Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 geisterhome @ 12/07/14 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
FORWARD Compatibility Would that also mean roster files? Please let that mean roster files
What about new cyberfaces though?

# 62 Armor and Sword @ 12/07/14 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
FORWARD Compatibility Would that also mean roster files? Please let that mean roster files
Jethro,

Like I have said. Simply create a 30 team control franchise file for the forth coming 90 man 1987 set. Start it without even starting or playing your first spring training season. Now you have your master file. Upload to cloud then down load it from cloud on 15. Then upload your current 1987 franchise which you will be playing on 14, then download it to 15 and continue your current 1987 franchise.

Now you have a master save file with the roster in tact which you can start a new 1987 franchise with weever you want. Just never overwrite that master file and keep clouding it over to future iterations of the game.

Your good to go.

What I have done is made a log of all my master save files for all the great rosters this year (1994,1984,1978, 1996,97,98 OS All Time etc etc) and will one by one do this process to carry them over to 15. So even though roster save files themselves are not carry forward, you can make them so by creating master save files within the season mode (which is what I use all of them in except your forth coming 90 man 87 roster) and clouding them over to 15 before playing a single game so I have a master file to start a new season whenever I want. It does take time to upload and dowload as you can only do one files at a time. But it works. I did this from PS3 to PS4 (i have both versions of 14) and it worked like a charm.

Hope that helps.

# 63 NAFBUC @ 12/07/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
-if it would say "Franchise" there instead of "Diamond Dynasty", the kind of mode I care least about in ANY sportsgame, I'd be super excited.

^...agree, at least sync the franchise modes so you have the same features and stats for both online and 'offline'.

# 64 Bobhead @ 12/07/14 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
That difference, with and without visual, is in fact such a HUGE difference that I really doubt TV-style sport show is ever possible on a console game. If we are talking about just a bunch of cut scenes repeated over and over, then yes I presume it's possible, but it will go stale very quickly, just as all commentary do. And I just cannot see how capturing gameplay from a dozen games every day is possible, when the load time before each game is already substantial. And that's basically the reason we have the "sim" option to skip games to accelerate things. If we are expecting to sim away all those games and hoping the TV recap to show the some gameplay footage, it won't happen I think.

However, I find radio-style broadcast would be very promising and just as good, if the presentation is done very well (who knows it might not be all that better than the current commentary...). I grew up listening to WFAN following the Mets all the time, and baseball really is a decent sport to hear on radio. Hope it will be done well.
Well current load times include loading for human input, full engines, entire rosters, etc...
If the console were instead loading pre-defined cutscenes I'm sure the loading would be at least a little bit quicker, because you're only loading 18 players instead of 50, and you're loading a set sequence, so technically, there are a lot of mechanical elements that would never have to be loaded.

Granted I'm no computer expert, but I don't follow the assumption that the loading requirements for a 15-30 second segment of gameplay would be identical to that of a full 9 inning game that I participate in. I'd think that these TV segments can even be loaded behind the scenes (no pun intended). So while you watch the first one, the game is loading the 2nd one.

Plus they can simulate "commercials" to buy even more loading time. Not full breaks but I mean there's a lot of creative things you can do there.

# 65 Blzer @ 12/07/14 10:59 AM
Did they say radio PBP, or a radio show? Radio show might infer listening to a recap of the day's events in your franchise mode or something (basically overtaking your soundtrack as you go through menus and such). That's how I took it, at least. Maybe I'm wrong.

# 66 tnixen @ 12/07/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Do we?.......Stay tuned.
Well if I remember correctly and I may very well be wrong 3DO High Heat Baseball had Directional hitting where you could point the left stick in the direction you want to swing. So perhaps it will be something along those lines.

# 67 countryboy @ 12/07/14 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Did they say radio PBP, or a radio show? Radio show might infer listening to a recap of the day's events in your franchise mode or something (basically overtaking your soundtrack as you go through menus and such). That's how I took it, at least. Maybe I'm wrong.
it was radio show. And I'm thinking on the same lines as you blzer. I think we are going to get some type of wrap up show, whether it be daily or weekly.

# 68 Blzer @ 12/07/14 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemurOnion
Jury still out? The grass looked horrible again. See the other thread where I have a photo of Dodger sod. The trailer looks laughable in comparison for that specific detail anyway. Better load times is always good though.
I said "jury is still out" for two reasons:

1) They're still working on the game, so who's to say what will actually change from now till then.

2) Simply, I don't have the PS4 version, so I can't make the comparison from one to the next... but I know for a fact that the dirt and wall didn't look like that in Dodger Stadium last year. There's still hope for the grass, but that's all I'm leaning on right now (back to point #1).

# 69 aguero90 @ 12/07/14 11:59 AM
Directional hitting was in mvp, high heat and mlb slugfest. I agree the radio show most likely is something for rtts and other modes, although hoping for more descriptive pbp.

# 70 WatchdogXC @ 12/07/14 12:07 PM
Maybe the directional hitting is like the Japanese Konami Spirits games where one button tries to pull and the other slap hits.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 71 Nero84 @ 12/07/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It'll be their version of NBA 2K tv IMO.

# 72 Heroesandvillains @ 12/07/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm just curious as to what the radio show is and how it relates to the game.
I don't want to get ahead of myself here and think it's something it may not be and then be disappointed.

Can't wait though.

M.K.
Knight165
This is my thought as well.

For all we know it's a LITERAL radio show SCEA SD will host online on a periodic basis. Or it could be exactly what I'm hoping it is - weekly recaps within Franchise mode.

Definitely intrigued though.

# 73 Heroesandvillains @ 12/07/14 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No one is interested in directional hitting?
Talk to me like I'm stupid (which isn't a stretch ).

What is directional hitting?

# 74 aguero90 @ 12/07/14 12:50 PM
Think of it as using the left stick to decide where you want to try and hit the ball. Down to try and hit on the ground, up for fly balls, and left and right for pull and go the other way. At least this is what it was in other games.

# 75 vessel29 @ 12/07/14 03:47 PM
The radio show sounds interesting. Being that I'm still playing the PS3 version I hope the price difference ($40 for PS3 and $60 for PS4) doesn't mean that I'm getting half the game.

# 76 Jgainsey @ 12/07/14 03:51 PM
The radio show for '15 was just leaked...

Spoiler

# 77 Vermin @ 12/07/14 03:58 PM
These Universal Rewards sound a lot like what happened in NBA 2K with VC. Hope Sony was paying attention and doesn't make the same mistakes.

# 78 Perfect Zero @ 12/07/14 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin
These Universal Rewards sound a lot like what happened in NBA 2K with VC. Hope Sony was paying attention and doesn't make the same mistakes.
A lot of people were worried last year about the Stubs virtual currency being like that, and it wasn't anything like it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

# 79 Knight165 @ 12/07/14 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
A lot of people were worried last year about the Stubs virtual currency being like that, and it wasn't anything like it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Worried?
They practically called out the lynch mob.

M.K.
Knight165

# 80 Perfect Zero @ 12/07/14 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Worried?
They practically called out the lynch mob.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, it's funny how things change

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.