Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

More MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed by Target. They also have a special pre-order price of $39.99 for PlayStation 4 gamers, but many are getting errors when trying to get it at that price, (thanks for the heads up Gleebo)!

Some of the new details that have been revealed on their product page include a new New Human IK Engine, new Tag System, revamped commentary, overhauled Franchise mode and more.

For the first time, partnerships with real-world equipment brands will bring MLB-accurate bats, gloves, shoes, and batting gloves to the game. Customize your Road to The Show player in the best gear from the sport’s best brands.

It’s not just the gear that’s more authentic this year. Players and teams also have more unique personalities and styles plus a wide array of emotional reactions to all the heartbreak and triumph on the field.

And that field will be more action-packed with new animations, a new tag system, and completely new Human IK engine. In 2015, playing the field will be as exciting as stepping up to the plate.

MLB 15 The Show also features major graphical improvements. Enhanced stadium lighting, Improved gloss and specular, resulting in more natural lighting on players. Seasonal day/night transitions have also been added into the world of The Show.

And the improvements aren’t all animations and graphics. The game itself has gotten deeper with more ways to play, earn rewards, and put together a Hall of Fame career.

Best of all, Universal rewards will mean that all of that gameplay earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards. We’re introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.

Make yourself a legend and never start your career or season over again. With Year-to-Year saves, users will be able to continue their Road to The Show players and Franchises from MLB 14 The Show into MLB 15 The show, and into future releases.“

All of that is only scratching the surface of how MLB 15 The Show is ready to prove that Baseball Is Better. Revamped commentary, improved load times, and an overhauled franchise mode are also on-deck to help make the 10th edition of The Show the best one yet.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 MauerMorneau09 @ 01/05/15 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm not so certain they had a full development cycle, with the later release. Not that it was much later, but it makes you wonder if next year will be the first "full" cycle.

I think MLB 09 was the start of The Show being really great on PS3, IMO.
Agree with you there for MLB 09. MLB 08 had better graphics than 07, but MLB 09 definitely had better lighting and just overall looked better. I think MLB 11 into 12 was when things noticeably slowed down graphics wise.

# 142 canucksss @ 01/05/15 12:12 AM
To be honest, I dont know much about baseball (except to hit the ball and then run the bases, steal base if you can, strikes/strikeout, pitch ball, zone and what not) and I dont know much about the teams/players.

BUT THIS MLBTS 15 GETS ME EXCITED!!! (first time with MLB 14 and I played it to the max, since I HATE EA's effort with NHL 15)

# 143 aguero90 @ 01/05/15 10:07 AM
Totally off topic, so forgive me! but I need my fellow show players opinions! I'm saving to buy front row tickets to this years Yanks old timers day, so I bought a 20th anniversary ps4 from ebay, and I'm going to sell it, so I have the money I need. If you were me, would you do it? Or keep the system.

# 144 GSW @ 01/05/15 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Totally off topic, so forgive me! but I need my fellow show players opinions! I'm saving to buy front row tickets to this years Yanks old timers day, so I bought a 20th anniversary ps4 from ebay, and I'm going to sell it, so I have the money I need. If you were me, would you do it? Or keep the system.
Keep the PS4 and save in other areas. Only sell the PS4 if you absolutely need to.

# 145 RyanLaFalce @ 01/05/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Go to Old Timers day!!! Jeter will most likely be there too in some capacity.

Sent From My Galaxy S7

# 146 aguero90 @ 01/05/15 10:29 AM
I mean lets be honest, Being visually impaired, I can hardly see the difference between the ps4 editions, I already have one, so I don't need another, and how many times will I get to buy front row seats behind the plate, I'm talking the seats you see on tv whenever the pitcher throws, 5 star food included, once in a life time chance! Lol, my dad joked I should sell it to CC Sabathia, maybe I'll tweet him!

# 147 Strings74 @ 01/05/15 03:10 PM
Quote:
I mean lets be honest, Being visually impaired, I can hardly see the difference between the ps4 editions, I already have one, so I don't need another, and how many times will I get to buy front row seats behind the plate, I'm talking the seats you see on tv whenever the pitcher throws, 5 star food included, once in a life time chance! Lol, my dad joked I should sell it to CC Sabathia, maybe I'll tweet him!
One of those Legend Seats for Old Timer's Day will cost you probably $1,500 so we're talking like 6 ps4's here.

# 148 aguero90 @ 01/05/15 03:52 PM
No, prices have come down, last year for Old Timers day, as well as all other games, they were $700 a ticket for all rows accept first. All I need is about $2100, and I've seen a ton of them sell for that and more on ebay. That being said, it won't be cheap! But there's no ticket that causts $1500, unless you buy through third party sites, but I'll go through ticketmaster. So... anyone ready for the show 15 already?

# 149 Strings74 @ 01/05/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
No, prices have come down, last year for Old Timers day, as well as all other games, they were $700 a ticket for all rows accept first. All I need is about $2100, and I've seen a ton of them sell for that and more on ebay. That being said, it won't be cheap! But there's no ticket that causts $1500, unless you buy through third party sites, but I'll go through ticketmaster. So... anyone ready for the show 15 already?
Nice. Good luck, dude.

# 150 aguero90 @ 01/05/15 04:32 PM
Thank you! I'll take a pic for all you guys from my seats! Lol, I mean I'll have someone take it, I'm not good at taking pictures!

# 151 aguero90 @ 01/05/15 05:09 PM
I think we'll get something by the 15th, fact sheet around feb 17.

# 152 aguero90 @ 01/05/15 07:41 PM
To all those who didn't get to take part in my little free copy of the show question, I'm sorry! It was a spur of the moment thing. But next year, I'll create a thread for it to make it so all get a chance! Warning, it will be a very tough trivia question from my favorite book series... Gotta make you earn it after all! And who knows, if I'm feeling generous, I might do it in March for this years game... so keep an eye out, and don't turn a blind eye!

# 153 Blzer @ 01/05/15 10:47 PM
Quote:
To all those who didn't get to take part in my little free copy of the show question, I'm sorry! It was a spur of the moment thing. But next year, I'll create a thread for it to make it so all get a chance! Warning, it will be a very tough trivia question from my favorite book series... Gotta make you earn it after all! And who knows, if I'm feeling generous, I might do it in March for this years game... so keep an eye out, and don't turn a blind eye!
If I guess the book series beforehand, do I win a free copy?

# 154 aguero90 @ 01/06/15 08:16 AM
Nice try! But no! Not that easy, although go ahead and guess... It'll give people time to get ready!

# 155 aguero90 @ 01/06/15 02:30 PM
I wonder what exactly revamped commentary means? Should be interesting, and I almost forgot about the radio show!

# 156 ryanmc564 @ 01/06/15 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Exactly. If it was someone like Tiburon who just implements things year after year without testing I'd see the concern. But this is SDS, a group who held off implementing Diamond Dynasty until it was done right, I have confidence that any improvements and or overhauls will be done right before implementation. If they say they're overhauling commentary and or other things, then they've got it right.

this is true, even stuff that gets released in the fact sheet for the up incoming game if its not right they leave it out I.E. stadium fans catching foul balls it was in the fact sheet but was left out because they didn't have it quite right.

# 157 aguero90 @ 01/06/15 05:09 PM
Also if I remember right, flyovers were in the sheet, but didn't get in the game.

# 158 RyanLaFalce @ 01/06/15 05:11 PM
Could classic stadiums return this year?

Sent From My Galaxy S7

# 159 aguero90 @ 01/06/15 05:32 PM
No, I'd think that's too much work, and they need to focus on other areas before doing that I'd imagine.

# 160 Turbojugend @ 01/06/15 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Could classic stadiums return this year?
We know we're getting some new stadiums in '15, but historic ballparks seem unlikely based on previous comments from the devs. It will probably end up being more MiLB/ST stadiums.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.