 06:17 PM
So much for ThePark, for MyTeam, for MyLeague and MyGm, MyCareer, etc, but we still don't know if custom sliders, custom playbooks, practice mode, giving wins and losses, veto trades, kick users, reenter the league if not banned, etc, are in Online Leagues. I mean, no dev/ld2k/roonie2k is entering this thread at all?

# 170 ManiacMatt1782 @ 10/01/14 06:51 PM
It's less stripped than last year, but still stripped. as a predominantly online player, this one is on the hold out for black friday sale list, just like the stripped down NHL game. I might skip NHL entirely, and that is saying something given my Av. I have to say on the whole, Only Madden, and the Show have given us a true multiplayer experience on next gen consoles. I am not a fan of all of this stripping of options in these games particularly on the multiplayer side.

# 171 threattonature @ 10/01/14 07:24 PM
Quote:

The newly announced stuff is more for guys who liked crew and only controlling one player at a time. Has nothing to do with guiding a franchise.

# 172 Boilerbuzz @ 10/01/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature

I thought we were talking next gen. My mistake. As for franchise modes, take away the online aspect, MyLeague kills every other game. Next step is taking it online. But I'll admit that having is online is BIG non-starter for some, including me.

# 173 NDAlum @ 10/01/14 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
No. I have zero interests in squads, parks or whatever they're adding for those type of modes.

I want a fully functioning franchise mode, the same that other companies have had for 4-5 years now. Maybe that's too much too ask? IDK.... But that's what I need in order to even consider playing 2k online.

#IllKeepMyTalentsOffline
#OurTimeIsNotNow
#IfTheyBuildItTheyWillCome
My thoughts exactly!

I just can't get into modes where I create an individual character and have a MyCareer type mode.

# 174 lvnba @ 10/02/14 01:48 AM

# 175 silverskier @ 10/02/14 02:58 AM
Ok, so according of what @Da_Czar said yesterday in twitter, there won't be custom sliders in online leagues. Also, we won't be able to save our custom playbooks, but we are going to be able to change them during a game. Here, I didn't understand if we could put any specific play in the playbook or we'll have to switch the whole coach playbook from one team to another. But anyway, at least we have some info thx to @Da_Czar. Really appreciated.

# 176 loso_34 @ 10/02/14 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
Ok, so according of what @Da_Czar said yesterday in twitter, there won't be custom sliders in online leagues. Also, we won't be able to save our custom playbooks, but we are going to be able to change them during a game. Here, I didn't understand if we could put any specific play in the playbook or we'll have to switch the whole coach playbook from one team to another. But anyway, at least we have some info thx to @Da_Czar. Really appreciated.
Looked through his timeline..he didnt mention sliders.

# 177 lvnba @ 10/02/14 03:07 AM
Quote:
there won't be custom sliders in online leagues

# 178 lvnba @ 10/02/14 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
https://twitter.com/Da_Czar/status/517481904959139840

# 179 vannwolfhawk @ 10/02/14 03:13 AM
Quote:
Wow that's just awful! How do you not allow custom slider adjustments in a league? So I guess we have to live with 5 fouls per game, no one ever in foul trouble, 3's falling at high rate, inside shots and contested shots falling at high rates, etc? We have to trust they got it right for online play? In our league We like to play hall of fame because of smaller windows on shot success but from sounds of it all star sim was there main focus and is where they focused their energy as well as what the default online settings will be set at which leaves us no choice really but to have to play with those settings as well.

In years past we have adjusted blocks way up in 13 as there were no blocks and we had to adjust on ball defense because in online it was horrible trying to stay in front of defender with lag so we would counter that with higher on ball d. Then 2k never seems to get contact in the paint right with a nice balance so this is always another area we had to tweak. All of these things are for us to get sim experience that WE felt was sim and made the game more realistic and fun. With all the preaching of customization this year it's very disappointing to hear they didn't give us ANY in this area. It's not like this hasn't been discussed. If your going to have a online league then IMO do it right and listen to the community. Why take away something like this? As much as practice plays mode being gone last year and the disappointment I felt I did understand the short cycle and it being 1st year on next gen but this one has me baffled...

Then when it comes to no saved play books that means I'd have to waste 10 minutes before every game to add the plays that 1- aren't broken (hope none are this year as I know czar has worked hard to eliminate those but highly doubt this will be case) and 2- eliminate useless plays with not great action or takes too long to get into action I want and 3- add plays more conducive to my team and style that I want to play like or with. Not to mention I have to wait another 5-10 minutes for my opponent to adjust his play book. What a waste of time!

My only hope is with custom rosters we can add and adjust play books being tied to roster and then take them into our online league. Fingers crossed!

Apparently 2k now needs to hire a online league guru to help them in this area too... I do want to thank czar for having the ***** to answer the tough questions though and not running from it. I'd rather know now then wonder is it in? I knew the answer when we heard no answer though! It's their MO! Lol!

I'm so bummed about this now I'M wanting to #blowtheinternetup & #shutdowninternetmyselfwithwtfwereuthinking2kOnlin eleaguesajokenocustomizationwhat?!?!?!

# 180 silverskier @ 10/02/14 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34

https://twitter.com/Da_Czar/status/517481904959139840

Sergi@Nolegendhere 7 hhace 7 horas
@Da_Czar so, in Online Leagues: a)you can change coach playbook b)you can customize coach playbook selecting plays from different playbooks.

Da_Czar@Da_Czar 7 hhace 7 horas
@Nolegendhere No saved playbooks you can change playbook in game

moretins@moretinss 7 hhace 7 horas
@Da_Czar @Nolegendhere thanks. And can we change sliders in online leagues

Da_Czar@Da_Czar 6 hhace 6 horas
@moretinss @Nolegendhere No.

He also stated this

Da_Czar@Da_Czar 6 hhace 6 horas
@rieff_dreadedup @KSpade64 @LD2K @Ronnie2K @Beluba I don't work on or control the online info. or when we can answer questions.

Czar@Da_Czar 6 hhace 6 horas
@rieff_dreadedup @KSpade64 @LD2K @Ronnie2K @Beluba Listen This is my personal account. I'm not just here to answer your questions.

So I think that he has done more than enough for us. Really appreciate it

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.