Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Knight165 @ 12/06/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The 10th edition of the franchise, MLB 15 The Show is a more immersive and exciting baseball experience than ever before with substantial improvements to both gameplay and graphics. New features include:
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ml...he-show/119163
Intriguing.

M.K.
Knight165

# 2 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/14 05:58 PM
I like the radio show idea and intrigued by it. The new lighting with shadowing and sunlight seems promising along with player personalities.

# 3 Factzzz @ 12/06/14 06:06 PM
Quote:
I wish it mentioned something about player models/body types.

# 4 PitholeCreek @ 12/06/14 06:17 PM
Quote:
Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
I wish they'd address the lighting issues caused by retractable roofs being open 100% of the time. Some real life ballparks rarely see natural sunlight.

# 5 countryboy @ 12/06/14 06:21 PM
Radio Show you say...hmmm...interested in hearing more about this new addition.

# 6 ShowTyme15 @ 12/06/14 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr7point5InchesNBPEL
The legends is only 1 player per team it says, which means that for teams like the Yankees, Cardinals, Athletics, Mariners, Red Sox your going to be missing out on a lot of history.

Who do you guys think are going to make it in as legends? For the Yankees, they can go so many routes, with them only being able to pick one you might not see Babe Ruth or Derek Jeter or Mantle or Dimaggio or Berra or Gehrig which hopefully means that we might get some sort of DLC of legends as well.

Which legends would you guys like to see that you grew up seeing play baseball? For me I would like if they added in Piazza, Griffey Jr, Johnson, Larkin, Biggio, and Pedro Martinez. Also I'm assuming that some teams like the Nationals are going to be getting Expos legends or that teams like the Marlins or Diamondbacks are going to get legends who spent their primes with other teams?
Even more shrinkage I see........

# 7 Mr M.Moss @ 12/06/14 06:42 PM
improved body types and tattoo's would be good

# 8 zippy2212 @ 12/06/14 06:44 PM
Some things sound very intriguing, radio show, carryover saves and licensed accessories. Legends maybe but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried that they mention revamped diamond dynasty but nothing about franchise. I would think that would be mentioned before DD. I hope its so many improvements they want it to be a huge anmouncement.

# 9 Hilman11 @ 12/06/14 06:53 PM
Sounds very good so far. I wish I didn't open this thread......i can't handle the anticipation!!!!!!

# 10 ty5oke @ 12/06/14 07:05 PM
Will be interesting to hear more about the radio show but I think about baseball tonight or MLB network when I think baseball highlights not a radio show.

# 11 marsl4445 @ 12/06/14 07:09 PM
Don't tell me rosters wont be year to year ,.,.please ...my eyes get really tired makn\ing all these faces,.,.

# 12 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/06/14 07:18 PM
Interesting. I wonder if the new radio show means they've also paid attention to revamping the pbp commentary. They might have new lines to say just for the radio show that they could pipe into a broadcast. I also wonder who the radio personalities are and if it's the same as the 3-man booth.

I will say that although '15 looks visually uninspiring compared to '14, a lot of these little details are building some intrigue...

# 13 RandyBass @ 12/06/14 07:45 PM
Kind of ho hum. Best thing revealed so far is improved load times.

# 14 tnixen @ 12/06/14 07:48 PM
This has me wondering if real time seasonal sun and shadows will be a new mode like Day and Night modes where you can pick it for exhibition games. So like for example if you start a game at 11AM the sky in the game would actually be showing an 11AM sky with accurate Sun and Shadows? So perhaps we now will have Day, Night and Real time as start times? And I would think Real time would be determined by the PS4 built in clock?

I actually have requested a Real Time mode in the past. So I hope this is indeed what it is.

Or Real Time could also just be for Season and Franchise modes.

# 15 agentlaw13 @ 12/06/14 08:05 PM
Quote:
Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
Ive been wanting to see something like this for awhile. Cant wait to see Corey Kluber's wide range of emotions!

# 16 countryboy @ 12/06/14 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Ive been wanting to see something like this for awhile. Cant wait to see Corey Kluber's wide range of emotions!
I'm hoping it involves something similar to what 2k does in basketball where players provide feedback with how they are feeling about playing time, success of team, etc...

We shall see in the coming weeks

# 17 aguero90 @ 12/06/14 08:15 PM
Ok guys, now I'm officially pumped!!! That radio show sounds awesome!! What do you think it is though? Hoping it means something good for pbp. As I like to say, audio is my visuals.

# 18 countryboy @ 12/06/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Ok guys, now I'm officially pumped!!! That radio show sounds awesome!! What do you think it is though? Hoping it means something good for pbp. As I like to say, audio is my visuals.
Its Ramone and the rest of the staff at SCEA singing all your favorite musical hits!

# 19 Bobhead @ 12/06/14 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Will be interesting to hear more about the radio show but I think about baseball tonight or MLB network when I think baseball highlights not a radio show.
Of course I'm just daydreaming but it IS possible that they plan to create all the tv/broadcast segments in a future year, and are just starting with a radio show for now. I mean the only difference between a radio show and a tv show is visual. Most of the lines they'd be using would work just as well.

# 20 Knight165 @ 12/06/14 08:22 PM
I'm just curious as to what the radio show is and how it relates to the game.
I don't want to get ahead of myself here and think it's something it may not be and then be disappointed.

Can't wait though.

M.K.
Knight165

« Previous1234567891415Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.