Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

More MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed by Target. They also have a special pre-order price of $39.99 for PlayStation 4 gamers, but many are getting errors when trying to get it at that price, (thanks for the heads up Gleebo)!

Some of the new details that have been revealed on their product page include a new New Human IK Engine, new Tag System, revamped commentary, overhauled Franchise mode and more.

For the first time, partnerships with real-world equipment brands will bring MLB-accurate bats, gloves, shoes, and batting gloves to the game. Customize your Road to The Show player in the best gear from the sport’s best brands.

It’s not just the gear that’s more authentic this year. Players and teams also have more unique personalities and styles plus a wide array of emotional reactions to all the heartbreak and triumph on the field.

And that field will be more action-packed with new animations, a new tag system, and completely new Human IK engine. In 2015, playing the field will be as exciting as stepping up to the plate.

MLB 15 The Show also features major graphical improvements. Enhanced stadium lighting, Improved gloss and specular, resulting in more natural lighting on players. Seasonal day/night transitions have also been added into the world of The Show.

And the improvements aren’t all animations and graphics. The game itself has gotten deeper with more ways to play, earn rewards, and put together a Hall of Fame career.

Best of all, Universal rewards will mean that all of that gameplay earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards. We’re introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.

Make yourself a legend and never start your career or season over again. With Year-to-Year saves, users will be able to continue their Road to The Show players and Franchises from MLB 14 The Show into MLB 15 The show, and into future releases.“

All of that is only scratching the surface of how MLB 15 The Show is ready to prove that Baseball Is Better. Revamped commentary, improved load times, and an overhauled franchise mode are also on-deck to help make the 10th edition of The Show the best one yet.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 countryboy @ 01/01/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
For me, its right after the final seconds of the super bowl, then we're really close! Although spring training is a little late, March 3.
Hey pitchers and catchers start reporting in appx 6 weeks.

# 122 aguero90 @ 01/01/15 04:21 PM
Now we're talking, I like the way you think! It's going to be an interesting year for my team... You-know-who is back, and its not Voldemort!

# 123 RyanLaFalce @ 01/01/15 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Hey pitchers and catchers start reporting in appx 6 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I was just thinking the other day, the smell in the air reminds me of baseball. (Sounds weird, I know), but that Spring smell in the winter air is awesome.
Can't wait

# 124 countryboy @ 01/01/15 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I was just thinking the other day, the smell in the air reminds me of baseball. (Sounds weird, I know), but that Spring smell in the winter air is awesome.
The smell of baseball.

# 125 K33057 @ 01/01/15 09:56 PM
I for one would LOVE them to have classic teams in the game.. Come on its a PS4 No reason they cant,

# 126 redsox4evur @ 01/01/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
I for one would LOVE them to have classic teams in the game.. Come on its a PS4 No reason they cant,
Yea there is...if you look at it, only one sport video game has classic games. And that is 2K. There are only 12 players per team so 2k is not spending a lot on the rights to use the legends likeness where it would be about double what it costs for a complete NBA team. Also maybe SCEA couldn't get enough players to allow them to use their rights in the game. Perfect case is Bonds. Starting in 2004 he did not allow any game company to use his name or likeness ever again. Go back and play MVP 2005 Barry Bonds is a white guy with the name of John Dowd. Also Kevin Millar was a black guy named Anthony Friese.

And that is also the reason why we don't have any more NCAA Football games.

# 127 mmorg @ 01/01/15 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
It's not so much the suspensions themselves, as the reasons. MLB doesn't want drug use, steroids, etc... in the game. THey don't want actual crimes (domestic abuse etc...) in the game.

If you take away all that, I can't think of any other reason a player can even be suspended.
How about suspensions for players just for "breaking rules"? They don't have to specify a certain rule that is broken. And for players there can be a hidden rating or some type of personality trait that will give the user clues as to how likely the player is to break rules.

# 128 Moss44 @ 01/02/15 10:28 PM
Can anyone put the new Human IK engine into simpler terms? What does it mean for the game? I'm intrigued.

# 129 Bobhead @ 01/02/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
Can anyone put the new Human IK engine into simpler terms? What does it mean for the game? I'm intrigued.
Well the IK engine is a tool, not a result. There isn't really much to talk about until we know how exactly SCEA has decided to use it.

But it COULD mean groundbreaking improvements to the way fielders move apply tags, and react to thrown/batted balls, and the way baserunners run, reach for the base, and avoid tags. Things that were handled by individual animations before, will now be handled mathematically, which means less wonky stuff, and smoother, more precise and realistic movement.

Again, though, we will have to wait and see.

# 130 strawberryshortcake @ 01/03/15 01:04 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Here's a demo. The real strength of Human IK seems to be more realistic body structure (the way joints, bones, muscles move in tandem) and collision mapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blLBRmNA3zI

# 131 Cubfan @ 01/03/15 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burjeffton
I haven't been able to get the $39.99 pre-order price... even after adding to the cart. Has anyone else had luck with this?
Or that is the price of the PS3 version.

# 132 aguero90 @ 01/03/15 05:32 PM
Very true Clarke, and that's a big reason why we need a new voice. there are some announcers that can just nail a voice over, and sound just as good as real life, then there are guys like Matt, that sound like they're reading lines off a paper, and recording them. No matter what lines the studio gives, they don't control how you deliver them. Some guys just have "it." Indians radio man Tom Hamallton, if he did a video game, wouldn't be able to contain his excitement, because that's just how his voice works. If I was doing the show's pbp, I'd give it my best on every line, I'd actually have a great voice, and would do an amazing job! lol.

# 133 @legendm0de @ 01/03/15 06:46 PM
Quote:
My take was
Quote:
This should have some effect on player collision avoidance being much improved so there should be no more ghosting on the bases and at home plate especially. I can't wait to see this introduced, it should add so many subtleties to the ballgames giving a full next gen feel. I would also hope it improves how fielders make catches, and diving for balls which has always been a broken animation since they never really can reach for the ball. Might also improve the animations for batters during their swing, which always seemed pretty 1 dimensional.

And I'm very excited about that new tag system, I hope it's the most dynamic feature, it sounds like the new system will have alot of impact on how we feel about the game. Reminds me of how much goalies were improved on FIFA 15 and how that made the game so much more interesting alone.

# 134 HypoLuxa13 @ 01/04/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Very true Clarke, and that's a big reason why we need a new voice. there are some announcers that can just nail a voice over, and sound just as good as real life, then there are guys like Matt, that sound like they're reading lines off a paper, and recording them. No matter what lines the studio gives, they don't control how you deliver them. Some guys just have "it." Indians radio man Tom Hamallton, if he did a video game, wouldn't be able to contain his excitement, because that's just how his voice works. If I was doing the show's pbp, I'd give it my best on every line, I'd actually have a great voice, and would do an amazing job! lol.
Have you heard the commentary in NHL 15 yet? Ugh, makes Matt V and Lyons/Karros sound pretty dang good by comparison.

# 135 Blzer @ 01/04/15 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Have you heard the commentary in NHL 15 yet? Ugh, makes Matt V and Lyons/Karros sound pretty dang good by comparison.
They're trying and tweaking a system that I think will get better as years go on (record them watching actual footage instead of reading lines). Once they get the proper amount of lines and the algorithms down, I think it will actually sound pretty good.

# 136 aguero90 @ 01/04/15 05:31 PM
I agree, can't wait to hear this years improvements! And yes, I heard nhl's guys, not good! Because I rely on sound a lot, commentary can be the difference for me between buy or not in any sports game.

# 137 WatchdogXC @ 01/04/15 07:43 PM
I beat Far Cry 4 last night and noticed it used the HumanIK engine during the credits. Great game overall especially since I hadn't played any of the previous ones but the character animation and physics seemed pretty good in it.

I thought all along as good as 14 was 15 should be a lot better with full dev cycle and being the 2nd on the hardware. 08 was the start of The Show really becoming great. Next big step will be when they focus more on PS4 than doing the ps3 and Vita versions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 138 Blzer @ 01/04/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
I beat Far Cry 4 last night and noticed it used the HumanIK engine during the credits. Great game overall especially since I hadn't played any of the previous ones but the character animation and physics seemed pretty good in it.

I thought all along as good as 14 was 15 should be a lot better with full dev cycle and being the 2nd on the hardware. 08 was the start of The Show really becoming great. Next big step will be when they focus more on PS4 than doing the ps3 and Vita versions.

I'm not so certain they had a full development cycle, with the later release. Not that it was much later, but it makes you wonder if next year will be the first "full" cycle.

I think MLB 09 was the start of The Show being really great on PS3, IMO.

# 139 WatchdogXC @ 01/04/15 09:39 PM
Yeah, 09 added the day to night transitions if I remember right. Just knew 08 was a big step up from 07. Have to think there isn't as big a learning curve as they had moving to the difficulty of the ps3 architecture.

# 140 Jimmydm90 @ 01/04/15 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
Yeah, 09 added the day to night transitions if I remember right. Just knew 08 was a big step up from 07. Have to think there isn't as big a learning curve as they had moving to the difficulty of the ps3 architecture.

My hope is that since they got a lot of the heavy lifting done for 14 (porting the infrastructure, building stadiums, etc), that they'll be able to make some pretty big strides for 15.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.