Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video and blog with more details on universal rewards, licensed equipment and 30 Legends. At the end of the video, the team reveals 30 Legend cards included in the game.

Quote:
In the last couple years, we’ve added something we call your Universal Profile, which tracks your playstyle tendencies and passively rewards you with XP and Stubs while you play. This year, in addition to XP and Stubs, you’ll earn new Items usable throughout different game modes.

Road to the Show is a mode focused on one player’s path to the majors and beyond. As you play, you’ll find different qualities of licensed equipment that can enhance your player’s attributes. Once you find them, you’ll equip them to your player for an instant boost to his skill. Your player has slots for a Bat, Batting Gloves, Fielding Glove, Cleats, and echoing the traditions of our sport, a Ritual item.

Franchise is a mode focused on managing baseball organizations on every level. Periodically, you’ll find Brand Sponsorship contracts. Once you have the contract in hand, you can choose at any time to partner your Franchise team with the Brand. Doing so will add some Brand flavor to your interface during game broadcasts. The Sponsorship also earns your team budget incentives based on how you performance in a certain statistic.

Diamond Dynasty is a fantasy baseball card mode where you build a custom team and assemble players you find into a squad. Diamond Dynasty is DRASTICALLY changed this year so keep an eye out for a more focused blog about it. MLB Player Cards and Stadiums Cards will be rewarded as you play. While playing ANY mode, you’ll be passively building a fantasy squad of MLB pros.

Collect an entire MLB team or get REALLY lucky with a pack, and you’ll unlock an iconic alumni player from one of 30 MLB teams.

We’re very excited this year that we’ve partnered with nine iconic baseball brands to bring items from their product catalog directly into the game. We are lucky to have such amazing partners. Check out this list of awesomeness:
  • Franklin®
  • Louisville Slugger®
  • Nike®
  • Under Armour®
  • Wilson®
  • Rawlings®
  • Sam Bat®
  • Mizuno®
  • Marucci®

UPDATE: Here is the list of 30 legends.
  • Al Kaline - Detroit Tigers
  • Harmon Killebrew - Minnesota Twins
  • George Brett - Kansas City Royals
  • Fred McGriff - Tampa Bay Rays
  • Nolan Ryan - Texas Rangers
  • Jack McDowell - Chicago White Sox
  • Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles
  • Joe Carter - Toronto Blue Jays
  • Orel Hershiser - Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Will Clark - San Francisco Giants
  • Dave Winfield - San Diego Padres
  • Dennis Eckersley - Oakland Athletics
  • Ernie Banks - Chicago Cubs
  • Jeff Bagwell - Houston Astros
  • Rod Carew - California Angels
  • Tom Seaver - New York Mets
  • Phil Niekro - Atlanta Braves
  • Johnny Bench - Cincinnati Reds
  • Mike Schmidt - Philadelpha Phillies
  • Robin Yount - Milwaukee Brewers
  • Ralph Kiner - Pittsburgh Pirates
  • Yogi Berra - New York Yankees
  • Andre Dawson - Washington Nationals
  • Ozzie Smith - St. Louis Cardinals
  • Kenny Lofton - Cleveland Indians
  • Edgar Martinez - Seattle Mariners
  • Dante Bichette - Colorado Rockies
  • Steve Finley - Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Cliff Floyd - Miami Marlins
  • Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Sco291 @ 02/11/15 06:52 PM
This video has me chuckling out of pure excitement I'm going to have with this when the game drops. Looks awesome!

I wonder if normal players cards will have the player picture like in previous games? Like where you press circle (I think it was) to see the reverse stats/front picture of the card.

# 142 redsox4evur @ 02/11/15 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maizeblue13
Will these new features (licensed equipment) be on the PS3 version as well? Or just PS4?
Refer to the fact sheet but yes.

# 143 BravesBoy @ 02/11/15 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Here's to hoping that generated draft classes have better equipment and appearance choices. I hated seeing white guys with corn rows, every other batter wearing one or no batting gloves, and guys having multi colored arm sleeves.
YES!! Long side burns drove me nuts lol

# 144 bcruise @ 02/11/15 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3maddenjunkie
Anyone else's universal record never change it always says I played 21 games and my my stubs never change and is level 30 the last level?
Yes, 30 is the max level. Not sure why your games played counter or stubs wouldn't be moving, though.

# 145 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/11/15 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Here's to hoping that generated draft classes have better equipment and appearance choices. I hated seeing white guys with corn rows, every other batter wearing one or no batting gloves, and guys having multi colored arm sleeves.
Let us also not forget all of the handlebar mustaches, and the 1990's pants style that no one wears anymore.

# 146 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/15 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
To all those complaining about which legends are in, do even an ounce of research on licensing. Bonds wasn't even in the game when he was a freaking current player and yet people are surprised he's not in now, maybe think a little bit before complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I bet you're a very pleasant person to be around.

Most of the people "complaining" aren't saying "BONDS OR NOTHING." They were just some what disappointed because the Giants have a prestigious history with many hall of famers/legends (not just Bonds), that they would have preferred to see. I think a number of those classic giant players were actually in the game before. I know their batting/pitching animations still are.

For most of the legends that people wanted for their teams but didn't get, I think it has to do with them not being members of the MLBPAA. That's who SCEA did their deal with and if a player's not in the MLBPAA, they're not in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
While I can't be mad about having George, I'd love to see some Bo Jackson. He'd probably break the game though, since he'd be a 99 in every stat category possible.

Also, I have a few fun stories about Joe Carter:

I was at the All-Star Game in KC in 2012 and saw Joe Carter roaming the concourse by himself. Nobody was bothering him, nobody even paid him any attention. It was like nobody even knew who he was. I nearly went up to him but I figured he might be enjoying being just a guy at a baseball game. Plus, I didn't want him to get bombarded by people if they suddenly realized who he was. Same goes with Mike Sweeney. He was just waltzing around the concourse with his wife and kid like some random guy.

Also, back in the late 80s, Wichita State used to have alumni games with Home Run Derby's prior to them. Joe Carter (who went to WSU) was mashing 30+ HRs in the Show for the Indians at that time and he rolled into town and participated in said HR Derby. With a metal bat. Guy was pelting houses across the street from the stadium.

Also, if you've never been to Eck Stadium, that's a mammoth shot:

Spoiler

That's an old picture, but it shows the houses nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yes, 30 is the max level. Not sure why your games played counter or stubs wouldn't be moving, though.
I wonder how many people just stopped playing because the meter maxed out at level 30? Just seems like an odd design choice.

# 147 Cowboy008 @ 02/11/15 08:42 PM
One thing I would like to know is if the CPU teams will go ahead and get sponsors for their team?

# 148 Knight165 @ 02/11/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
One thing I would like to know is if the CPU teams will go ahead and get sponsors for their team?
Ahhh...good question.
If not...something to add to my 30 team CPU profile to do.

M.K.
Knight165

# 149 redsox4evur @ 02/11/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3maddenjunkie
just a thought for all the people wanting legends fast its gonna be pretty hard to fill in team in knowing your gonna get so many doubles in one pack I wonder if you can sell your doubles back I say depends on how often you play getting all 30 legends could take months and not to fond on the yankee legend they picked I wonder why it wasn't ruth or even mantle
It wasn't Ruth because he didn't fit in the timeline. Which I think was around WWII.

# 150 redsox4evur @ 02/11/15 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Ruth played in between WWI and II. WWI ended in 1918/9. And WWII started around 1945. Ruth was somewhere in between.
I should have been more clear I think right around then as a start date. I will search for it and update this post when I find it. Ghost of the Year posted that it was legends of the past 70 years, so 1940 and on.

# 151 BA2929 @ 02/11/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Ruth played in between WWI and II. WWI ended in 1918/9. And WWII started around 1945. Ruth was somewhere in between.
Ruth's final year was 1935. Though you could technically say it was 1934, since his final year was more of a farewell tour.

1914-1935 to be exact. Traded to Yankees in 1920.

# 152 rjackson @ 02/11/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I have seen shoes make someone faster tho

Lol. That scene in The sandlot was my influence for that line! You read my mind.

# 153 giantsharks @ 02/12/15 12:28 AM
Can't say enough how pumped i am for will clark. A lot of people questioning that here probably dont realize how loved this guy is by Giants fans, hes up there probably top 5 all time beloved Giants. Sounds nuts but after mays and bonds, will clark is up there, probably on the same level as mccovey as far as fan favorites go.

# 154 Jimmydm90 @ 02/12/15 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Can't say enough how pumped i am for will clark. A lot of people questioning that here probably dont realize how loved this guy is by Giants fans, hes up there probably top 5 all time beloved Giants. Sounds nuts but after mays and bonds, will clark is up there, probably on the same level as mccovey as far as fan favorites go.

Most of the people questioning Clark ARE Giants fans. Myself included. I think the amount of Clark love has a lot to do with if you grew up with him. By the time I was getting into baseball Clark was already on Texas so I felt no connection to him. Plus he spent half of his career on non-giant teams. I was a Barry Bonds, Robb Nen, Bill Mueller guy growing up.

I can think of at least 11 hall of famers I'd pick over Clark. I think Clark is probably a top 15/top 20 player for most giant fans (higher or lower for some depending on when they got into baseball) but certainly not top 5 and I highly doubt most people would consider him equal with Mccovey (the man has a cove named after him for goodness sake! Haha).

# 155 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/12/15 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Will STUBS roll over in to MLB '15?? I've got 21,000 sitting here in MLB '14....
Anyone? Anyone?

# 156 Hockeynut99 @ 02/12/15 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Most of the people questioning Clark ARE Giants fans. Myself included. I think the amount of Clark love has a lot to do with if you grew up with him. By the time I was getting into baseball Clark was already on Texas so I felt no connection to him. Plus he spent half of his career on non-giant teams. I was a Barry Bonds, Robb Nen, Bill Mueller guy growing up.

I can think of at least 11 hall of famers I'd pick over Clark. I think Clark is probably a top 15/top 20 player for most giant fans (higher or lower for some depending on when they got into baseball) but certainly not top 5 and I highly doubt most people would consider him equal with Mccovey (the man has a cove named after him for goodness sake! Haha).
Clark was the heart and soul of the Giants in 80's Clark is a perfect choice. But I grew up with Clark but seriuos Clark is the man!

# 157 MrOldboy @ 02/12/15 05:40 AM
I think the Clark choice is surprising to people mostly because it is pretty easy to name more deserving players. Maybe not as easy as the White Sox choice. But you have McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal, Perry, Mays, not going to count Bonds since he would never be in the game. I have no idea how the licensing works for these historic players, but some of the choices I have to agree are odd and I feel like they couldn't get their top choices for many teams and had to go down the list a bit.

# 158 Jason_19 @ 02/12/15 06:20 AM
I read through this thread and was surprised to see that no one had pointed out what's shown here (unless I overlooked that). I figured I would post a screenshot in case anyone missed that.

# 159 Jimmydm90 @ 02/12/15 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I read through this thread and was surprised to see that no one had pointed out what's shown here (unless I overlooked that). I figured I would post a screenshot in case anyone missed that.

Which part are you taking note of? Just the ritual items in general?

It's a funny little nod. I hope there a few more items to pick from. Like a chicken a la the movie, major league. Or something from Bull Durham.

# 160 LastActionHero @ 02/12/15 06:41 AM

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.