Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #3 has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and should be released within the next 10 to 14 days for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Patch notes will not be released until then, but @LD2K tweeted a few nuggets.

Quote:
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

The gameplay team has been looking at all your feedback and patch #3 plays phenomenal. Lots of cheddar cutting too.

Patch #3 is also bringing some of the latest updates to face scanning.

He also notes frame rate issues at the Jordan Rec Center have been addressed, you will see improvements on defense, and for those of you with Online Leagues, all feedback is in the hands on the dev team. So it would appear as though this particular patch will not fix any issues in that mode.

UPDATE: (Response from LD2K) To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Soundtrack2C @ 12/01/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Yeah, play defense!

Against magical cpu putbacks? Lol

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

# 42 CRIP4LIFE @ 12/01/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.
i'm very familiar with the zig-zagging people do online... but what is "btb"?

back to the basket?

i wasnt aware this needed nerfing. what exploit was this?

# 43 luda06 @ 12/01/14 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE

back to the basket?

Assuming that's what it is. I'm curious to know what was wrong with the post game.

Hopefully, player positioning for defensive rebounds has been looked at as well. There has been moments in which players will just stand around and let the ball hit the floor, again.

# 44 Trackball @ 12/01/14 08:24 PM
I just hope that MyCareer rebounding becomes more challenging. It is WAY too easy to get boards in MyCareer.

I shouldn't be averaging over 20 boards a game.

Seriously, once had a 42-rebound game.

# 45 NDAlum @ 12/01/14 08:24 PM
Finally...been a long wait to get things started

Hope I see everything I want

# 46 vtcha @ 12/01/14 08:25 PM
I hope the ref passes the ball in an inbounds play instantaneously now. I literally spend probably 2 minutes per game bashing the X button (on PS4) waiting for the ref to pass me the damn ball ...

# 47 DonWuan @ 12/01/14 08:25 PM
Quote:

back to the basket?

Yeah btb is moat likely double tapping triangle, which gives you 100% open drive lane normally the defense can't counter.

I only play vs CPU but if defender is not in the post defense animation you press triangle and it's a easy dunk. Assuming that gets abused online.

# 48 DonWuan @ 12/01/14 08:30 PM
As much complaining that I've been doing the number 1 thing that irks my nerves is most Cpu waiting till the end of shot clock to attempt most field goals.

Tied at first is input lag

Close 2nd is clipping.

3rd is Cpu putbacks ability with players with no skill. Players who have hustle badges, I don't mind.

# 49 13CB55 @ 12/01/14 08:32 PM
Quote:

back to the basket?

behind the back dribble. #14 is way overpowered. you kinda get a speedburst and its unstoppable.

# 50 tbone05241997 @ 12/01/14 08:35 PM
I hope it addresses the lack of free throws and three point attempts offline

# 51 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 12/01/14 08:40 PM
Online servers for head to head matches needs to be addressed

# 52 lakers24 @ 12/01/14 08:45 PM
Some people's expectations need to be tempered about what this PATCH will do. This is still 2k15 not another game and second it's going to fix things yes but we should all know by now something else will end up messed up. It's how this stuff works. I'm just happy the art team is actually adding facescans DURING the season. Because I had completely lost hope

# 53 joosegoose @ 12/01/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack2C
I hope this addresses the player regression in my league

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
Seriously. I don't have the highest expectations, but it would make me so ridiculously happy. Especially since shooting/iq weren't supposed to be held to the same regression curve as other attributes to begin with.

I'm tired of seeing veterans losing the ability to make free throws.

# 54 BluFu @ 12/01/14 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Patch #3 is going to be a great one. Will try to provide more details but full patch notes will arrive with the patch within, hopefully, 10-14 days.

To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.
6 pages worth huh? good chance myleague crashes, alley oops, and headbands get fixed then

# 55 MFDOOMBOT @ 12/01/14 08:54 PM
They had me at "Fix 2K Camera lag in the Rec Center" I hate playing with the broadcast camera

# 56 tarek @ 12/01/14 08:54 PM
Progression/Regression tweaks. That's all i hope for. Having players progress based on the training selected, but more importantly, having regression target physical attributes and not mental. Having regression not affecting 28 year old guys! That's what I'm holding out for, it would make MyLeague and MyGM longevity skyrocket.

# 57 Goffs @ 12/01/14 09:02 PM
I hope shot clock cheese was looked at....

# 58 coolcras7 @ 12/01/14 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetTheBoysShoot
So they havent addressed the elephant in the room that plagues online play...
So you just ignore the fact that the patch notes have not been released.

# 59 GisherJohn24 @ 12/01/14 09:20 PM
Ref holding the ball for 20 seconds 5 times a game better be priority. Can't stand it

# 60 redsox4evur @ 12/01/14 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
Yeah this and lack of free throws are by far the 2 biggest issues with the game. I don't think this is going to be fixed but I sure hope I am wrong. I think it is going to not be fixed and it will be a weight in till next year thing.
The regression thing will def be a wait til next year thing. But using a customer roster the fouls issue has already been take care of. You need to go and just certain player tendencies. If you are on the X1, shoot me a PM and I will tell you of a roster and slider set that give realistic sim stats.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.